Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Huzband OP
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 3,816
NATC National Sequatchie, Tn...

Who's going, who's competing?

I hope to ride the GSA up there to watch, but nothing is etched yet.

Wonder if I could get a bike pass so I don't have to walk the trails. I'll put the Karoo's back on. Yeah, that'd help.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,048
Rule is only riders and minders on loop. It can be a disqualification going backwards. Remember this is a timed event, After the pits it really is a race! (TIP) If you want a little help to get around the loop. Volunteer to score (Or help to score Saturday) That way Sunday is free to leave when you want or enjoy the whole event. Lot more lee way is given to those that give! Remember the TTC is a hot mother that time of year! Bring your own battery operated fan and many cool drinks!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
Huzband OP
Team Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Rule is only riders and minders on loop. It can be a disqualification going backwards. Remember this is a timed event, After the pits it really is a race! (TIP) If you want a little help to get around the loop. Volunteer to score (Or help to score Saturday) That way Sunday is free to leave when you want or enjoy the whole event. Lot more lee way is given to those that give! Remember the TTC is a hot mother that time of year! Bring your own battery operated fan and many cool drinks!
I grew up in Huntsville, not far south of there. Florida has has nothing on their humidity.

Thanks for the volunteer to score tip. I might try it.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

I`ve ridden Nationals there at least four (Two day events) times and I have won my class twice. Last year scoring the World Round was by far the most entertaining. So do not be intimated , get involved!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #5
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
I read that Tennessee was trying new thing, up to 100 "spectators" could pay $100 each to ride bikes (solely on spectator loop).

first 100 to sign and pay I read. damned if I can recall where I read it?
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
Huzband OP
Team Dirt

I saw that on the TTC website.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 06-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
Huzband OP
Team Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Volunteer to score (Or help to score Saturday.

How do I sign up for this? Send an email to Ashley at TTC?
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 06-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I read that Tennessee was trying new thing, up to 100 "spectators" could pay $100 each to ride bikes (solely on spectator loop).

first 100 to sign and pay I read. damned if I can recall where I read it?
Good idea even though they "shouldn't" have to pay. You want more fans? Don't make them have to "walk" miles to become spectators at events. Allow them to have their own means of transportation from section to section. Friends and family that I've had come out would've definitely been more involved if that was the case. And for the "it's a race" comment(by lineaway); please they get like 6.5 hrs to finish..... Anyways should be an awesome event. Jealous of those in attendance

Brake screwed with this post 06-12-2014 at 04:21 PM
Brake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
Huzband OP
Team Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake View Post
And for the "it's a race" comment(by lineaway); please they get like 6.5 hrs to finish.
Ever rode a national? Been a very long time, but I have. Not much time to walk & evaluate sections. And the transitions can be sections amongst themselves.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 06-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
2feetdown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Good idea even though they "shouldn't" have to pay. You want more fans? Don't make them have to "walk" miles to become spectators at events. Allow them to have their own means of transportation from section to section. Friends and family that I've had come out would've definitely been more involved if that was the case. And for the "it's a race" comment(by lineaway); please they get like 6.5 hrs to finish..... Anyways should be an awesome event. Jealous of those in attendance
Kansas did a good job long enough loop to keep the bottlenecks down and five sections you could drive to that were back to back so spectators could watch. I dont think they have ever put on a national before but they done a real fine job all around a great bunch did a lot of hard work getting ready.
2feetdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #11
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post
Ever rode a national? Been a very long time, but I have. Not much time to walk & evaluate sections. And the transitions can be sections amongst themselves.
I can't speak to a long time ago but I have been at three(2 in CO. and 1 in NM) in the last three years and I know time was not an issue. But that's beside the point I was speaking to. I was simply stating that if we want to encourage more spectators then allow them "full access" of the trials area; however it may be. At the national here in CO. (even with crappy weather) it was nice to see quads out on the trail spectating. Spectators that probably didn't even know about the event but went to check it out because of the accessibility of it....Wish the weather would've been better and there were more of them....

Brake screwed with this post 06-12-2014 at 05:20 PM
Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feetdown View Post
Kansas did a good job long enough loop to keep the bottlenecks down and five sections you could drive to that were back to back so spectators could watch. I dont think they have ever put on a national before but they done a real fine job all around a great bunch did a lot of hard work getting ready.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #13
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Sorry! Back on track... Tennessee will be awesome!! Wish i could attend
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I can't speak to a long time ago but I have been at three(2 in CO. and 1 in NM) in the last three years and I know time was not an issue. But that's beside the point I was speaking to. I was simply stating that if we want to encourage more spectators then allow them "full access" of the trials area; however it may be. At the national here in CO. (even with crappy weather) it was nice to see quads out on the trail spectating. Spectators that probably didn't even know about the event but went to check it out because of the accessibility of it....Wish the weather would've been better and there were more of them....
In the last few years attendance has been half of what it used to be. After
the allotted time you get 30 minutes of grace that is .5 points per section and disqualification after 30 minutes.

The start time for all events will be 9:00AM local time. The time limit for each rider to complete the course
will be 6 hours, except the Trialsmaster may adjust for more time when coordinated with the Sporting
Steward and the Scoring Steward. The start and finish section will be time checks. There is no
mechanism for extended time once the event is started. After the time limit, the rider may arrive late, but
penalty points will be added for arrival at the finish check after scheduled time at the rate of 0.5 points per
minute. Any rider turning in his scorecard later than 30 minutes after his/her scheduled time shall be
disqualified. (See 6.C.12 for first loop time limit
The pro riders used to push this limit very hard. The NATC came up with a lot of changes through the years to make it safer. But the bottom line is when a national championship is on the line, do not get in the way. After my first national which I timed out, I never was a slow rider again. Spectators on bikes do not belong at a National. It is supposed to be a closed course competition. It states that in the permit and insurance.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #15
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

The final deciding factor at a National is overall time.
Ties:
1. In case of ties, including time penalty, the rider with the lowest number of points on observation will win. If
still tied, the competitor with the most cleans, and then ones, twos or threes will win. If still tied, then the
system of farthest cleans; ones, twos, or threes will be used. If still tied, the rider with the fastest overall
time will win.