Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #226
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Guess they're never going to rebuild Coy's. That place had really good steak.
Ever try the fillet at the Brickhouse on Central Avenue? It has really good rib eye and fillet everytime I try it. I ate at Coy's once not long before it burnt. Mrs. Coy was such a sweet hostess.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #227
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
Ever try the fillet at the Brickhouse on Central Avenue? It has really good rib eye and fillet everytime I try it. I ate at Coy's once not long before it burnt. Mrs. Coy was such a sweet hostess.
Never been there, have to try it out next time I get down there.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #228
MoodyBlues
Hey! Watch this.

Oddometer: 434
Pineville Country Corner Cafe

Last summer the wife and I were staying in Mountain View and were told about this place. It's a small local joint with the menu on a chalk board and not all the chairs match, but it is some great food! We had breakfast there and the ham steak was the size of the plate! Friendly staff and customers. Its on some nice roads too. From Calico Rock, take Hwy 56 north east a few miles, then north on to 223 about a mile. On the east side of the road.

'11 BMW F800GS lava orange, '08 Kawasaki Concours, '06 ZX-10R track bike
'13 KTM 500 XC-W
MoodyBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #229
bcutter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
another great resturant is in Batesville--Kelly WyattGreat buffet-- Home style cooking
bcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #230
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
Thumb Benson's Grill

Our favorite greasy spoon in Fort Smith is Benson's Grill on Rogers next to North Side High School. Try to hit it off peak hours as the regulars fill it up.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #231
dch
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 354
+ 1 on McCLards in Hot Springs

dch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #232
Tom Krein
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Ate at a GREAT little Mexican Restaurant in Paris yesterday... the El Parian. At the town square turn west on 22, its towards the edge of town.

The Grapevine is another restaurant in Paris that was highly recommended, but it is closed on Sunday and Monday so we didn't get to eat there...... go East on 22 from the town square. Its only about a block east.

We also ate a couple of meals at the Lodge on top of Mt. Magazine. VERY GOOD FOOD, and a GREAT VIEW!

Tom
Tom Krein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #233
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 479
I've heard the Grapevine is a good eating establishment as well. Devro recommended it highly and if you judge a restaurant by how crowded the parking lot is, then it's bound to be a good place.

The Magazine Lodge is a good place to eat as well. My wife and I spend our anniversary there every year... and hey, that's coming up in about a week! We usually have a meal there and at Wiederkehr. We'll do lunch at Shirley's Outback between the Lodge and Paris but it's changed hands within the last couple of years and didn't seem to be as good as it once was.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #234
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,485
Wink speaking of

Our anniversary is coming up too. I mentioned Wiederkehr the last time we went to L.R. and the wife seemed interested.
Is there lodging nearby?
What is their food like?
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #235
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
Our anniversary is coming up too. I mentioned Wiederkehr the last time we went to L.R. and the wife seemed interested.
Is there lodging nearby?
What is their food like?
Swiss/German cuisine and there is a Hampton's Inn at Clarksville. Kelts has a better dinner if you like Irish. Just off the square in Altus.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #236
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid View Post
I've heard the Grapevine is a good eating establishment as well. Devro recommended it highly and if you judge a restaurant by how crowded the parking lot is, then it's bound to be a good place.
I like the Grapevine but the parking lot is full because it's the ONLY diner in town.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #237
Arkansasrider
LOST

Oddometer: 164
I had an appointment with a surgeon at Mercy Hospital in Rogers this morning. He has me scheduled for a carotid endarterectomy for Thurday morning. As we left the hospital, I told my wife I need to have a "last meal". Drove across the street to 5 Guys Hamburgers and we each had the large cheeseburger and small fries. Don't EVER order the large fries! What an ARTERY CLOGGING MEAL! Sorry, no picture.
Arkansasrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #238
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
Is there lodging nearby?
What is their food like?
Honestly, I think their food sucks. The last time we went there was a couple years ago and while some of the meal was OK, the steak I ordered was awful. I actually sent it back and I almost never do that. There was probably a dozen of us and no one was really happy with what they ordered. IMO they just have been living off their old rep an the atmosphere.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #239
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasrider View Post
I had an appointment with a surgeon at Mercy Hospital in Rogers this morning. He has me scheduled for a carotid endarterectomy for Thurday morning. As we left the hospital, I told my wife I need to have a "last meal". Drove across the street to 5 Guys Hamburgers and we each had the large cheeseburger and small fries. Don't EVER order the large fries! What an ARTERY CLOGGING MEAL! Sorry, no picture.
LOL, you can SHARE an order of the SMALL fires from 5 Guys.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #240
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 479
When we eat at Wiederkehr, we usually get the pork (I'm not even going to butcher the spelling here) tenderloin. It comse with garlic butter on top... anything with garlic has to be good! It comes with the german potatoes too. I usually try to stay away from steaks at places like that. I had a steak at Olive Garden in Ft. Smith a few years ago that was recommended by one of the chefs. Of course, it was the most expensive item on the menu. It had to be thw worst steak I've ever eaten (BLAND)! My wife said it tasted as if it had been boiled! Guess we'll find out this weekend if everything is as good as it used to be.

Speaking of 5 Guys Burgers... we're getting one here in Jonesboro. I've heard they are really good. Is it anything like In-N-Out Burger?