User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
250txc OP
250TXC

Oddometer: 200
Carabao Highways of the Philippines

'Carabao Hiway' is another term I made up for riding here for the Philippines that seems to fit... These 'highways' are trails, maybe roads, that are either so muddy and steep or narrow, that trucks and cars cannot make it up or down them ... Carabao, horses, big bikes, small bikes (when dry), and foot travel only ...

Carabao pull sleds here with people or goods on them and leave very distinct sled marks ... When I see these sled marks, the trail might can be labeled Carabao hiway <#> ..

These videos are of Carabao Hiway 101 ... The first time I saw it , it had just been bulldozed and was 100% free of all cover and was just mud from side to side... No vehicle I have ever seen here would have been able to travel it because it is too muddy and too steep ... We only headed down it that day as coming up it would have been very difficult and very hard on our bikes ...

This hiway starts a few miles past the Danasan ECO ADV Park and ends at a river in a large flat valley so I'm guessing somewhere in the future, a bridge will be built across the river as a good road does exist on the opposite side ...

Heading up the hiway from the river at the bottom ... My good friend James Roy is on my 08 TXC250 doing the filming and I'm on the 08 WR250 ..

UpHill climb from the bottom of the valley ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-_...L39sfg&index=6

DownHill roll to the valley..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQWG...L39sfg&index=5
250txc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
vanveen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
really interesting, thanks for posting
vanveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,121
Watched your videos, good stuff. Too bad photos and videos never show just how steep it is, I could tell at some of the curves it was steep. Steep going up is one thing, steep going down is something else.

Hope that you can post more reports here on the great motorcycle riding there is in the Philippines. As the saying goes,
"It More Fun In The Philippines."
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #4
250txc OP
250TXC

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP? View Post
Watched your videos, good stuff. Too bad photos and videos never show just how steep it is, I could tell at some of the curves it was steep. Steep going up is one thing, steep going down is something else.

Hope that you can post more reports here on the great motorcycle riding there is in the Philippines. As the saying goes,
"It More Fun In The Philippines."

Yep, it was a steep in places ... The downhill ride shows the angle better where the uphill view tends to flatten things out ..

Thanks and I'll see about posting more videos here .... It is a dirt bike riding mecca here for sure with gas, food, people, water, all available even in what seems like a very remote locations to go along with all the dirt paths and trails and roads here... Very little dust... No animals or other varmints to hurt you ... No un-exploded ordinances... Rains are warm ... The list goes on and on ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanveen View Post
really interesting, thanks for posting

250txc screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 01:41 AM
250txc is offline   Reply With Quote