Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Gian OP
dreamer

Oddometer: 967
New Aprilia Tuareg?

It looks it may arrive at the Eicma, next fall

maybe a 750 and a 1200 cc, the little one also in "Adventure" versions, so they say (thanks Breeze for posting it on MCATI )
Gian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Gedge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
A 750 one would be cool...................................
Gedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
jtw000
Survivor

Oddometer: 544
As an owner of an Aprilia Pegaso and a BMW F800GS I would get about as excited as this as I would about an offer to have my balls bitten off by a rabid monkey.

jtw000 screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 03:24 PM
jtw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Gedge
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw000
As an owner of an Aprilia Pegaso and a BMW F800GS I would get about as excited as this as I would about an offer to have my balls bitten off by a rapid monkey.
As someone that was bored shitless test riding a BMW F800GS but who loved his Aprilia Tuono and test riding the Dorsoduro I know which would excite me
Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
TRKTEK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
As an owner of an Aprilia Pegaso and a BMW F800GS I would get about as excited as this as I would about an offer to have my balls bitten off by a rapid monkey.
Much worse than having them bitten off by a slow monkey....

John Kenneth Galbraith

Don't worry my friend, raising your awareness of the world has no negative consequences.

Strikingviking

Survive and thrive. Live well, live in joy. God meant for his children to sing and dance every day!

Sabre
TRKTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
raider
Big red dog

Oddometer: 1,582
$5 says if it comes to market, it won't be called the Tuareg... VW would have them in a trademark infringement lawsuit faster than you can say "Piaggio"! (Can't have Mr and Mrs Long Island driving their luxury SUV with a name shared with something so common as a (*long sniff*) motorcycle!)
Old 03-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
jtw000
Survivor

Seriously. It's going to be rubbish. The 750 engine has issues with fuelling, it's very uneconomical and rough. Owning a modern Aprilia (my fifth) I would now never touch an Italian bike again, not because they're bad but because they're so bad they make me want to buy a French car. Ok, they're not quite that bad...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man

Oddometer: 1,280
Aprilia Tuareg Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider
$5 says if it comes to market, it won't be called the Tuareg... VW would have them in a trademark infringement lawsuit faster than you can say "Piaggio"! (Can't have Mr and Mrs Long Island driving their luxury SUV with a name shared with something so common as a (*long sniff*) motorcycle!)
Aprilia was the first one to use Tuareg for the 600cc Rotax-motorized that was the first one to popularize the Rallye bodywork on production bikes, two or three years before the Africa Twin, Cagiva 900 and Super Tenere jumped in the bandwagon.

Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875

DakarBlues screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 06:06 PM
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
atermon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
not bad not bad
there is some competition joining the gs800 party
750 dorsoduro engine I suppose or maybe a few others parts as well
rxv 450 rally-ish bodywork
there is certainly a full parts bin to work on
atermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 757
Maybe the 1200 will be a bored out RSV4 mill, to compete with the rumored VFR1200 based ADV bike.

Either way, new models is good.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,866
Quote:
Seriously. It's going to be rubbish. The 750 engine has issues with fuelling, it's very uneconomical and rough. Owning a modern Aprilia (my fifth) I would now never touch an Italian bike again, not because they're bad but because they're so bad they make me want to buy a French car. Ok, they're not quite that bad...
This is not the talk of an Aprilia owner.
The Shiver and Dorsoduro are competent bikes. As are the Tuono and RSVR.
The RSV4 is showing promise.
Capo, good bike, Futura the same.
The SXV/RXV model range could be a problem child - although if you are a racer and maintain them as such they are very fast.
Sometimes Aprilia ownership is only as good as the dealer in your area.
Some dealers suck.
Italians do have a strange way of company management.
My Aprilias are serviced properly and get with the program.
All bike brands have issues. Japanese, German and Italian.
For Aprilias coming out of such a small factory, they do a fabulous job.

Get real.

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
craigincali
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,878
In would have to agree with the statement that new models of this type are always good. I wouldnt shy away from it just because its an Aprilia.
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #13
Strada
Tally Ho!

Oddometer: 411
From personal experience, I find the dealerships rubbish - it's like they've been forced to sell Aprilia (well, suppose they have been now they're part of the Piaggio group).
I also question their pricing.
Nearly bought a Dorsoduro last year but, luckily, asked to see their service costs - 650 for a first service at 600 miles!!!!!! WTF needs doing after 600miles, a complete rebuild?
What a piss-take and imagine most customers forget to ask.

Got a Tiger 1050 instead and paid 45 at 600 miles and got a decent loan bike (Street Triple R), not a shitty scooter.

I do like my Aprilias and also have a Pegaso Trail (previously had a Strada and RS250) but I can't see myself getting another one until they sort their pricing out.

www.palmerproducts.co.uk
Strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #14
Gedge
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strada
From personal experience, I find the dealerships rubbish - it's like they've been forced to sell Aprilia (well, suppose they have been now they're part of the Piaggio group).
I also question their pricing.
Nearly bought a Dorsoduro last year but, luckily, asked to see their service costs - 650 for a first service at 600 miles!!!!!! WTF needs doing after 600miles, a complete rebuild?
What a piss-take and imagine most customers forget to ask.

Got a Tiger 1050 instead and paid 45 at 600 miles and got a decent loan bike (Street Triple R), not a shitty scooter.

I do like my Aprilias and also have a Pegaso Trail (previously had a Strada and RS250) but I can't see myself getting another one until they sort their pricing out.
All Aprilias have the valves done at first service hence they are dearer, and mostg people factor a free service intothe deal..anyway its 300 not 600 so your dealer was trying to rip you off
Old 03-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #15
jtw000
Survivor

I don't agree. I have had 5 Aprilias, a Mille and 4 Pegasos. The early 95 Pegs are awesome machines, fun, quick and reliable if they're looked after. The cube was faster and handled better but had a weakness in the water pump which I fell foul of. I still thought it was a good bike. The Mille was just brilliant although they shouldn't have designed it around the factory and down graded the base model to showa suspension because it didn't handle quite right without a lot of tweaking. The new Peg is a different animal though and the new Aprilias are becoming quite unreliable. The new Peg is a disaster of bad wiring and poor build quality. Mine has been the biggest disappointment I've ever bought. It's gone wrong a number of times and according to the forums that's not at all unusual. Considering the issues with the newer bikes in general I would be leaving any new offering from them well alone.