ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #16
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
good to know, I doubt I will be doing any performance mods other then a cvt and maybe exhaust if that makes any difference.
The exhaust DOES make a difference, and it's usually for the worse.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
Saltydog86
village idiot
 
Saltydog86's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Hinckley/Wheaton Illinois
Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez
The exhaust DOES make a difference, and it's usually for the worse.
Agreed! I have the Yosh pipe and its OBNOXIOUS loud. I did not gain anything but noise from the exhaust. I will most likely be switching back to stock soon, anybody riding behind you will hate you with it.
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #18
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,314
good to know, I am not a fan of loud.

The CVT swap seems to make a difference to responsiveness but then again I don't even have a scoot yet so stock could be just fine

Found a scoot dealer in the city who has an 09 with only 67 miles, but they are not a yamaha dealer. I might try and see it this weekend.
My guess is the warranty follows the bike rather then the owner, unless they got a extend one that is?

stopping by the not so near yamaha dealer and will check then I guess.
__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer
 
redhandmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Tarsnakestan
Oddometer: 564
SBL has made a custom exhaust to go with my 164 kit, clutch & etc. Supposed to be tolerable, ear-friendly, yet more efficient. Will post a report when the parts come in from Taiwan...
__________________
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #20
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
good to know, I am not a fan of loud.

The CVT swap seems to make a difference to responsiveness but then again I don't even have a scoot yet so stock could be just fine
Yeah, the stock will probably be just fine, but knowing that with a
sports CVT you'll be quicker off the line and have better acceleration
where ever and when ever you punch it will always sit somewhere
inside your head..

Exhausts on scooters are a bit more complicated to get right then
for motorcycles since other then jetting / fueling, you've got the CVT
thing which will keep spinning the engine at the same revs regardless
of your exhaust.. and most will (and do) have actually lower torque/power
figures through the rev range except maybe in the last few %.

In theory you MAY gain power, but your CVT doesn't know how to use
it, and that's where the roller weight/springs game begins. It usually
ends with a lot of hours spent making the scooter go 5mph faster and
having 20% worse fuel efficiency.

I wouldn't go there.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,314
thanks good to know.

Local dealer has a bunch of 09's and I saw a cl ad for an 09 with 1,400 miles for 2,400

New they are 2,900 or something plus all the tax, bla, bla, bla

wonder what deal they will do on a new one! Hope my companies stock bumps up a few more $$ and I might be able to post pics of my new scooter

__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"

AngryScot screwed with this post 04-10-2010 at 05:56 PM
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #22
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
I have been looking at the Zuma 125 myself, great looking little scooter.
Not sure how it will pull my 200lb lard arse around however
My stocker hauls my 6' 200# bulldog frame around just fine, even at over 6,000ft and up hills she hits 50+ no problem. BTW mines for sale here on ADV, less than 500mi. We downsized the house, garage, etc, and were getting rid of a ton of stuff to get more room.
__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #23
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto
SBL has made a custom exhaust to go with my 164 kit, clutch & etc. Supposed to be tolerable, ear-friendly, yet more efficient. Will post a report when the parts come in from Taiwan...
Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and get your stuff. He has lied, taken money from, and generally fucked over a number of people on several boards over the last two years. Most booted & banned him so he has changed 'brands' several times (always a self proclaimed expert in each). He settled in over at ZF and made friends with owner/mods and after many, many, many complaints he was essentially forced to start paying into the site to stay.... but old habits have not changed.

Myself, I got screwed out of both some parts & cash, only afterwords did I do some research and find out his deal, I had over a dozen ZF members tell me their tales in dealing with him. He has several MO's including trying to portray himself as a shop owner, manufacturer, etc, but in reality he's a mid-twenties British ex-pat punk who buys local stuff and re-brands/claims it as his own to sell out of his garage (he was busted taking pix of shops and saying they were his).

Much of what he hawks can be bought from other sources for the same or better prices, and in speaking with them they know of his actions as well. Maybe you will be on the lucky side so good luck but be careful, much of what he has done has been hidden by mods after he started paying into the site.
__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #24
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer
 
redhandmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Tarsnakestan
Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-FENS
Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and get your stuff. He has lied, taken money from, and generally fucked over a number of people on several boards over the last two years. Most booted & banned him so he has changed 'brands' several times (always a self proclaimed expert in each). He settled in over at ZF and made friends with owner/mods and after many, many, many complaints he was essentially forced to start paying into the site to stay.... but old habits have not changed.

Myself, I got screwed out of both some parts & cash, only afterwords did I do some research and find out his deal, I had over a dozen ZF members tell me their tales in dealing with him. He has several MO's including trying to portray himself as a shop owner, manufacturer, etc, but in reality he's a mid-twenties British ex-pat punk who buys local stuff and re-brands/claims it as his own to sell out of his garage (he was busted taking pix of shops and saying they were his).

Much of what he hawks can be bought from other sources for the same or better prices, and in speaking with them they know of his actions as well. Maybe you will be on the lucky side so good luck but be careful, much of what he has done has been hidden by mods after he started paying into the site.

Well, FWIW, I just got the shipping confirmation/tracking number, so we'll see what we see. Have seen the mixed reviews of his timeliness and, uh, candor, but on balance, he seems to be coming through, if a bit slowly, for folks nowadays. His prices were fine, and people have generally been happy lately with his component mix. Didn't give the impression that he was making this stuff himself out in the garage, but sourcing it in Taiwan and wringing combos out for the optimum performance. We'll see - I expect to be satisfied (based on recent reviews), but if worse comes to worse, well, there's a couple yakuza I know...
__________________
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #25
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto
Well, FWIW, I just got the shipping confirmation/tracking number, so we'll see what we see. Have seen the mixed reviews of his timeliness and, uh, candor, but on balance, he seems to be coming through, if a bit slowly, for folks nowadays. His prices were fine, and people have generally been happy lately with his component mix. Didn't give the impression that he was making this stuff himself out in the garage, but sourcing it in Taiwan and wringing combos out for the optimum performance. We'll see - I expect to be satisfied (based on recent reviews), but if worse comes to worse, well, there's a couple yakuza I know...
Well I do hope you get what you paid for, and I'm not one to tell folks what to do with their own hard earned cash BUT there are a number of shops here in the states that are honest, and need the support. And to be clear he simply walks down to a local shop (one you could order from) buys the item, sticks it in a box and ships it to you. This is where he portrays himself as an actual shop or manufacturer. This is why he is so often late with his shipping, he has it on his website, takes the order, takes the cash, but often when he gets to the shop they are out of stock.

He has been busted doing this since 2008, and many times when the store didn't re-stock he simply kept the money figuring no one could do anything. Once he started in at ZF he flooded it with spam-posts dissing anyone and everything, and to be brutally honest, many there are not exactly gear heads with a working knowledge of scoots. After getting popped over and over the complaints got pretty severe, but this was the point he suddenly became a paying sponsor... in fact the only sponsor of ZF.

At this point someone in forum "management" started deleting posts that were critical of him and what he had done (you should get a look at the private section of the forum). Back around Jan of this year is when a couple of us got screwed over on part of an order and never got the cash back for the things we never got. When the complaints started flying and his past issues came to light again (we found out later there were many previous) someone with admin access warned us to pipe down as we were not cash supporters and he was. As such we were informed who was more likely to be banned first.

There was one guy last year we found in the archives whom after not getting his parts or his money for months... came forward, he promptly had all his personal information posted, his wife's personal information, as well as their credit card info.

Dan is a dirt-bag POS of the highest order.

Again good luck but if you sleep with dogs your gonna feed the fleas.....
__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer
 
redhandmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Tarsnakestan
Oddometer: 564
and Shazam! Bright and early this morning, there was the big white Postal Truck of Happiness bearing a monster carton of Z125 164cc goodness from Taiwan. On to enhancement!

We now return to the Z125 thread already in progress.
__________________
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #27
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto
and Shazam! Bright and early this morning, there was the big white Postal Truck of Happiness bearing a monster carton of Z125 164cc goodness from Taiwan. On to enhancement!

We now return to the Z125 thread already in progress.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #28
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto
and Shazam! Bright and early this morning, there was the big white Postal Truck of Happiness bearing a monster carton of Z125 164cc goodness from Taiwan. On to enhancement!

We now return to the Z125 thread already in progress.

Were there any extra parts in the box...? They might be mine.
__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #29
RideandDrive
Adventurer
 
RideandDrive's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Northern CA
Oddometer: 29
I bought a 155 kit and a throttle body from Dan. The products seem good and I have 1500 miles on my big bore kit.

Dan's communication and customer service leaves something to be desired.
RideandDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #30
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,314
off to test ride one on sat with any luck
__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014