User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
psmcd OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
putt putt evening

Around and through the rain. Bought a new used camera today (Sony DMC RX100). That and the new Ohlins shock begging to be tweaked and tested propelled me into rain gear and out the door.

I arrived at East Canyon freshly rinsed and looked back.

You can't see my house, but it's right behind that hill, on the left, at the back, never mind.

On to East Canyon Reservoir. Doesn't this little canyon make you want to explore? Too bad it's posted.

Down to Morgan the rain lifted for a bit. Don't blame the camera, I wiggle and confuse the auto focus. Eventually I'll learn.

About 40 years ago, before there were too many of us (people in general), you could ride just about anywhere. Like right out there.

Fresh mown hay. Ah, the smell. It's addictive but the cure is bucking green bales.

A buddy and I made an epic ride off this peak down a deer trail on Honda 90s. About fell off when a bobcat lunged at me from under a tree. He was pissed, caught in a trap and had torn all the bark off the tree. Didn't have a gun. It was someone else's business (sheepherder) but it made me feel bad.

So much for memories. It was getting late so I headed for home.

Got the dampening more or less dialed in on the shock. It'll take more to figure out the camera but it works pretty good just pushing the button.
psmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
ckjj888
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Please continue~~~
ckjj888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
Ever Onward
Time Killer

Oddometer: 607
Beautiful country, where is it ? Anywhere's near big or little cottonwood canyon ?

Is that some old Mormon church ruins ?
Ever Onward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
psmcd OP
Studly Adventurer

I rode up Parley's Canyon (I80 Eastbound), North of Big Cottonwood, to the East Canyon exit. At the Little Dell reservoir the road from Emigration Canyon joins and continues up to a saddle where the first pictures were taken. A few miles on, down, twisty, there's a dirt/gravel connector road on the right that goes back to Parley's via Jeremy Ranch - mild washboard suspension test but too muddy last night.

Continuing on the pavement the road passes East Canyon reservoir and forks to the left/North to Morgan or straight on to Henefer. This is a great quick loop and the Morgan to Henefer portion can be done on I84 or the old farm roads. Lost Creek reservoir is a pretty little extension to the North.

Don't know but would guess that's an old Mormon church. Didn't linger anywhere as dark and more rain approached. All these little farm communities were Mormon settlements of the mid to late 1800's.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
GS Dude
Hooter

Oddometer: 292
Great ride, Phil.

Next time shoot me a text or email and I just might join you

Of course, I'd be on a 1200 cc dirt bike

PS: Jayson forwarded the link to me.
GS Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Looks like your camera was a good buy. It takes nice pics.
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
psmcd OP
Studly Adventurer

I'm pleased with it. Mostly I just want to push the button but it helps if it's morning or evening. I might need to try a filter for mid-day as trying to shoot then results in wash-out and that seems to cover a lot of my riding time.

Here's the thread, and Lost Rider, that set me on the Sony.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=camera