Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #301
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1951 View Post
::ahem:: That would be Ma'am...and you're most welcome.
A female? Hanging out here?

Hmmmm. I'm almost speechless.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #302
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Name

Great review, and heck that name should of been a real give away. Sounds like she has come up with a good eats place.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #303
Gabby1951
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Laugh Yep, there's a gal in your midst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
A female? Hanging out here?

Hmmmm. I'm almost speechless.
Surprise!!!

I discovered this website by accident and have thoroughly enjoyed reading hundreds of posts, so far. It's always good to be communicating with others who enjoy getting their knees in the breeze. :wink

I've been riding for 7 years. DB (the hubby) and I bought Honda Reflexes for each other for our 25th wedding anniversary...one of those wild hairs, yanno? If we'd known we'd have so much fun, we certainly wouldn't have waited so long...lol We graduated to Silver Wings and, after putting 38K miles on a 2003 model, I bought a new one is 2009. I've been a member of the Patriot Guard Riders since 2006 and am a USAF veteran.

Have a great day, y'all...keep outta the heat and hydrated if you're out in it!!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #304
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1951 View Post
Surprise!!!

I discovered this website by accident and have thoroughly enjoyed reading hundreds of posts, so far. It's always good to be communicating with others who enjoy getting their knees in the breeze. :wink

I've been riding for 7 years. DB (the hubby) and I bought Honda Reflexes for each other for our 25th wedding anniversary...one of those wild hairs, yanno? If we'd known we'd have so much fun, we certainly wouldn't have waited so long...lol We graduated to Silver Wings and, after putting 38K miles on a 2003 model, I bought a new one is 2009. I've been a member of the Patriot Guard Riders since 2006 and am a USAF veteran.

Have a great day, y'all...keep outta the heat and hydrated if you're out in it!!
Good on you. I'm involved with Patriot Guard Riders here and am a USAF vet. We'll to arrange meet & eat sometime.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #305
Gabby1951
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Good on you. I'm involved with Patriot Guard Riders here and am a USAF vet. We'll to arrange meet & eat sometime.
Sounds great to me! I tried to break my right foot a couple of month ago, and ended up with massively swollen foot that wouldn't fit into riding boot...but I'm ready to get back in the saddle. Was hoping the heat wave would end, but it looks like that's not going to happen any time soon...lol Yeah, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to temps in excess of 100.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #306
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Wuss

You aren't the only wuss, this heat makes for a long day, and shortened rides, Gabby.

I don't have riding boot, but wear a size 16 Buster Brown's so if the foot swells up let me know which shoe you need. When I was in high school rode with a full cast on my right leg. That is till my mother caught me. The bike's kick starter was stripped so I would let it roll down a hill to start the bike at home. Sounds like you have been around a little so can probably take it and give it right back so you should do fine on this place.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #307
Gabby1951
Adventurer

Wicked Wuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by arraflipper View Post
You aren't the only wuss, this heat makes for a long day, and shortened rides, Gabby.

I don't have riding boot, but wear a size 16 Buster Brown's so if the foot swells up let me know which shoe you need. When I was in high school rode with a full cast on my right leg. That is till my mother caught me. The bike's kick starter was stripped so I would let it roll down a hill to start the bike at home. Sounds like you have been around a little so can probably take it and give it right back so you should do fine on this place.
I can't imagine riding with a full cast! When I was in high school, I had moved up from two-wheeled bike by Schwinn to four wheels...lol My next two-wheeled transportation wasn't until 2005. If I'd known how much fun it would be, I wouldn't have waited 40 years.

Yeah, I've been around the block a time or two...just not this particular block...lol I took some ribbing about my scoot, until the ribbers realized that I could keep up with the big boys. Now I'm just one of the guys, with a few mods.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #308
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,196
Low Gap Cafe

Food is fantastic! The ride to get there is also awesome. The little town of Low Gap is on 74 between Jasper and Ponca. This is a good thing because it means even another place to eat so we can avoid that dung hole the Ozark Cafe.

Their homemade soups are awesome! They have a pretty big menu with everything from Italian, steaks, seafood, and southern. I've had both the eggplant and chicken parm there and both were off the hook!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #309
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 763
Casa Agave. Kansas City,Kansas

Estofado Shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #310
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toyman View Post
Casa Agave. Kansas City,Kansas

Estofado Shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn!!!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #311
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
Blue Mountain Bakery and Deli in Jasper

Blue Mountain Bakery was set up in Hankin's General Store in Sand Gap (Pelsor) for a couple years.
Last year she moved to downtown Jasper.

You will find there some of the finest muffins in the WORLD!!!

They also smoke brisket and have a sandwich lunch menue.
The sandwiches are GREAT too! Homemade bread!

For breakfeast ask her to make you a brisket and egg and cheese sandwich. You will NOT regret it.
Wash it down with some juice and coffee and finish up with a muffin.
OH DAWG!

http://www.facebook.com/BlueMountainBakeryDeli
Out here where you can breathe. Lyle Lovett
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #312
wfopete
Suffer Fools; Gladly!

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by devrodirt View Post
Blue Mountain Bakery was set up in Hankin's General Store in Sand Gap (Pelsor) for a couple years.
Last year she moved to downtown Jasper.

You will find there some of the finest muffins in the WORLD!!!

They also smoke brisket and have a sandwich lunch menue.
The sandwiches are GREAT too! Homemade bread!

For breakfeast ask her to make you a brisket and egg and cheese sandwich. You will NOT regret it.
Wash it down with some juice and coffee and finish up with a muffin.
OH DAWG!

http://www.facebook.com/BlueMountainBakeryDeli
Last I check they close on Saturday. Something about Seventh-day Adventist church.

RIDING the TAT? CHECK IT OUT: TAT SHAK

ARA - Adventure Riders of Arkansas
wfopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #313
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
Porters steak house in Perryville Ar. Slow service, small place, one block off the main drag, which is the ONLY drag. They don't have a sign, don't need one. Get enough business from locals. Not a biker hangout, nice linen tablecloths, candles, real and expensive antiques everywhere. Kinda weird for Perryville, the place is just too damn nice, but the steaks are huge and great.

The BBQ truck that parks next to Weiss Lumber Co. and the Farmers Co-Op is excellent. Not like you'd expect from a BBQ truck at all.

The Mexican place in Perryville is also fantastic. Can't remember the name, but it's the only one. It's on Main St. 1/2 block from the courthouse.

ANY PERRY COUNTY VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT BFAST, LUNCH, OR DINNER! I ain't kidding folks. Perry Co. is a low income county. Lots of farming, ranching, logging, etc. Folks really support the Volunteer FDs and country folks can really cook. The wives of the firefighters usually go to church together, and church ladies fellowship ends at the kitchen door!. It's a serious competition to see who can make the best of everything. A donation is requested. Usually around 5.00 for breakfast, 7 for lunch, 10 for supper, per person. You will not beat the home cooking including desserts of all kinds. Check out the Cherry Hill Volunteer FD. The Cheif is an old friend and riding buddy of mine. People drive to little Cherry Hill Ar. from Hot Springs, Russelville, Danville, Plainview, China, Mars, Atlantis, even the Mariannas Trench. I heard Cyril Depres once rode straight from Dakar to Cherry Hill to get some homeade fried chicken and blackberry cobbler. Didn't even stop to get his trophy or prize money!
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #314
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas View Post
Porters steak house in Perryville Ar. Slow service, small place, one block off the main drag, which is the ONLY drag. They don't have a sign, don't need one. Get enough business from locals. Not a biker hangout, nice linen tablecloths, candles, real and expensive antiques everywhere. Kinda weird for Perryville, the place is just too damn nice, but the steaks are huge and great.

The BBQ truck that parks next to Weiss Lumber Co. and the Farmers Co-Op is excellent. Not like you'd expect from a BBQ truck at all.

The Mexican place in Perryville is also fantastic. Can't remember the name, but it's the only one. It's on Main St. 1/2 block from the courthouse.

ANY PERRY COUNTY VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT BFAST, LUNCH, OR DINNER! I ain't kidding folks. Perry Co. is a low income county. Lots of farming, ranching, logging, etc. Folks really support the Volunteer FDs and country folks can really cook. The wives of the firefighters usually go to church together, and church ladies fellowship ends at the kitchen door!. It's a serious competition to see who can make the best of everything. A donation is requested. Usually around 5.00 for breakfast, 7 for lunch, 10 for supper, per person. You will not beat the home cooking including desserts of all kinds. Check out the Cherry Hill Volunteer FD. The Cheif is an old friend and riding buddy of mine. People drive to little Cherry Hill Ar. from Hot Springs, Russelville, Danville, Plainview, China, Mars, Atlantis, even the Mariannas Trench. I heard Cyril Depres once rode straight from Dakar to Cherry Hill to get some homeade fried chicken and blackberry cobbler. Didn't even stop to get his trophy or prize money!
When do they have the VFD meals?
Old 05-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #315
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,618
I've been riding by this place for awhile. When riding in Newton County, we usually eat a Ozark Cafe or Cliff House, saying, "we really ought to stop and try them sometime" as we ride by.

Well, yesterday we were discussing lunch destinations, and decided to make Low Gap Cafe the object of our lunch ride. Red called ahead to make sure they would be open. "Until 2pm", they said. We hopped on the trusty old Sport 1100 at about 11:30 and 68 miles, and about an hour later, we arrived at Low Gap.

They were having a buffet, and man! It was something! Steak & Mushrooms, fish, pasta salad, mashed potatoes, rice, bisquits. All good!

Talked to the owners for a bit after dinner. They mentioned they have music on Saturday Nights. The hillbilly kind, just like we like! We'll be going back soon!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Low-G...31015646912397

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/75/16599...ap-Cafe-Jasper

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Arkansas.html

IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote