User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #166
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Hee, hee, Mouth got zinged.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #167
wfopete
Suffer Fools; Gladly!

Oddometer: 444
How about an update on the old Shirley's Outback Restaurant in Paris. Was sold last year I think, but how is the food NOW?

RIDING the TAT? CHECK IT OUT:

TAT SHAK
wfopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #168
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
That Sandwich alone looks like it's worth the trip!! Got this place in my bucket list!

One thing to remember however is that they are open only from Wednesday through Sunday 11pm to 8pm
Are you sure of those hours Mike?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #169
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Are you sure of those hours Mike?

Those hours do look a bit fishy to me.

I've learned not to trust mike on his restaurant hours, we arrived at Chester to eat with him and that place was closed too. He did save face by taking us to Natural Dam for a Chee-burger though.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #170
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,190
Rode from Fort Worth to Ok and down the Talimena Parkway. I didn't see one car or bike on the parkway untill I got past the state line. I was looking forward to lunch in Mena at the Parkway Restaurant but was a hour late. They closed at 2. I ended up in Fort Smith at some buffet place. Oh well.

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 05-10-2011 at 05:35 AM
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #171
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Roadgoat:

Next time you're doing the Talimena Drive... consider dropping into Talihena, OK, and hit "The Hateful Hussy Diner". It's on the south side on main street.

We've eaten there several times and have yet to get bad food. Great atmosphere, too. Shirley (the Hateful Hussy) is an old west history freak. One wall is adorned with all sorts of Native American artifacts (like weapons, etc) and pictures and such. The other wall is Cowboy history, including ancient pistols and what have you. You can spend quite a bit of time just browsing the walls!!!

Have fun!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #172
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfopete View Post
How about an update on the old Shirley's Outback Restaurant in Paris. Was sold last year I think, but how is the food NOW?
Pete, didn't I give you an update on Shirley's? Maybe that was Devro. The wife and I ate there back in February and it's not what it was. I had a cheeseburger and though it was decent, it wasn't the knock-your-socks-off good that it was the year before. I honestly would have put it a notch higher than the Oark burger (and I know I'd catch flack for that) but now it's an also ran. Margaret had a chicken fried steak sandwich that wasn't too swooft. Lots of grissle.

Needless to say, we were quite sad knowing how good it was before. Is this the beginning of your quest for the ultimate Arkansas burger? Make sure you keep a weekday in your schedule here in the next couple of weeks for a ride so that we can take my offspring up to Oark so that he can savor what a good burger really is.
Wookazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #173
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Roadgoat:

Next time you're doing the Talimena Drive... consider dropping into Talihena, OK, and hit "The Hateful Hussy Diner". It's on the south side on main street.

We've eaten there several times and have yet to get bad food. Great atmosphere, too. Shirley (the Hateful Hussy) is an old west history freak. One wall is adorned with all sorts of Native American artifacts (like weapons, etc) and pictures and such. The other wall is Cowboy history, including ancient pistols and what have you. You can spend quite a bit of time just browsing the walls!!!

Have fun!
OMG....that sounds like its right down my alley! I'm a big old west history buff, I read Elmer Kelton and McMurtry all the time. I went through Talihena on the way down to Texas but skipped it on the way home and took other backroads to get to the Talimena. For sure I'll stop next time. I like the Old Spanish Trail in Bandera for the west feel too....thanks
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #174
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by crampfan View Post
Clarksville --- El Taco Placera. great food, cheap
OK, tried some tacos there this w/e and I have to say bleh! The tortilla had more flavor then the meat. Even the hot sauce was tasteless, not to mention not hot at all. Oh, and the beans and rice were cold.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #175
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
OK, tried some tacos there this w/e and I have to say bleh! The tortilla had more flavor then the meat. Even the hot sauce was tasteless, not to mention not hot at all. Oh, and the beans and rice were cold.
...... this is the way they like messican foods in arkensaw, what are you some sort of texass?
crampfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #176
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
...... this is the way they like messican foods in arkensaw, what are you some sort of texass?
LOL, not for long. Guess I'll have to adjust my palette
Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #177
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
LOL, not for long. Guess I'll have to adjust my palette
pssst...don't order off the menu
crampfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #178
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
pssst...don't order off the menu
My buddy and I were thinking next time we tell them we want what they serve the Mexican folks, not what they serve the gringo's.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #179
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,687
Sure would be nice if posters would add the state to the towns in the posts. Too much to ask?
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #180
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Sure would be nice if posters would add the state to the towns in the posts. Too much to ask?
You would think that the title of the thread "Arkansas Ride To Eat Restaurant Ratings" would kinda give it away, just sayin...

Albie screwed with this post 07-24-2011 at 07:10 PM