ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #31
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
I'll answer my own question. I found audio to audio converter where I can convert wma to mp3. Slow process doing them one at a time, but it works.

Thanks for the help.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #32
Poncharello
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug67 View Post
My brain hurts. I'm not getting anywhere.

I got a SanDisk 64 GB micro sdxc card for use in my Zumo 660. Actually, it's the card that came out of my Android phone when I got rid of it. However, it doesn't mater how I label folders, none of my mp3s are showing up.

1. I made a folder on the sd card called MP3 and put an album folder in there with all the mp3s of that album. "No mp3s found."

2. I made a folder on the sd card called Garmin and within that i made another folder called MP3 and dropped the album folder in that. "No mp3s found."

2. I made just a folder called Garmin and dropped the album itself with the mp3s in it. "No mp3s found."

3. I copied the Audible folder from the Zumo's internal memory to the sd card and then deleted it from the internal memory. Then, dropped mp3s in there. "No mp3s found."

I started to copy my entire Garmin folder from the internal memory to the sd card. I was then going to delete it off the zumo's memory and try to drop an mp3 folder with music in that. I got impatient though. That was going to take over an hour.

I know that if I make an mp3 folder inside the Garmin folder that exists on the Zumo's internal memory, and drop music in there, they show up fine. I want to use the sd card though. What on earth am I doing wrong?

How did you get this to work? It ain't going for me. Card shows up on my computer as F drive with the Zumo plugged into the computer. I'm just not getting it.
*Bump*

I am having this same problem. I didn't mess around with naming folders, just loaded the music straight to the 64gb SD card and put it in the zumo - no dice.

Took everything off. Took just one music file that I was sure was mp3, loaded to the card whilst inside the Z660 - no dice.

Cleared the SD card, loaded same file on Z660 internal memory- played fine. Loaded a few files in their original folders on my computer to the Z660 internal mem - played fine.

Cleared Z660 Interal mem and loaded those same songs on the SD card - no dice.

Suggestions?
Poncharello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #33
Monte Walsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Maybe a dumb question, but is the card formatted exFat or Fat32 ? I just went thru installing a 64gb card in my Monterra and had to download a format program to format the card to Fat32 since the Monterra would not recognize exFat.
Monte Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #34
Poncharello
n00b

I have no idea, I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion
Poncharello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #35
wonderings
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
I use a 32 gig micros SD card on my 660, its pretty much problem free. Though every now and then it starts cutting out in songs and I have to restart.

When I was researching this, I found that you needed to get a certain class of micro sd card, its a speed thing I guess. I think mine is class 10. If memory serves me, the lower class means the card is slower, so you if you are getting a higher capacity sd card, get the highest class you can afford.
2010 GSA
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #36
jj2112
n00b

Genius

Monte, I spent hours trying to figure out why my SanDisk would not work and sure enough you nailed it. I had to download a program because Windows 7 wouldn't give me the option to reformat the SanDisk to Fat32. Here is what I pulled from another site to reformat it:

Place the card in your PC's card reader and determine the drive designation (i.e., G:\, H:\, etc.)

2. Download the fat32format utility in GUI version from here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe. Click on the picture to retrieve the file.

3. Launch the guiformat.exe.

4. Choose the drive that corresponds to your SD card.

5. Choose the size of the SD Card you are formatting.

5. Check the Quick Format box.

6. Press Start.

And voila !!!
jj2112 is offline   Reply With Quote