ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #196
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,944
just a reminder...

When you grab the tag, please post the address(if possible) road name, town(bump in the road) nearby and the county it's in. I'm collecting the data for Homeland security...er a tag map, that's it, a tag map.

That being said...I don't think the road I placed the tag on today has a name. I'll just have to "wing it".

I'll call it Mtn. overlook rd. since that is where it ends now...or some such nonsense.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST




bwalsh screwed with this post 07-06-2010 at 05:27 PM
bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #197
Bombazo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Beyond the Beltway
Oddometer: 163
Grab
Mosquitos are epic here. Got to run.
Pics up later.
Bombazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #198
twohawks
Not Afraid
 
twohawks's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Shenandoah Valley Virginia
Oddometer: 2,429
Bluhduh I'm so confused...and weary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombazo
Grab
Mosquitos are epic here. Got to run.
Pics up later.
Ummmm....see immediate previous post. Does this mean you got the tag or not?






__________________
TWOHAWKS

Utah and Colorado 2010 Ride Report
CAT HERDER'S
BWDR
SMIBS

2008 KLR650
1984 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate
Human Power'd two wheel machine - 2001 StumpJumper Pro Hardtail
CMA ><>
GWRRA
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #199
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by twohawks
Ummmm....see immediate previous post. Does this mean you got the tag?






What I meant by the previous post was some of the grab(picture) posts didn't have the location at all, just the grab pic with Dewey. I'm assuming he has some sort of internet phone and posted from the tag site but wants to get to a more user friendly location(without mosquitoes) to post the pics or is heading to the new tag location and just posted as a notice to others.?!
This is OK I guess but it prevents brucings.


I thought this tag might last a little longer than a few hours. It took me that long to set it!


__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST




bwalsh screwed with this post 07-06-2010 at 05:01 PM
bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #200
Bombazo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Beyond the Beltway
Oddometer: 163
Earlier post was from my iPhone which, as far as I know, doesn't let me upload pics directly.
I posted to save somebody the trouble of getting bruced though it seems you enjoy the occasional brucing...

In any event that was a nice tag!
Located in Cacapon State Park (most of which is in WV)
I've driven by the park several times but never entered, now I wish I had; real nice spot! Pretty good ride up to the tag spot and overlook though whoever authorized the signs clearly doesn't get off the asphalt much. The road was wide and except for some slight wash boarding real smooth. I maintained a steady 30mph most of the way.

Tag spot located at N39 27.733 W78 20.825
I didn't see a road name but it's located in Frederick County.
The nearest VA town is probably Cross Junction.








I could post a new tag tonight but it wouldn't be far from old tag so wait 'till tomorrow morning for a more distant tag to go up.
Bombazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #201
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombazo
I posted to save somebody the trouble of getting bruced though it seems you enjoy the occasional brucing...
Well hell yeah! That's part of the fun of it. Will I get the tag or not?
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #202
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombazo
In any event that was a nice tag!
Located in Cacapon State Park (most of which is in WV)
I've driven by the park several times but never entered, now I wish I had; real nice spot! Pretty good ride up to the tag spot and overlook though whoever authorized the signs clearly doesn't get off the asphalt much. The road was wide and except for some slight wash boarding real smooth. I maintained a steady 30mph most of the way.
I had only been in by the lake once a long time ago. I was just map surfing and found the road and figured I had to go check it out. I wanted to use it before someone else did.
I'm glad I did and I'm glad you liked it! I enjoyed the ride up even with the heat and bee sting!
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #203
twohawks
Not Afraid
 
twohawks's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Shenandoah Valley Virginia
Oddometer: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombazo
Earlier post was from my iPhone which, as far as I know, doesn't let me upload pics directly.
I posted to save somebody the trouble of getting bruced though it seems you enjoy the occasional brucing... .


Well...not really into Brucing...though I am willing to ride for the ride sake and post Bruced photos just because...but regarding a post that says " I have it...pics later" with no location mentioned at all... I do know that someone can say they have the tag to keep the dog's off the hunt and not really have it. Not that you would of course.

No matter. Really. Really.
__________________
TWOHAWKS

Utah and Colorado 2010 Ride Report
CAT HERDER'S
BWDR
SMIBS

2008 KLR650
1984 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate
Human Power'd two wheel machine - 2001 StumpJumper Pro Hardtail
CMA ><>
GWRRA
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #204
Bombazo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Beyond the Beltway
Oddometer: 163
This is the route I took home.
Lot's of twistys, lot's of dirt.
I might make this a regular ride route....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.153637&z=13
Bombazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #205
LoCoMatt
Busy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Good 'ole Loudoun County, VA
Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombazo
This is the route I took home.
Lot's of twistys, lot's of dirt.
I might make this a regular ride route....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.153637&z=13
hmmm ... that looks like fun. If I combine that with my Martinsburg route it gives me half a loop. Time to get to work on the other half.

Thanks!
LoCoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #206
Bombazo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Beyond the Beltway
Oddometer: 163
The dirt sections are
1.Turkeyfoot Rd
2. Meadows Rd
3. Hwy Number 826
4. The VA side of Morgan Rd/ State Route 697 (small water crossing at state line if recent rain)
5. Most of the road in Cacapon Park

Almost all of this route is rural road, no painted divider and little signage for curves. Stay alert for oncoming road hogs on blind curves....

Post the Martinsburg route...
Bombazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #207
LoCoMatt
Busy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Good 'ole Loudoun County, VA
Oddometer: 491
Will do, just have to find it first. Thought it was with my Canaan Valley map, but it's not there.
LoCoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #208
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by twohawks


Well...not really into Brucing...though I am willing to ride for the ride sake and post Bruced photos just because...but regarding a post that says " I have it...pics later" with no location mentioned at all... I do know that someone can say they have the tag to keep the dog's off the hunt and not really have it. Not that you would of course.

No matter. Really. Really.
Never thought about it that way but I do see your point. Maybe we shouldn't post anything until we post the pictures too. I'd rather see that then one post with the text and another with the pics, not that I care about too many posts. How about that?
I know Bombazo was just trying to prevent someone from going up there and getting bruced.
If someone else goes for the grab after I have been there...oh well, and vise-versa. I have been Bruced more than once. It's not so bad being Bruced. It's part of the game. It is about checking out new places to ride weather you get the tag or not, although getting the tag is good too! Opinions anyone?

BTW, nice route Bombazo.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #209
Bombazo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Beyond the Beltway
Oddometer: 163
Sorry for the crappy pics. I did figure out how to post from my iPhone so that is what I'm doing.
If it hasn't been found by tonight I'll put better pics up when I get home.

Behind the sign is an apple tree. The duck is perched in it.



Bombazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #210
RebRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RebRider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: The illegal border...on the East Coast.
Oddometer: 459
pics fine...but crapola.... I have no time to this afternoon/evening....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombazo
Sorry for the crappy pics. I did figure out how to post from my iPhone so that is what I'm doing.
If it hasn't been found by tonight I'll put better pics up when I get home.

Behind the sign is an apple tree. The duck is perched in it.



__________________
Eastern Panhandle WV TOR
EPWVTOR Tag Map
For those who are bored... EPWVTOR tag Stats
2001 Triumph Tiger
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014