Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #91
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,425
How about the little restaurant at Gilbert off 65 above Marshal? Have not been there in a few years.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #92
Respen
Permanent N00b

Oddometer: 48
Thumb

It seems that nobody has reviewed any Little Rock/central ark. restaurants. I will take it upon myself to review some of these places.

Rocky's Pub, North Little Rock, Ar. Every time I go here, I end up getting the Philly Cheesesteak. It is seriously that awesome. It's served with homemade potato chips. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic until I was halfway done. Guess I'll have to go back...

Philly Cheesesteak...10/10
Homemade potato chips...9/10

Here's a review from a blog. I Eat Therefore I Am: Rocky's Pub

"Life is an aimless drive that ya take alone.
Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home."
-The Bloodhound Gang

Respen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #93
stevejonesmo
Rookie old fart

Oddometer: 95
Wow, some great stuff in this thread!

RideToEat.com has 21 Arkansas restaurants listed. You can see them here:

It would be great if some of you could make time to visit ridetoeat.com and add your favorite missing restaurants, or add your review/ratings to spots already on the list.
Steve Jones, St. Louis, MO, IBA Mile Eater #25444
King of the Ferries
"Ride To Eat" data Czar
Prince of Times
Tent Space Map Dude

stevejonesmo screwed with this post 08-07-2010 at 10:01 AM
stevejonesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:35 PM   #94
izzy's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Toot my own horn

Fellow Riders,
If your are coming to Little Rock we would like to invite you to our restaurant in W Little Rock. We are Izzy's, have been in business for 25 years on hwy. 10 and you can check us out at izzyslittlerock.com. . I'm not good with computers so you will actually have to google it, sorry. We were voted the best family owned restaurant in Central Arkansas, know the restaurant business and would love to have you.
Sincerely,
Izzy
izzy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #95
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,037
Wife and I stopped by there a month ago... Food was great.

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE

wswartzwel screwed with this post 08-01-2010 at 04:31 PM
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #96
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,265
Catfish Cabin in Eureka Springs. 8.0 Restaurant, 8.5 fish tacos. I haven't really tried anything else.

Bonus, Turners Bend sammichs. Seriously good stuff.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #97
4eyes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Thumb

Since Siloam Springs is unrepresented, I guess I'll step-up.
Fatiga's Sub Station, Mount Olive just north of hwy 412, I recomend the Red Reuben . The owner is an Italian from Oswego NY, and the decore is gearhead friendly.

For HUGE breakfast servings stop at Kathy's Corner, hwy 412 and 16. It's always busy so there may be a wait, but it's busy for a reason.
At he other end of hwy 16 (Fayetteville) is the Catfish Hole, everything is good, catfish, shrimp, scallops, and frog leggs. Served with cole slaw, green tomatoe relish, hush-puppies, and baked or french-fried potatoes.
If you take 412 to Fayetteville and get hungry before you get there, Guido's Pizza in Tontitown is great! Pizza and cold beer, what more do you need?

4eyes screwed with this post 08-03-2010 at 12:16 AM
4eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #98
TRZ Charlie OP
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy's
Fellow Riders,
If your are coming to Little Rock we would like to invite you to our restaurant in W Little Rock. We are Izzy's, have been in business for 25 years on hwy. 10 and you can check us out at izzyslittlerock.com. . I'm not good with computers so you will actually have to google it, sorry. We were voted the best family owned restaurant in Central Arkansas, know the restaurant business and would love to have you.
Sincerely,
Izzy
Izzy, glad you posted up. Next time I am down that way I will definitely try your place out!
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #99
Barry in Arkansas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Looks like North Central Arkansas has been forgotten

Some decent places in North Central Arkansas: This is just a short list. If you try any of them, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Sorry, I have no photos. I'd be considered crazier than I am already if I pulled out a camera and started taking pictures of my food in any of these places!

BALD KNOB: Hoo Dats. A local favorite Cajun/Seafood/Steak place with a lunch and dinner buffet. Never eaten anything there that wasn't good. I'd give it an overall rating of at least an 8.

HARDY: Bob and Sandy's Beach Club Bar B Que. Up on the hill just north of the Spring River Bridge at Hardy. Some of the best "Memphis" style Barbeque anywhere. Order the large pork plate and you'll get full and probably start planning routes that include Hardy in them. I'd give it a 10, but then I like all bar b que, even bad bar b que, and Bob and Sandy don't know how to make it bad!

FRANKLIN: (find it on the map) Calibama Restaurant. My local eatery. Try the hamburger Steak, the Chicken Fried Steak of the Burgers and you won't be disappointed. Mostly local customer base, if you like that sort of thing, as I do, you'll be happy and full. I'd give it a 7.5.

MOUNTAIN VIEW: The Wing Shack. This is a sort of a chain, there's one in Batesville too. Specialty is wings of course, all flavors good. Good Burgers too. Biker Friendly, nice outside sitting area under the big porch. 7.5

MOUNTAIN HOME: The Blu Pig. Another Barbeque joint, but here the meat is smoked. Good pulled barbeque and good ribs. Live music on summer weekends. Another 7.5 place.

MAMMOTH SPRING: Fred's Fish House. There are other Fred's in the area, but this one is great. Older "road house" style diner. Good Fish, Good Folks. Another place where locals dominate. If you like catfish, you'll like this Fred's. (IMHO it is much better than the one in Mt. Home) 7.0.

Any of these places will welcome you and you'll leave full.

Barry in Arkansas screwed with this post 08-04-2010 at 04:51 PM
Barry in Arkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #100
BeemerBill
fillerup agin'

Oddometer: 611
Izzys in Little Rock is definitely the bees knees in my opinion. Their home made hot tomales are wonderful!!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #101
Wanderlusty
Former Fat_Man

Oddometer: 288
How about a ride to eat something that is made in a ride? AKA Taco Truck.

In Little Rock in the parking lot of Colonial Liquor, there is a taco truck, Taquiera Jalisco San Juan.

http://www.arktimes.com/gyrobase/Ima...95&oid=1231372

Worth a stop. Good stuff.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #102
Respen
Permanent N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlusty
How about a ride to eat something that is made in a ride? AKA Taco Truck.

In Little Rock in the parking lot of Colonial Liquor, there is a taco truck, Taquiera Jalisco San Juan.

http://www.arktimes.com/gyrobase/Ima...95&oid=1231372

Worth a stop. Good stuff.
That was a great article the Times did on the geyer springs taco trucks. Good timing too. With school starting back up and UALR being so close to geyer springs, I plan on trying all the trucks this fall. 14 weeks of school and 14 trucks. Fun fun! Will be posting some pics and reviews here, as I get to them.

-The Bloodhound Gang

Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #103
Respen
Permanent N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy's
Fellow Riders,
Sincerely,
Izzy
Added to my to do list. Will definitely check you guys out, especially since you're a fellow adv'er.

-The Bloodhound Gang

Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #104
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,056
I miss the taco trucks. CA had some good ones man. In my younger days that 2 a.m. torta loaded with Jalepenos was the bomb. My wife lived in the ghetto and the corner where the truck was a notorious location (Bancroft and E. 14th St.) but I was such a bad ass I weren't skeered.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #105
izzy's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
If you come to Izzy's

If you come to Izzy's ask for Beto or Robert. We are both riders.....Beto BMW 650 GS...... Robert BMW 1150 GS. We will get you fed and talk about motorcycles.
Thanks, Izzy
izzy's is offline   Reply With Quote