ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #46
master62
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Bald Eagle Bastards

I am an old fart that got back into offroad riding. I live in Camp Hill. Grew up in Centralia. I would like to hook up with folks in Central PA to ride at Shade, 7 Mountains or RAC land.
master62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #47
archer94
Organized kaos

Oddometer: 33
I might be in if drs release me to bend this knee. Any news on the t-shirts or stickers for BEB?

2007 DRZ400
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
archer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #48
archer94
Organized kaos

Oddometer: 33
master62, You found the right thread. We are always glad to have another BEB.

2007 DRZ400
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
archer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #49
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by master62
I am an old fart that got back into offroad riding. I live in Camp Hill. Grew up in Centralia. I would like to hook up with folks in Central PA to ride at Shade, 7 Mountains or RAC land.
Welcome to the real deal.... Check the Northeast regional forum, stuff is going on all the time. The Southeast sub forum is busy as hell too. Also, I have met some great folks over at damnriders.org. Between ADV and DAMN, there are so many events that you could be busy every weekend, if you wanted.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #50
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by master62
Welcome. You have found the right place.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #51
racer43
a.k.a. Shooter

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
......Is anyone else going to be doing the PATRA ride? I took the day off (June 27) and will be there.
I'm in as usual!
racer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #52
Intrigue_262000
Did you see that wheelie?

Oddometer: 1,061
Looks like I won't make it to the PATRA ride after all. Next time I guess.

1997 DR350SE
2010 Husaberg FE450 (plated)
Intrigue_262000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #53
nt650gt
Me

Oddometer: 302
Quick question for those of you who have done the PATRA ride.....How much of the trails are not on the "official" trail system? I've ridden the Ramble on my own, but not during the PATRA ride, so I don't know how many new sections are included.

Thanks.
nt650gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #54
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt650gt
Quick question for those of you who have done the PATRA ride.....How much of the trails are not on the "official" trail system? I've ridden the Ramble on my own, but not during the PATRA ride, so I don't know how many new sections are included.

Thanks.
As far as I know, everything on the Ramble Ride is on the official trail system. You can ride all the same trails at any time.

However, it is still a nice ride, with a good lunch and T-shirt included. The routing sheet lays out a very nicely planned loop. It also helps to support a group that supports trail riding in PA. That last part makes it worthwhile by itself IMO
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Old 05-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #55
Roostboy101
Narry Uvencherer

Oddometer: 130
So just wondering, were any of you "Bald Eagle Bastards" routing the course this past sunday, parked at jacks mountain? You would have seen two kdx's and a ktm in one blue pickup? If so just have some questions... Thanks and really enjoyed the trails!
Roostboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #56
Boom Boom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
As far as I know, everything on the Ramble Ride is on the official trail system. You can ride all the same trails at any time.

However, it is still a nice ride, with a good lunch and T-shirt included. The routing sheet lays out a very nicely planned loop. It also helps to support a group that supports trail riding in PA. That last part makes it worthwhile by itself IMO
Even if you have ridden the dual sport loop, go ride it again and support the club that does a lot of work to keep 7 mountains and Shade open for us to enjoy.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #57
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostboy101
So just wondering, were any of you "Bald Eagle Bastards" routing the course this past sunday, parked at jacks mountain? You would have seen two kdx's and a ktm in one blue pickup? If so just have some questions... Thanks and really enjoyed the trails!
Not that I know of...but the answer to your question might still be here. Ask away!
KCCO
Old 05-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #58
Roostboy101
Narry Uvencherer

Just wondering - on the patra website it says that current reg/insp will be checked at the event. The reg is no prob for any of us, we are all legally plated. But inspection? JW if it is really something that's going to be checked or if it's like every other event I've done to this point. I did a ds ride in jersey that said you needed a working taillight brakelight dadadada and I get down there and don't even get a sound check! The guys that I saw just said that we should do their event - but I don't wanna get up there and be rejected cuz I don't have a sticker! Thanks for any info!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #59
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

My bike was checked for inspection decal last year. If your bike is.street legal, shouldn't it have the inspection already? PA is pretty slack on motorcycle inspection, so you shouldn't have much difficulty getting it done. Hell, I ride a KTM RSF. If I can get a full race bike through inspection...
KCCO

Skyclad screwed with this post 05-29-2010 at 05:24 PM
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #60
Roostboy101
Narry Uvencherer

Ok well that answers the question. I have my 300 plated and insured, working headlight and taillight. That's it - I see no reason to have flashers mirrors and a horn on a 300 smoker but that's just me. I just thought I'd ask and make sure!

Roostboy101 screwed with this post 05-30-2010 at 11:58 AM