User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

Oddometer: 1,267
Aventure Lunching With Aventure Kitty!

Ummm...hello. It's been a long time since I have posted a aventure report. I went to Warped last year and never posted my pictures from that, then I didn't go on any long aventures so I didn't post ride reports and I need to post some of my aventures but they were not long aventures so I decided it's time to post some short aventures.

Lately, I've been going on a lot of lunch aventures. Some of these aventures don't even have a gas stop, but since I live in the land of aventure, they are still very nice aventures. I'm going to make this thread about short aventures and I'm going to keep adding short aventures to it.

Links to the aventures in this thread
Aventure Lunch to Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake, Ca: June 2008
After Donkey Hotey finally fixed my poor white Heffalump's carbonators, I got to take her on a decent aventure!

This was a afternoon aventure. Donkey Hotey used to get off work at noon on Friday so we could go on aventures without all the other people on the road.

We started out taking Barrel Springs Road out of Palmdale. That leads to Valyermo Road and Big Pines Highway on the back of the San Gabriel Mountains.

On the way, there is a place called Devil's Punchbowl. There's nowhere to ride here but you can hike down to the bottom. It's very pretty. That's some of the rocks behind the parking area.

A short way from the parking lot is this viewpoint down into the canyon. We didn't have time to go on a hike cuz we had lots of aventure ahead of us.

Adventure Kitty screwed with this post 07-27-2009 at 12:44 AM
Adventure Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

A few miles up Big Pines Highway is a turnoff to Big Pines Creek. That goes up Fenner Canyon. This is a shortcut to Angeles Crest Highway and it's all aventure road! It's very nice in here. Angeles Crest Highway is still closed so not many people go on aventures here.

At the top of the aventure road, you get to Angeles Crest Highway. This is looking south toward Mount Baden Powell.

This is looking the other way back down the aventure road we just came up. You can see Devil's Punchbowl in the background.

We took the open part of Angeles Crest Highway through Wrightwood and out to Hwy 138, then across to Lake Arrowhead for lunch. There are some very twisty roads but they were no match for my white Heffalump!

This is the walkway at Lake Arrowhead Village. There was almost nobody here.

There were lots of baby ducks to see and talk to!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

These people were out having a aventure in their boat!

Aventure ducky!

Ummm...

Old 05-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

This is a little fishing boat that somebody had parked at the marina. It has a bunch of old airplane parts inside and there's not much room to sit in it. I don't think it would be very nice.

The aventure duckies were looking for those fish!

I knew better so I just went to Subway and ordered a tuna sammich!

After the tuna sammich, we rode to Big Bear Lake and around the north side of the lake. We were running out of daylight so we had to keep riding (not many pictures--sorry).

On the way down Highway 18 from Big Bear, we stopped for a quick picture here. They are so nice here that they warn you that there are venomous snakes on the road for the next 6 miles. You can tell they're venomous from the shape of their heads. You don't see the signs without the triangle heads very often because non-venomous snakes are smart enough to stay off the road!

It was very hot in the desert and we had the sun in our eyes so Donkey Hotey stopped for something to drink and he got me a McFurry!

So that's how I get lunch! I am working on another lunch report from last weekend. I'm still cropping pictures but I will have it in a little while.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
NotBetty
secret weapon

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure Kitty

On the way down Highway 18 from Big Bear, we stopped for a quick picture here. They are so nice here that they warn you that there are venomous snakes on the road for the next 6 miles. You can tell they're venomous from the shape of their heads. You don't see the signs without the triangle heads very often because non-venomous snakes are smart enough to stay off the road!

It was very hot in the desert and we had the sun in our eyes so Donkey Hotey stopped for something to drink and he got me a McFurry!

So that's how I get lunch! I am working on another lunch report from last weekend. I'm still cropping pictures but I will have it in a little while.
NotBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

April 26, 2009: trip to see the KTM aventure fowers!

The weather has not been very nice for pictures, so catching a good weekend to ride and take pictures has been hard. April is poppy season in California. Poppy season is when KTM North America rides all over California and plants KTM Aventure fowers all over the state. That lets people know that it's the beginning of aventure season!

All good aventures include fish! We went to my favorite place for lunch: RUBIOS! They have lots of very nice fish tacos, but every year, at the beginning of aventure season, they have sammon tacos.

They know me here becuz I eat a lot of fish tacos. That's my sammon taco with corn salsa. Donkey Hotey had the sammon burrito. The sammon burrito is the same as the sammon taco but it has a whole wheat tortilla and guacamole. Someday I will be able to eat a whole sammon burrito!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

After the sammon taco, we rode west toward the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve. KTM plants lots of aventure poppies out there. It was a very nice day so we took aventure roads in search of other fields of fowers! This is the aventure road we were riding on.

Those low hills in the background (not the mountains) are the poppy reserve. I think they had the gate closed when KTM came by, because there were aventure fowers everywhere else, except at the reserve.

This is more of the aventure road. It rolls up and down the hills along this fenceline. This is only about 5 miles from home.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

When we got to Munz Ranch Road, we rode south to Fairmont Road (another aventure road). The real estate market is doing very badly in California. Even the princess who lived in this famous castle got evicted. I heard that Buffy the Vampire Slayer died here or sumfin.

You can't get in the gate to see the castle, but it is for sale if anybody knows a princess looking for a place to live. THEY WILL HAVE TO GET THEIR OWN DRAGON, THOUGH!

I knew I saw and heard somthing. When I looked through the gate, I could see a baby dragon flying my way. She came to the gate and said hello. She was very hungry. I gave her my only tuna sammich and took her wiff me. Poor baby dragon.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

At the end of Fairmont Road, we came back to pavement. Aventure fowers marked the way!

KTM did a very nice job of planting this part of the desert.

AVENTURE!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

Lancaster Road connects to Hwy 138 which we took for a few miles to get to the Old Ridge Route at Quail Lake. That's Quail Lake in the background. The Old Ridge Route was the way from Los Angeles to northern California all the way until they built Interstate 5. It's still the main highway if you don't want to use the freeway. We only rode a few miles of it today but we're going back in a few weeks to do the rest.

This is looking north east from the same spot.

They don't take very good care of the highways in California. This is the Old Ridge Route only a few miles later. It turns into aventure road a bunch of times in only a few miles.

Desert Lupine!

Pretty daisies are everywhere up here!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

A few miles south on the Old Ridge Route and you come to a aventure road. This is Libre Mountain Road. It climbs the side of the mountain and has lots of nice views. That's the Old Ridge Route at the bottom of the picture and Los Angeles is in the smog on the left.

Ever wonder where your Green Sticker and Forest Aventure Pass money goes? In California, they use it to make campgrounds for bears. DUH! I didn't see any bears there. It's probably because there was no stream nearby and if there's no stream, there are no fish. Who thinks up this stuff?

There are some nice views of the Mojave Desert up here. Somebody who is not very nice, lit a fire up here in 2004 and burned a lot of the nice trees.

That's the Tehachapi Mountains in the background.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
Adventure Kitty OP
Tuna Gatita Blanca

There are lots of trees up here and it can be shady and cool, even on a hot day.

On the way down from Sawmill Ridge. Look at the smile on my baby dragon! She's so happy!

That's Lake Hughes (on the left) and Lake Elizabeth. Lake Elizabeth means that we're almost home.

This is where the aventure road ends (at Lake Hughes Road).

It was a short aventure, but it was a nice way to spend a afternoon.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,098
Nice

Hello Adventure Kitty

Welcome back. We missed you

Nice wheels too

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #14
Stuntman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
Very nice Kitty!!! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more installments.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
Starstriker
www.transasia.se

Oddometer: 505
Whats this kitty thing? Pics would be alot nicer without.......