Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #196
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,306
LOL....I know a Brad Green. I figured Radam was in the same "vintage club". I ran across your last ride report a while back. It looks like you guys are having a great time. I'm glad to see you guys out on two wheels. Dont worry we wont bust in on your breakfast rides, but heck you can stop in ours anytime. Life is short and I'm just happy to get out on a bike these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach Carver View Post
The club is set up primarily for smaller displacement / vintage bikes 1980 or older. As you all know there are plenty of Harley, sportbike, and cruiser clubs. There are not many active "vintage" riding groups that I know of in this area. That's what this is. I do not run the club and therefore can't say for sure what is "vintage" and what is not. It is a laid back group of people and we have a good time. We take our time getting where we are going and usually spend some amount of time changing spark plugs, wiping oil off our shields and toping off small gas tanks. If that sounds like you then I would think your welcome to ride. Here's the link to last years "scramble"

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ozark+scramble

Brad Green
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #197
Roach Carver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
LOL....I know a Brad Green. I figured Radam was in the same "vintage club". I ran across your last ride report a while back. It looks like you guys are having a great time. I'm glad to see you guys out on two wheels. Dont worry we wont bust in on your breakfast rides, but heck you can stop in ours anytime. Life is short and I'm just happy to get out on a bike these days.
Ted, I feel the same way 100 percent. Life is too short. I just didnt want to surprise you ya know.
Roach Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #198
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Ted, I feel the same way 100 percent. Life is too short. I just didnt want to surprise you ya know.

Nah it's cool, I wouldnt have wanted to surprise you guys either! Maybe we will run into each other sometime anyway, I like those old Beemers you guys have and wouldnt mind checking them out.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #199
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,818
I like the parts about taking your time , and being laid back, Ill have to work on the older/smaller bike thing, and actually ive been looking, just not found "the one" yet.

Quote:
The club is set up primarily for smaller displacement / vintage bikes 1980 or older. As you all know there are plenty of Harley, sportbike, and cruiser clubs. There are not many active "vintage" riding groups that I know of in this area. That's what this is. I do not run the club and therefore can't say for sure what is "vintage" and what is not. It is a laid back group of people and we have a good time. We take our time getting where we are going and usually spend some amount of time changing spark plugs, wiping oil off our shields and toping off small gas tanks. If that sounds like you then I would think your welcome to ride. Here's the link to last years "scramble"

Brad Green
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #200
Roach Carver
Gnarly Adventurer

We have a lot of fun. The scramble was also a great deal of fun and at $1000 of less for the bike, almost anyone can afford to get out and ride. The guy who arranged it rode about 650 miles on a kawasaki 400? I dont think he has more than $500 in it. The engine appears to externally oiled and the intake is made from plumbing fittings. I could not make it across town on it, and he rode it over 600 miles. It was great. We had 5 people last year and hope to have a few more this year.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #201
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:

Brad Green
nuts, so a 1954 harley would not be vintage?
crampfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #202
Roach Carver
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crampfan View Post
nuts, so a 1954 harley would not be vintage?
i would guess that it is vintage and would be worthy of an exception. You may not want to be seen with us though. what kind of cramps are you a fan of anyway?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #203
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Quote:
i would guess that it is vintage and would be worthy of an exception. You may not want to be seen with us though. what kind of cramps are you a fan of anyway?
mainly of the lux and ivy kind.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #204
captain awesome
wearer of underwears

Oddometer: 15
Quote:

Brad Green
I think Brad just summed it all up pretty well. I really hate to put any sort of rules to the whole thing, but the idea is for vintage riders to get out and actually ride their bikes. Vintage is not restricted to brands so much as it is age. If you show up on a stretched out Busa, you missed the point completely. Not being elitist, just getting like minded folk together. If a 54 Panhead isn't vintage, than everyone that meets wouldn't come close to the criteria.

As for the scramble, that was by far the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle. Ever. Period. Next year hopefully will be just as much fun. There is a link to the blog for next years run in my sig. It would be great to see some new faces next year.
captain awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #205
Radam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
It would also be nice if you didn't plan it for the middle of the week next year. I wanted to go so bad!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #206
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,405
Thumb Fleur de Lis Grill

I posted this in the AR-BS thread, then remembered this one...DOH!

This is for the Fleur de Lis Grill in Gentry AR, on the East side of AR 59 before the stoplight if your going Northbound from AR 412.

Just got back from Fleur de Lis Grill in Gentry, they have some dang good vittles. I had crawfish eteufee and my wife had the fried catfish and shrimp dinner. The food was awesome, and the beer was cold!
Shiner Bock FTW

If you like your Cajun food spicy, tell them when you order. After numerous whiny-assed people complaining about it being too hot, they toned it down a few notches.
The couple we went with were from New Orleans, and it is their favorite place to eat, that should speak volumes for the food authenticity.

CLOSED :(

tokyoklahoma screwed with this post 08-15-2014 at 09:20 AM Reason: closed
tokyoklahoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #207
crampfan
not really a nOOb

I know the is the arkansas thread, but I took a little ride up to Stockton MO to the Squeeze Inn for a Squeeze with cheese. Ruth and Kenny the owners moved from Sacramento (my home town) after being featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Sold the original Squeeze Inn and opened up another after Ken couldn't stand retired life. Sadly Ken passed away about two years ago. Ruth still cooks up a great hamburger, and the tacos are the best!

the famous Squeeze with cheese (missing the San Fran sour dough)

If you get a chance check it out
Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #208
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Wow that cheeseburger looks good Crampfan!! I see a ride to Stockton in my future!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #209
Tom Krein
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
I posted this in the AR-BS thread, then remembered this one...DOH!

This is for the Fleur de Lis Grill in Gentry AR, on the East side of AR 59 before the stoplight if your going Northbound from AR 412.

Just got back from Fleur de Lis Grill in Gentry, they have some dang good vittles. I had crawfish eteufee and my wife had the fried catfish and shrimp dinner. The food was awesome, and the beer was cold!
Shiner Bock FTW

If you like your Cajun food spicy, tell them when you order. After numerous whiny-assed people complaining about it being too hot, they toned it down a few notches.
The couple we went with were from New Orleans, and it is their favorite place to eat, that should speak volumes for the food authenticity.
I can vouch for the Fleur de Lis Grill also! VERY good place to eat!!

Tom
Tom Krein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #210
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
catfish

Will be attending the War Eagle fair in Mid Oct near Eureka Springs and needing some suggestions for trip home. Will probably be in the Russellville/Hot Springs area for our last night on the road. Any really good catfish stop suggestions. Our meandering is very unplanned so don't rule out something a little off path. Thank you.

MartiniUp screwed with this post 10-01-2011 at 06:46 PM
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote