User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #46
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
No, you drill the holes yourself, but it's a factory item made specifically for the Zuma 125. To be honest, I've used it zero times but I like knowing it's there. CONGRATS on the new scoot! Go here for the footbar/pegs combo: http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/vie...p?f=58&t=10110
Tons of other info on that site as well. I picked up a complete 155cc big bore kit but have yet to install it. Maybe next winter I'll throw it on, I'm in no hurry. Pretty ballsy of you to be taking pics while riding in the rain!!
thanks will check out the link. I have a drink holder coming courtesy of an inmate who didn't use it
Don't think I am going to mod this one other then a power outlet perhaps for a gps at some point. Just taking things easy while I break her in. Ordered the luggage rack when I picked her up, might do the cheap top box or a small pelican case with a back rest for the small passenger. The pegs are so I can put them on the down tubes so my son can ride to the store. In CA passengers have to be able to reach the foot pegs to be all kosher etc.
Oh and I like rain and snow! mine is the riderless GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto
Oh, Yeah, Baby! Startin' off right - hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
I'm 192 and mine flies
It has been doing great, will be flying a bit more as it breaks in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog86
You have a headlight out..
Change to a pair of 35w bulbs and wire it to have both on at once...looks much better.
looks
Not sure on that one yet, but they do look cool with both on.

This had to happen though:

AngryScot screwed with this post 04-21-2010 at 12:19 PM
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #47
D-FENS
Noobalicious

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
Flat ground it hauled butt up to 50 then kept pulling but much slower. It only had 7 miles on it so I bet once broken in a bit it would make a difference
Mine was a d-o-g for the first 100 miles or so and I was starting to think I had made a mistake and/or got a lemon. But the next 50mi or so after that was like flipping a switch and it became much faster with the bottom end really catching up. Now it's a blast on pavement around town and in traffic but I don't really dig the small wheels in the sand or on rocky trails. My wife wants to go do some pokey trail riding so I'm looking for couple of decent CT's and the Z has to go to make space in our one-hole garage.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #48
sasha_j
full time RV'er

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
For the oil screen I keep a little jar of Kerosene w/ a lid and just drop the screen in. Swirl it aroung and shake a little then let it dry completely. Reinstall.
I have a service manual on order but want to do the first oil change ASAP. Could anyone point me to the location of this mystery oil screen? I sure would appreciate it.

Tried to find it at Sloan's online fiche and don't see it....

http://www.sloansmotorcycle.com/fich...ion_detail.asp
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #49
Poke it w/ a stick OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
There are service manuals online at:
http://www.scootertime.net/

The oil screen is accessed via the large bolt with fins (18 or 19mm?) under the engine. The bolt is under spring tension, so be aware when removing/installing.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #50
sasha_j
full time RV'er

Oddometer: 91
thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #51
AngryScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-FENS
Mine was a d-o-g for the first 100 miles or so and I was starting to think I had made a mistake and/or got a lemon. But the next 50mi or so after that was like flipping a switch and it became much faster with the bottom end really catching up. Now it's a blast on pavement around town and in traffic but I don't really dig the small wheels in the sand or on rocky trails. My wife wants to go do some pokey trail riding so I'm looking for couple of decent CT's and the Z has to go to make space in our one-hole garage.
Just clicked over 100miles today on the way to work, will see how she does. Hoping to make a 300 mile round trip this weekend up the coast if I get my luggage rack in time.

The first service said 600 but I see a few folks doing at least an oil change early hmmmmm

my damn rack is coming from japan! so it might not be here in time

AngryScot screwed with this post 04-26-2010 at 02:55 PM
Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #52
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
The first service said 600 but I see a few folks doing at least an oil change early hmmmmm
I did my first at 75 miles I think. Then put in good quality dino oil, eventually will make the switch to synth.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #53
AngryScot

M8's for the handle bar clamps? I have the parts catalog and the service manual and neither give the size
looking at the ram mount bolt so I can stick a gps there.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #54
AngryScot

Ram mounts ordered and picked up a small sigma bicycle trip computer, more accurate speedoooo and 2 odometers and average speed etc for when I don't have the GPS on it for daily commute.
have to pop the front cover to get to the wire routing so I may wait until I decide if the dual bulb thing is worth it. My GPS will draw 6W which ain't too bad and with the stock lighting I should be ok without having to keep the thing on a charger with my 13 mile 1 way commute.

AngryScot screwed with this post 04-28-2010 at 08:11 PM
Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #55
Oni
Ronin

You can do the 35W/35W Ruckus bulb thing for the dual lights. I did the dual light thing with the stock lights and eventually killed my battery. Switched to the 35/35 and no problem.

I think the dual lights stand out more to cage drivers.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #56
AngryScot

found these, might try them in a silly attempt to lower draw and have a bit brighter light back there for the tail light.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...cycle_bulb.htm

Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #57
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,343
Sold my Zuma 125 last month. You'll see a few posts from me over there on the zumaforums site.

When you change the final drive oil, measure carefully. I used a turkey baster marked in milliliters. Too much oil and your top speed drops drastically. And don't think the dealer will measure it right.

I did the dual headlight mod and had no problem. But I also plugged the bike into the Battery Tender every night. FYI, you can buy a complete LED tail light assembly for about $70.

I put bar risers on mine so I should remember if those bolts were M6 or M8. But I don't. I used a 7/8's bar mount for my RAM ball.

Also, FWIW, I bought some stuff from Smelly and had no problem.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #58
AngryScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE
Sold my Zuma 125 last month. You'll see a few posts from me over there on the zumaforums site.

When you change the final drive oil, measure carefully. I used a turkey baster marked in milliliters. Too much oil and your top speed drops drastically. And don't think the dealer will measure it right.

I did the dual headlight mod and had no problem. But I also plugged the bike into the Battery Tender every night. FYI, you can buy a complete LED tail light assembly for about $70.

I put bar risers on mine so I should remember if those bolts were M6 or M8. But I don't. I used a 7/8's bar mount for my RAM ball.

Also, FWIW, I bought some stuff from Smelly and had no problem.
good to know thanks, where is the $70 led tail light? I saw them online but have not found all the cool cheap scooter places yet.
I plan on a few day trips where I will be gone for a long weekend touring so I don't want any extra drain where I would need to hook it up to a tender.

Just mounted my new to me 60cx. Not sure yet if I will run mains to it. Might wire a tank bag sae connector through the leg panel part for power to all items. haven't planed it all out yet

If I get the dealer to do the first service I will be sure to get on them about the amount for the drive oil.

Geeze I might need to fill the tank again in a few days!

first tank was 79mpg which ain't too bad, hopefully get better once break-in is done.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #59
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 980
Quote:
Just mounted my new to me 60cx. Not sure yet if I will run mains to it. Might wire a tank bag sae connector through the leg panel part for power to all items. haven't planed it all out yet

My 60 cx will run a few days on fresh charged batteries, I just carry extra pair charged up when I leave for a ride. No cords to deal with, I just have a ram mount for it.
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #60
Oni
Ronin

Quote:
found these, might try them in a silly attempt to lower draw and have a bit brighter light back there for the tail light.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...cycle_bulb.htm

Don't order those!

When you take your light apart, you will see there is only 1 bulb...and it is right in-between the two lenses. You need a regular bulb or one of those LED lamps that have LED's facing all directions. The one you posted doesn't give off enough light...ask me how I know

The complete LED rear light replacement is nice though. Plan to get one someday. Nice and bright!

Oh yeah, I also run my 60CSx on battery. 1 set of NiMh lasts all day easily. I use a RAM mount for my dual sport, but just use the cheap Garmin handlebar mount on the scoot. Works fine and was only like $15 or 20.