User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
"After" picture

And here's an "after" picture, with the CL360 shocks installed. They're about a quarter inch longer than the stockers, and I bought them off of Ebay. They were from a low-mileage '73 CL360 that some guy was parting out. I think I paid $20 for the pair, and they work far better on the Elite than the stock Elite shocks did.

HandKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #17
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Shock info

Like Randy Pozzi mentioned in his CH250 Tech Tip link (see previous post above), you have to use a file to reduce the thickness of the eye at the top of the CL360 (or CB350) shocks, to make it fit into the Elite's upper shock mounting brackets. You also have to do some creative rubber bushing swapping and modifying. I wrapped my upper rubber bushings in electrical tape, to make them fit the CL360 eyes. Only took a few minutes per shock. Sorry for the thread-jack. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming
HandKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #18
kawasakifreak77 OP
the Asphalt Cowboy

Oddometer: 124
Hey, no big D about the thread jacking! I appreciate all the info you're letting me absorb!

Anyways, I went down to the Honda store & priced some parts. The enricher was like $70, the belt $90 & the exhaust gaskets $5 a pop.

So I just ordered a couple exhaust gaskets, I figure I'll eventually blow it or end up needing a replacement as I see modding the stock muffler a strong possibility in the near future for my quest of 60 mph.

I just ordered a new belt on Ebay for like $30 shipped & am looking at an enricher online for about the same money.

I just don't want to jump on the enricher until I know it's why she's wanting to die when she's cold. Being new to this scooter business, should the engine always idle high? Like when she's warm, the engine idles just below where the CVT kicks in. When she's cold the engine just barely runs with the traditional single cylinder thump thump thump when I stop.

Am I barking up the wrong tree on the whole wanting to die when the engine is cold thing? I might get over to my buddies garage & use his voltmeter to measure the resistance. I remember reading somwheres the resistance should be like 4 ohms new, anymore than 10 ohms & it's shot.

I can say I'm beginning to like this single cylinder stuff. The idear struck me last night going through the carb that I'll never have to mess with syncing carbs, adjusting 8 or 16 valves, etc... As much as I LOVE my KZ650, sometimes valve shims & carb adjustments tries my patience... & that's putting it very lightly!

I'm gonna order those 20X15 sliders too. In 12 grams I believe, just a hair over stock weight to insure I don't lose any top end & maybe gain just a bit. The acceleration is just fine for what I'm wanting. I figure if I end up doing any minor mods like a pod or opening up the muffler, it'll give me more acceleration so I'm not worried about getting lighter weights to get more acceleration.

It's kinda funny, riding around with my Harley buddy the other day. After the usual gay scooter jokes were lightly poked around, we took off to wreak havoc on the local neighborhood, make jackasses of ourselves (I found out you can bunny hop these things like a bicycle! My wheelies still need work though!) & find something to eat. Sitting at a stoplight, as soon as it turns green I just gun this thing & all I can hear is my buddy back there gassing the hell outta his $4000 shovel trying to catch up...

I'm up there laughing inside myself first time I did this. He rolls up beside me, screaming over his fish tale straights... "That little fucker gets it off the line!"

I'm thinking about tires too. Only God knows how old mine might be & there are minor weather checks on 'em too. I'm a super duper tightass on a lot of things but rubber isn't one of them. Since she sucks on dirt, I'm thinking about like them tires similar to whats on those Zumas ( a badass looking scooter BTW!) Mine are 3.50/10's. I looked at Shinko 426's & they come in 120 & 130/90-10's. Are those comparable? I can't find any cross reference tables for something that small. Like my 650's stock tires way back when was a 3.25-19 & 4.00-18. Since those don't exist (commonly) anymore, people run a 110/90-19 & a 110 or 120/90-18 now days. Are the 120 or 130 series modern replacements for the 3.50 series?

I'm not looking to use this thing as a dirtbike, just make riding down an alley without almost biffing it every time would be nice. The lot at work is dirt too & they just layed down a bunch of new sand. It's no fun on these little street tires. I want some beef under there!

Tomorrow I'll probably ride down to check the mail. About a 70 mile round trip & I'll see what my plug looks like afterwards. Hopefully the bigger jet won't effect mileage too much...

Okay, I'm done now.

1974 XL350 'Buttons' Scooter trash goes flat track racing!
kawasakifreak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
tcjames.yu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Thumb I am the blue Elite's owner

Hello, I am the blue Elite's owner, my scooter as most folks know her name is Elite150 deluxe, but in Taiwan we call her another name- Freeway150, Kymco made "Freeway150" in 1980s, Kymco owned Homda's stock about 15% at that time, so Freeway150 has a mixed-blood: Japan/Taiwan. my wheels is a replacement from Honda lead 125, it's not an original parts,thank your comment.

[quote=kawasakifreak77]Thanks again man!

in the scooter thread, this guy posted a picture of a blue Elite looking scooter but has another name down the side.

HERE is another Elite with a hand-made huge chin & unique aluminium wheels!!

Does that say 'freeway 150'? The reason I ask is those wheels look 100x better than the steelies I got. If I get my scooter where I'm totally satisfied with the performance, I'd like to spruce her up a bit cosmetically & would definitely want to track down a set of these wheels. That's if they're bolt in of course, I'm assuming they are? Any other mag wheels I can swap into my standard Elite?

tcjames.yu screwed with this post 04-11-2010 at 08:47 PM
tcjames.yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
kawasakifreak77 OP
the Asphalt Cowboy

Oddometer: 124
Washed & waxed the Elite today. I hit the seat with some amorall & polished the screen. Once she was looking so good. I had to add my last P! sticker...

The ride down to check the mail went well, I could carry 52~53 into a strong head wind. I'm thinking the bigger main helped out some! It's 'junk week' down in my hometown & I tooled around town seeing if I could find anything neat, usable or otherwise needed by the curb. There wasn't anything even remotely decent laying around, guess it just goes to show how bad the economy is here now... When I was a kid you could pick up all kinds of stuff! Furniture, appliances, lawn care shit, etc. Most of it worked too, people just tossed it 'cause they got something newer to replace it. Guess they aren't spending so much now days...

Anyways, on the way back, with the wind I had the speedo pegged on 65 for miles & could carry 55 at about 2/3 throttle! Of course I can't always ride with the wind so I'm hoping when I go through the CVT, I'll get just a bit more.

On this final drive... I figure I might as well go through it while I'm inside the CVT. What weight fluid do I need & how much? The owners manual ain't got jack on that subject. Would synthetic be kosher?

My last two tanks have been in the 63~64 MPG area. That's mostly riding WFO all the time. I have noticed that riding around town only using 1/3~2/3 throttle she seems to use a lot less gas. I just haven't rode an entire tank around town to compare it.

1974 XL350 'Buttons' Scooter trash goes flat track racing!
kawasakifreak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #21
lhaeh
n00b

Oddometer: 1
tcjames.yu:

Do you have any more info on that custom job in the last post?
lhaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #22
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,305

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #23
tcjames.yu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Thumb welcome to our world only for Elite's fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaeh
tcjames.yu:

Do you have any more info on that custom job in the last post?
Hi:
If you'd like to know more information about our Elite150 , you may try to register our club member "Freeay club" as below linkage, we always discuss in Chinese but I am glad to be an interpreter for you, welcome to our cute family.
remember, you may be as a tourist to browse first and register later, thank you.
http://freewayfansclub.com/discuz/fr...ub.com/discuz/

here are some pics about Elite's front fork and Light, take a look.

tcjames.yu screwed with this post 04-24-2010 at 01:17 AM
tcjames.yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #24
brockster
Despair & Repair Garage

Oddometer: 2,042
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjames.yu

That is one excellent exhaust set up!

"
Man whoever came up with Ronald McDonald was dropping some serious acid.
." - SpoonKiller / tiotalruckus.com

brockster is offline   Reply With Quote