ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #151
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: NEOK
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobo View Post


Here it is. The place is old and quaint but the food is outstanding. As I mentioned earlier, they are only open Fri, Sat & Sun right now.



Make sure you post up a ride to eat over there! Looks good.
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #152
fotobo
KTM rider
 
fotobo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Coweta, Ok
Oddometer: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2007 View Post
Make sure you post up a ride to eat over there! Looks good.
It would be fun to take a ride down there. It is exactly 200 miles from my house by highway. You could do it in a day if you stuck to pavement. I think it would be more fun to take all the back roads and make an overnighter out of it. There is a really cool little cabin with a couple of bedrooms right behind the cafe that they rent out. It would sleep several guys. It is kinda hard to plan this time of year with the weather, but we could reserve it.
__________________
"I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride on my motorsickle" (Arlo Guthrie)
fotobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #153
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: NEOK
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobo View Post
It would be fun to take a ride down there. It is exactly 200 miles from my house by highway. You could do it in a day if you stuck to pavement. I think it would be more fun to take all the back roads and make an overnighter out of it. There is a really cool little cabin with a couple of bedrooms right behind the cafe that they rent out. It would sleep several guys. It is kinda hard to plan this time of year with the weather, but we could reserve it.

Sounds like a good ride for springtime. I would be in for that.
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #154
fotobo
KTM rider
 
fotobo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Coweta, Ok
Oddometer: 1,584
We'll do it.
__________________
"I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride on my motorsickle" (Arlo Guthrie)
fotobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #155
jamboa
jamboa
 
jamboa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 845
Now i am retired but the thought of having a restaurent that was only open 1/2 day on fri. all day sat and 1/2 day Sun is interesting . With my Louisiana connections and with one of my best friend riding buddy owning the famous since 1870 "Morning Call" best beignets and Cafe Au lait coffee w/chicory in New Orleans(way better beignets than the even more famous Cafe Dumonde). I have been telling him Beignet Bouray. A great name for a beignet filled with anything from Crawfish ettofee, shrimp creole to sweet stuff like baked apples, peachs etc. Biggest thing holds me back from converting my log cabin on Highway 7 is I only have well water and it will run dry when i have a bunch of relatives taking a shower all in a row. Also do not know if Arkansas board of health even allows business to operate with well water? I also might have a safety problem getting folks on and off highway 7 since i am close to a 30 mph curve. I would just build another log cabin further back on the hill. Oh shit my wife has come into the room and read over my shoulder. She is asking who is going to do all the cooking? Why baby I thought you miss all that money i use to make in the fishing tackle business? i guess not!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobo View Post
My sisters and niece just opened a little restaurant in Gilbert. They smoke their own meat, bake their own pies and have some of the best catfish you have ever eaten. We had thanksgiving dinner there yesterday and it was so good it made you want to slap your grandma. Not sure what that means but a buddy of mine used to say that everytime he ate something really good. Seriously though, I may be a little prejudice but I do know what good food is and it just doesn't get any better than theirs. I would give it a ten on a ten point scale. You will see what I mean if you try it.

They are only open 1/2 day on Fri, all day Sat and 1/2 day on Sun right now. They cater mostly to the canoers on the Buffalo and as you can imagine, there is not a lot of those right now.
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #156
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
Now i am retired but the thought of having a restaurent that was only open 1/2 day on fri. all day sat and 1/2 day Sun is interesting . With my Louisiana connections and with one of my best friend riding buddy owning the famous since 1870 "Morning Call" best beignets and Cafe Au lait coffee w/chicory in New Orleans(way better beignets than the even more famous Cafe Dumonde). I have been telling him Beignet Bouray. A great name for a beignet filled with anything from Crawfish ettofee, shrimp creole to sweet stuff like baked apples, peachs etc. Biggest thing holds me back from converting my log cabin on Highway 7 is I only have well water and it will run dry when i have a bunch of relatives taking a shower all in a row. Also do not know if Arkansas board of health even allows business to operate with well water? I also might have a safety problem getting folks on and off highway 7 since i am close to a 30 mph curve. I would just build another log cabin further back on the hill. Oh shit my wife has come into the room and read over my shoulder. She is asking who is going to do all the cooking? Why baby I thought you miss all that money i use to make in the fishing tackle business? i guess not!
Go for it! Licking my lips already.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #157
jamboa
jamboa
 
jamboa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Go for it! Licking my lips already.
After discussing this with my wife it seems i would have to this on my own and may no longer have a wife at all!
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #158
jamboa
jamboa
 
jamboa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 845
El Alcapolca Mexican rest. Hot Springs Village

I have eaten three times at this relatively new mexican rest. located on hwy.7 Hot Springs Village. The food is good if you like Mexican. The prices are cheap and best of all are the $1.99 margaritas. I am not advocating more than one if you are riding anytime soon after you drink it. Actually I was not on the bike, the wife was driving the truck so I got giddy.
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #159
Ware
Adventurer
 
Ware's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Oddometer: 94
Ima Jerk BBQ - Cedarville

I'd like to throw Ima Jerk BBQ in the mix here. It's located on Highway 59 North in Cedarville, just south of the post office. It's our restaurant of choice anytime we're riding north of I-40 and west of I-540.

Rather than attempt an in-depth review of my own, I'll direct you to one that has already been written: http://www.thecitywire.com/index.php?q=node/9073

The food is great and the owner and staff are friendly. He likes bikes - even let us give his Montesa trials bike a try after we finished our meal one afternoon.

I should also mention it's one of the few places in Crawford County where you can enjoy a beer with your meal. (http://www.thecitywire.com/?q=node/6977)

Ima Jerk BBQ
8828 Arkansas 59 N
Cedarville, AR 72956
(479) 262-2144







Ware screwed with this post 05-11-2011 at 02:14 PM
Ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #160
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 6,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware View Post
I'd like to throw Ima Jerk BBQ in the mix here. It's located on Highway 59 North in Cedarville, just south of the post office. It's our restaurant of choice anytime we're riding north of I-40 and west of I-540.

Rather than attempt an in-depth review of my own, I'll direct you to one that has already been written: http://www.thecitywire.com/index.php?q=node/9073

The food is great and the owner and staff are friendly. He likes bikes - even let us give his Montesa trials bike a try after we finished our meal one afternoon.

I should also mention it's one of the few places in Crawford County where you can enjoy a beer with your meal. (http://www.thecitywire.com/?q=node/6977)

Ima Jerk BBQ
8828 Arkansas 59 N
Cedarville, AR 72956
(479) 262-2144
3533'55.45"N
9422'1.93"W





I've heard his daughter is a nationally ranked trials rides.
__________________
"They bought me a box of tin soldiers, I threw all the Generals away, I smashed up the Sergeants and Majors, Now I play with my Privates all day."
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #161
crampfan
not really a nOOb
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Clarksville Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,121
Clarksville --- El Taco Placera. great food, cheap
crampfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #162
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer
 
10Cup's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware View Post
I'd like to throw Ima Jerk BBQ in the mix here. It's located on Highway 59 North in Cedarville, just south of the post office. It's our restaurant of choice anytime we're riding north of I-40 and west of I-540.

Rather than attempt an in-depth review of my own, I'll direct you to one that has already been written: http://www.thecitywire.com/index.php?q=node/9073

The food is great and the owner and staff are friendly. He likes bikes - even let us give his Montesa trials bike a try after we finished our meal one afternoon.

I should also mention it's one of the few places in Crawford County where you can enjoy a beer with your meal. (http://www.thecitywire.com/?q=node/6977)

Ima Jerk BBQ
8828 Arkansas 59 N
Cedarville, AR 72956
(479) 262-2144
3533'55.45"N
9422'1.93"W




That Sandwich alone looks like it's worth the trip!! Got this place in my bucket list!

One thing to remember however is that they are open only from Wednesday through Sunday 11pm to 8pm
__________________
10Cup - WR250R - BMW R1200GS
Trails of the West 2011 Moab/Western TAT 2010 Continental Divide Ride 09 Route 66 Ride SPOT Tracker
The cost of living's going up, and the chance of livin's going down.

10Cup screwed with this post 05-03-2011 at 09:20 AM
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #163
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,253
that doesnt show on google maps, got an address?

Id drive an hour past Oark for some good tacos.



Quote:
Originally Posted by crampfan View Post
Clarksville --- El Taco Placera. great food, cheap
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #164
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
that doesnt show on google maps, got an address?

Id drive an hour past Oark for some good tacos.

IN!

Heck you can go eat there twice, once on the way down and once when you take a wrong turn at Oark on the way home.
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #165
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,253
jackhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
IN!

Heck you can go eat there twice, once on the way down and once when you take a wrong turn at Oark on the way home.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014