User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 04:47 PM   #46
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
If and when in Atlanta, I got ya covered. I have a spare room. Gonne be stubborn? I got a motorhome in the yard so you can live up-town!!! If you get here later in the season the motorhome can be at the hunting land out near Madison, GA. ANd you are still wlecome to it!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:00 PM   #47
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 38,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
Yeah I know brutha...and thanks. This was not an easy decission for me. I have always wanted to do it, but had kids young...and they are still young (3 girls 14-16) I had a long talk with them and they are cool with it. Hell, now that the oldest is driving I can hardly get her to come over on my weekends :-(... I am sure I will miss them the most. My youngest has a graduation in June next year from middle school...so I will ride back across country for that. This will be the longest that I have ever been away from them. I have a special website set up so that I can show them my travels in a little more PG rated fassion than it get's here... and I sure as hell don't want anyone holding back at this site.
Heck, when people get to the end of life it is not the deals they missed or the money they didn't make that is the source of regrets.
It is the thing they did not do.
Go for it.
Have an extra room and shower in Carson City.
Safe Journey.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:04 PM   #48
Flyingavanti
With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer: 1,545
You are more than welcome to eat and restup here. We are in Corona, 50 miles east of Los Angeles. Let's talk Baja!

It MAY NOT be as interesting as a stay with BARTKIM!

If you get invited to BARTKIM's, let us know what she is really like..........

Over 27,000 miles in South America -- which is NOT enough!

Here is a link to the South American Ride Report...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94531

Trip Index Page.... If you are interested in one spot in South America, you can click on this link http://www.ploung.com/south_america.htm and go directly to your point of interest.
www.Ploung.com
Old 10-21-2004, 05:13 PM   #49
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 38,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARRRGGGHHNUT
dang boy,
you are getting hits left and right... Remind me to kick your ASS next time ( I dunno If I can kick that high up)...
You can always stand on "the stool of shame".

No, I am Spartacus!
Old 10-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #50
Vance OP
Banned

Oddometer: 18,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingavanti
You are more than welcome to eat and restup here. We are in Corona, 50 miles east of Los Angeles. Let's talk Baja!

It MAY NOT be as interesting as a stay with BARTKIM!

If you get invited to BARTKIM's, let us know what she is really like..........
Cool man...I used to live in Corona in one of those houseing tracts that butts up against the 10 Westbound. Near some mall there I think. Loved it. That is riden country!
Old 10-21-2004, 05:41 PM   #51
Vance OP
Banned

Oddometer: 18,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King
You can always stand on "the stool of shame".

No, I am Spartacus!
If Arrrrrgggghhh stood on a stool, he'd have to pull my balls hard to kiss um! (but he's got such a cute accent, I'd give him a boost...)
Old 10-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #52
Sod Buster
prairie rider

Oddometer: 5,793
Sounds like an awesome ride, if ya need a place to crash or help in any way in the state of Kansas PM me, or have someone else if no computer available.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:50 PM   #53
DWalt
**** The Beans....

Oddometer: 3,745
There's a spot in the Team Redneck bunkhouse fo ya when you pass through Mississipp, inner net, shop, tools, beer and food too!.......

Cross the river at Natchez, (way cool town BTW) and come thirty miles south!!!!

Hope to see you, good luck!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:51 PM   #54
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
Safe travels! Have you considered wintering in Mexico? Your $40 might go farther. Just a thought

Whatever you do, it will be better than not jumping off in the first place
Old 10-21-2004, 07:24 PM   #55
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,113
Quote:
Well...I am not in the saddle yet...but it all starts today:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56675
I am selling everything and hitting the road as of the 18th of November beginning with the Lone Rider Baja event and then across the bottom (warm) states during the winter. I will have a strict budget of $40.00 per day to work with, so it should be interesting in that I will have to stop after 1 tank of gas per day. Never know where I will end up...and if I have to make a longer ride to make it to camp...I guess I'll just eat less.
To be continued...
I'm too close to offer a place to stay or anything like that but if you're interested in a send off dinner once Ricky does his stuff to your bike
I'll buy. Heck seems like a little ADVRider bon voyage party might be
appropriate.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:24 PM   #56
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,799
Thumb

Be safe and savor this trip, my friend. These things don't come along but once in most lifetimes, and I envy you your chance. If you're in Northern California, drop me a pm and there'll be a warm bed and good food waiting for you!

Steve McQueen

Old 10-21-2004, 07:26 PM   #57
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,799
Damn, Vance, I just saw the picture and thought I was lookin' at my long lost twin! Hope you're hungry when you get here!!

Steve McQueen

Old 10-21-2004, 11:19 PM   #58
osii
Disgruntled Time Traveler

Oddometer: 2,428
Hey Vance,

Congrats on the trip. I did something similar last year all summer. I rally ratted for a couple of months. I think I hit 8 or 10 of them. One thing you'll come to realize is that you live in the best riding area in the country. I've been everywhere but the upper midwest, and the norcal/northwest area is by far the best place in the country for riding.

Drop me an email at osii@yahoo.com and I'll give you my contact info if you get in a jam and need some outside/calm help. Also I got a buddy in NW GA with a sort of bunkhouse for traveling wilbury's such as yourself.

I'm moving out of my place end of November too, so I might be into some adventures myself. Keep us all posted. Do you have a route or loose plan together yet?

Mike

AARRGGHH!!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:56 PM   #59
grizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
SO TRUE , SO TRUE , SO TRUE..... What an incredible community we have.... ADVRIDER , UKGSER, HORIZONS UNLIMITED.... all driven by one thing.... adventure ( big or small) Always subscribed to the trust others policy myself, and kept an open house for fellow riders, as well as passing info and advice to make a ride or any action easier.
You go Vance...!!!!!!!
Quote:
Yup...and you're sitting in it! hahaha I am just going to keep adding to this. I am going to try and keep it up weekly with a smugmug account.

The thing is, I am only bringing a camera and a road atlas. (no laptop) so...I will have to find ways to upload the pics, which may include having to download software onto library computers (which I don't know if they will let me do) I can always go to Kinkos. I know they allow that, but I don't know if they will be where I am when I want to stop and respond to emails and threads and upload pics.

Mike O did such a great job that I am going to try for something a little different. I will take pics of pretty stuff and back roads...but I want to snap a lot of interesting humans as well. (Kind of like Mike did the cars) We'll see.

Jesus! I can't wait to meet all of you people who have PMd me and told me to call when in the area in this thread. Thanks so much. I don't think I could possibly be more than 200 miles from help at any givin point now!

It's a good feeling to know that, even though you are on an adventure...someone has your back if you break down.

***** 2006 Sachs MADASS 50cc *****

***** 19?? BSA Bantam D7 FREE Bike Resto *****

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"
Old 10-22-2004, 03:48 AM   #60
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,285
Be careful if you visit AAAARGH... as per picture he might have a serious "problem"!!!

Closed Thread