ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #6391
SE Steve
Super Noob
 
SE Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepetrueba View Post
WHere did you get the carbon fibre?
Looks awsome. Are they available in the US?
Bike looks awsome
Thanks I got the front number plate,swing arm covers and tank guards from raid designs.
The swing arm covers and tank Gaurds are really nice. The front number plate has a couple small blemishes in it.
http://www.raiddesigns.com/en/
SE Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #6392
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,622
I did a bunch of stuff but, where is this oil coming from ???
I see no leaks but every time I get into the battery area the regulator connection is covered




Talk to me O'wise ones.......
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #6393
Spacelord
Mutha Mutha
 
Spacelord's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Dawsonville Ga.
Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Finished the installation of the Remus Roxx Exhaust HERE and the CJ Designs Storage box HERE -

Anyone know where to find a top box like this ?
Spacelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #6394
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling
 
1Bonehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Marylanstain
Oddometer: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
Anyone know where to find a top box like this ?
Factory KTM top box
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #6395
ShadySmurf
Does Own Stunts
 
ShadySmurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Labama
Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
Anyone know where to find a top box like this ?
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-950-990-...dventure-trunk
ShadySmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #6396
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?
 
Hondo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Oddometer: 8,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
Anyone know where to find a top box like this ?
yep, factory Gobi Tail box available in Grey or black.
__________________
KLRWorld.com Forums - Nighthawk Forums

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #6397
Spacelord
Mutha Mutha
 
Spacelord's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Dawsonville Ga.
Oddometer: 809
Thanks
__________________
"I swear to god that I will beat you senseless with a sanka can before I die" Mr.Grumpy
Spacelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #6398
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid
 
Katoom119's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
I did a bunch of stuff but, where is this oil coming from ???
I see no leaks but every time I get into the battery area the regulator connection is covered




Talk to me O'wise ones.......
Don't know about the "Wise One" and if it applies to me but let's find out....

Doesn't look like it's coming from the engine, otherwise the entire black part of the battery box would be covered. Nothing below it that could have oil, plus that whole gravity thing.

Is there oil on top of the metal cover for the battery box? What I'm thinking is that the oil is dripping from the oil tank above, falling onto the metal cover, then air is forcing the oil under the metal cover through the gap and that's where the oil is coming from.
__________________
Those who dance are considered crazy by those who do not hear the music.
I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Radmacher

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #6399
GrenDesb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Québec
Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
Don't know about the "Wise One" and if it applies to me but let's find out....

Doesn't look like it's coming from the engine, otherwise the entire black part of the battery box would be covered. Nothing below it that could have oil, plus that whole gravity thing.

Is there oil on top of the metal cover for the battery box? What I'm thinking is that the oil is dripping from the oil tank above, falling onto the metal cover, then air is forcing the oil under the metal cover through the gap and that's where the oil is coming from.
Can the oil be coming from though the harness itself? Following the wires inside the tube that covers them?
GrenDesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #6400
Pariahtize
Miscategorized
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Northern (FR), CO
Oddometer: 1,086
Put in some .64 springs (had the stockers in there - 48's?) on the 950A. Wow, what a needed difference in the handling and operation (tarmac and dirt). Someday, I'll likely get the "S" extension package. . . but for now this is a vast improvement.
__________________
"Be of good cheer. All may yet be well. There's many a fork, I think, on the road from here to destruction."
E.A.
Pariahtize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #6401
offworlder
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahtize View Post
Put in some .64 springs (had the stockers in there - 48's?) on the 950A. Wow, what a needed difference in the handling and operation (tarmac and dirt). Someday, I'll likely get the "S" extension package. . . but for now this is a vast improvement.
Absolutely. Did the same. The 990 stock is woefully undersprung in the front and oversprung in the rear.
The stock .48 springs are similar to whats in a (considerably lighter) dirt bike - why these are in such a behemoth is beyond me.... Fellow 990 rider (heavier) went with .70s.

My 990 suspension's still aint nuthin like my SE's - regardless, IMHO - this is a must do mod.
offworlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #6402
Gordonktm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gordonktm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: QLD Australia
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendesb View Post
can the oil be coming from though the harness itself? Following the wires inside the tube that covers them?
+1
Gordonktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #6403
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid
 
Katoom119's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenDesb View Post
Can the oil be coming from though the harness itself? Following the wires inside the tube that covers them?
Could, but for it to do that it's got to make the turn at the bottom of the harness. That should be covered by the skid plate so I don't know if air could get back there then force it up the front of the battery box.

__________________
Those who dance are considered crazy by those who do not hear the music.
I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Radmacher

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #6404
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,702
Wicked Gave it some WINGS

__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #6405
propilot10
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Elk Grove, Ca.
Oddometer: 120
Rode it to a car show. Out classed? I don't think so.
propilot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014