ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #5101
hontri
Global Bummer!
 
hontri's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Summerland B.C.
Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
The Brown Truck delivered my fork guards (So, Geek can now find something else to pick on me about )

Had to do a bit of Dremel mods to the ABS sensor-side of the guards to get them to fit. I also drilled 4 holes to zip-tie the sensor line to the guard.





I also opted to 86 the Acerbis universal SM fender for the KTM 690 fender. Just looked like it would offer more coverage and like it was meant to be on this bike. I did have to chop off about 4" of the rear so it wouldn't rub on the radiator guard.



Looks great! I gotta do this. I see you have a 990,so what guards did you use? Part #? Thanks
hontri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #5102
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated
 
Narsisco Lopez's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Golden (Showers), Colorado
Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by hontri View Post
Looks great! I gotta do this. I see you have a 990,so what guards did you use? Part #? Thanks

The guards: KTM Fork Protector Set (Black) 85 SX (KTM part#:4700109400030)
The fender: KTM Front Fender (Black) 690 Enduro (KTM part#:7650801000030)

Hope that helps
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #5103
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's
 
StevefrmGV's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Nor Cal.
Oddometer: 412
What did I do to the Beast today

I installed Cj,s footpeg extensions and a set of bar end mirriors I got off of ebay. Next project is the KTM clutch kit also procured from CJ.
Steve
__________________
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
Edward Abbey
StevefrmGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #5104
SierraJeep
It's toast
 
SierraJeep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Nevada City, CA
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefrmGV View Post
I installed Cj,s footpeg extensions and a set of bar end mirriors I got off of ebay. Next project is the KTM clutch kit also procured from CJ.
Steve
I'll be interested in seeing how those footpeg extensions look up close. Time for a ride?
__________________
Tod

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #5105
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!
 
bikyto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Cali
Oddometer: 2,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Had to do a bit of Dremel mods to the ABS sensor-side of the guards to get them to fit. I also drilled 4 holes to zip-tie the sensor line to the guard.

Looks really clean!
If I may, the routing of your abs sensor line is not in a good spot. It should be routed on the inside of the fork leg. Even though your install is clean, if you fall (like I do!!), it will damage your sensor line. It's too exposed to side impacts/contact. Fwiw.
__________________
The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself...
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #5106
Mr Pete
Dude
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Split between Philip Island and Prahran, Victoria
Oddometer: 51
Yesterday I installed the Hella FF50's.. Today I redid some of the wiring because I wasn't happy with the quality of the parts that come in the kit. Yesterday I had the battery disconnected while messing with wires..


Today I forgot and accidently did some nice spot welding on my frame while simultaneously shitting my pants!

__________________
'99 Yamaha FZX250' - The Learner bike (sold)
'02 Honda VFR800' - The REAL bike (sold)
'08 Triumph Street Triple' - The FUN bike (sold)
'08 KTM 990 ADV' - F* that, let's get a REAL FUN bike
Mr Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #5107
BykBoy
Meshuganeh
 
BykBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Reston, VA
Oddometer: 558
Since I converted to the 2 into 1 Remus ROXX, I decided to turn the LHS exhaust can into a nifty little tool box.

Here it is open:



Here it is closing:



Here it is closed:



The cap holds in place with a push pin.



I used a metal dryer duct to form a slave that I glued inside the cap. The sleeve fits snug in the can and the push pin prevent's it from sliding back out.



The can is connected to the bike in two points: the strap around the can (visible in the first photo) and the middle pipe mount just behind the can (where the pipe connects to the can with 3 bolts).

Many thanks for tunp for sharing his experiences
__________________
Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE
BykBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #5108
Lycan1
Grizzly herder
 
Lycan1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 940
Home made Decal

I refer to my 990 as the "Orange Dragon", so today I hand cut some decals and branded it.



__________________
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #5109
Lycan1
Grizzly herder
 
Lycan1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykBoy View Post
Since I converted to the 2 into 1 Remus ROXX, I decided to turn the LHS exhaust can into a nifty little tool box.

Here it is open:



Here it is closing:



Here it is closed:



The cap holds in place with a push pin.



I used a metal dryer duct to form a slave that I glued inside the cap. The sleeve fits snug in the can and the push pin prevent's it from sliding back out.



The can is connected to the bike in two points: the strap around the can (visible in the first photo) and the middle pipe mount just behind the can (where the pipe connects to the can with 3 bolts).

Many thanks for tunp for sharing his experiences
Very slick, I like it!
__________________
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #5110
Beema Killa
Beema Killa
 
Beema Killa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary Canada
Oddometer: 815
And high fender kit in too.

Parts keep a rollin' in! 690 fender installed and fork guards. Had to Dremel the left side to fit due to speedo.
Photobucket
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #5111
Lycan1
Grizzly herder
 
Lycan1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
Parts keep a rollin' in! 690 fender installed and fork guards. Had to Dremel the left side to fit due to speedo.
Photobucket
Lookin' Good. Was that you picking up parts at Blackfoot this Morning? Chilly day for a ride.
__________________
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #5112
Beema Killa
Beema Killa
 
Beema Killa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary Canada
Oddometer: 815
From this:
Before pic

To this in 2.5 weeks. Still waiting on headlight guard, CJ, folding mirrors, Wings exhaust and my FRIGGIN graphics!!
Photobucket


Gotta sort out heated grips too. Suggestions fellas?
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #5113
Beema Killa
Beema Killa
 
Beema Killa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary Canada
Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
looks really clean!
If i may, the routing of your abs sensor line is not in a good spot. It should be routed on the inside of the fork leg. Even though your install is clean, if you fall (like i do!!), it will damage your sensor line. It's too exposed to side impacts/contact. Fwiw.
+1
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #5114
Beema Killa
Beema Killa
 
Beema Killa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary Canada
Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
Lookin' Good. Was that you picking up parts at Blackfoot this Morning? Chilly day for a ride.
Yup that was me. I did 95 kms yesterday too starting at 7 AM from Fish Creek Park End of Bow Bottom to Crossiron Mills.Yesterday was waaaaay colder.Had a safety coarse. Had to stop on airport turnoff to put my hands behind the exhaust to thaw my hands/blocks of ice..
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #5115
Lycan1
Grizzly herder
 
Lycan1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
Yup that was me. I did 95 kms yesterday too starting at 7 AM from Fish Creek Park End of Bow Bottom to Crossiron Mills.Yesterday was waaaaay colder.Had a safety coarse. Had to stop on airport turnoff to put my hands behind the exhaust to thaw my hands/blocks of ice..
Heated grips make all the difference. Mine had them when I bought it, first bike that I have had with them, now I can't imagine not. I will be out tomorrow after lunch, probably won't go too far, but next week every day!
__________________
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015