Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
PumpinIron OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
How in the hell am I supposed to buy a new KTM!?

This is pissing me off beyond belief... I have over 10k sitting in my pocket. I have called EVERY single KTM dealer in the entire state of Oregon and not one of them has a 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R. On top of that none of them seems willing to even help me get one.

It's like what, you don't want my money or something? I just don't get it... I understand they don't have them in stock and can't get anymore but you'd think they could at least help me find one.

Any advice on how I might be able to get one?

Digital Sky Design (My Web Design Company)
My Facebook Page
PumpinIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Cycletrader? Plenty on there last time I looked.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
PumpinIron OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post
Cycletrader? Plenty on there last time I looked.
I'm going to check that out. Hopefully one of these dealers can at least assist me with shipping.

I'm honestly shocked at how rude and helpless my local KTM dealers are, it's almost like a slap in the face.

My Facebook Page
Old 07-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Several down in CA. You can do that trip in a day.

I drove 818 miles one way for my Griso. It was worth it.

I hate you by the way, I love the 690, just don't need to drop 10k right now.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpinIron View Post
This is pissing me off beyond belief... I have over 10k sitting in my pocket. I have called EVERY single KTM dealer in the entire state of Oregon and not one of them has a 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R. On top of that none of them seems willing to even help me get one.

It's like what, you don't want my money or something? I just don't get it... I understand they don't have them in stock and can't get anymore but you'd think they could at least help me find one.

Any advice on how I might be able to get one?
www.searchtempest.com

www.bikefinds.com
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
Trigxrr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Have you tried KTM Country in Eugene Or , When I was looking for a RC8 in 2010 they were the only ones on the west coast that had one , I drove from Arizona all the way to Oregon to buy .
Trigxrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #7
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,276
They are hard to find. We received less than half what we ordered. That's normal for KTM, they're even pretty popular in the east although I'd imagine they're the perfect bike for most people out west.
Dealers call looking for them all the time but it's rare that anyone will give one up because they know it'll sell. It's pretty much a waste of time for them to try to find one. Add to that the margins are small and they'd have to pay to ship it, well you get the idea.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
ccaarmerciill
Talk Story

Oddometer: 59
At least they are sold where you live... no KTM dealerships in Hawaii even bring in KTM Street models. I was lucky enough to nab one from Pro Italia in California. Before that I had called a handful of dealerships all telling me either "Don't have any but we can call around for you" "Our first batch are spoken for, but we MAY have some coming in June" it ended up with Months passing, and me not getting any real definitive information. I didn't want to get stuck waiting for the 2015's, so I got more aggressive and called around to some other dealerships. The day I started doing this I saw on here that one was sitting in a showroom floor unspoken for at Pro Italia. Unfortunately you'll have to do the leg work yourself to get real results. If a dealer doesn't have one, they won't put in the time to get you a bike from another dealer. It doesn't benefit them...
Old 07-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,828
Road trip. Fly and ride ya poosie!

http://www.ktmworld.com/new-ktm-bike...-enduro-r.html

fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #10
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,013
Keep calling, you might get lucky.

I did, in early May I called 7 dealers in Colorado and found one that had a 690 on order that wasn't spoken for. My local dealer, who I've bought a brand new '07 990, '10 570, and '12 300 from, told me he could put me on the waiting list but there was a small chance of finding one and an even smaller chance the other dealer would give it up.

I didn't have to pay over MSRP but if you find one this late in the game don't be surprised if they want a premium

ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,782
The 15's will probably be out early,like KTM always does,might have to wait for that.

I wanted a 14 300XCW and snapped one up quick like,no left overs for them in CA.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #12
Hulley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
I live kinda near KTM World, killer dealership and good people. They are located on the grounds of an offroad riding park and you could ride your new bike there if you wanted. I think it's call highland park resort. I participated in a KTM ride event there last year.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #13
PumpinIron OP
Adventurer

Well guys I called probably 20 dealerships all along the west coast and every single one was sold out until 2015. I found a dealer in SoCal that had one on the way and I put a deposit down to hold it for me so it's as good as mine!

I am going to have to pay $600 to have it shipped from SoCal to Oregon but that's worth it to me to get my dream bike!

Man, I had NO idea these bikes were so hard to get. I never even see used ones for sale! Seems like these things would hold their value pretty well, no?

My Facebook Page
Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
KTMs do hold their value. They are the Harley Davidson of dirt bikes in that regard. Unlike HD, KTMs are high performance machines
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
PumpinIron OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
KTMs do hold their value. They are the Harley Davidson of dirt bikes in that regard. Unlike HD, KTMs are well made high performance machines
That's a huge plus! I even looked for used ones and it seems like there aren't hardly any. I guess this is one of those bikes people just don't ever like to sell =]

My Facebook Page