Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #106
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 461
I read on an earlier post about Rainbow Cafe in Mountain View having "world class chicken fried steaks". I thought that was a pretty bold statement, but I tried one yesterday and it's very true. Their open face roast beef sandwiches are great too!

Bob & Sandy's Spring River Beach Club BBQ in Hardy had a mention earlier too... we eat there about everytime we go through there. They not only have great BBQ ribs, but their catfish is great too.

I read through all the posts and didn't see a mention of Shirley's Outback between Magazine Mountain State Park and Paris. Surely I missed where it was posted. Great burgers and biker friendly.
Wookazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #107
mnormand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid
I read on an earlier post about Rainbow Cafe in Mountain View having "world class chicken fried steaks". I thought that was a pretty bold statement, but I tried one yesterday and it's very true. .
I agree, had that about 2 weeks ago, per suggestion of this list, after had to go back to room and take super power nap ! Food and nap were both great ! Cafe owner, menu suggestions, and service was all country good too!
mnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #108
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
Of all these places to eat I've only visited maybe 15%.
But the ONLY listed eatery I know of that has an ADV sticker on the front door or window is Oark Cafe.

Just an idea...but what if each of us who frequent these fine establishments of glutton bought a few extra ADV stickers, talked with the owners/managers and got an ADV sticker in place?
Then when we rode up we would know if the eating establishment was "ADV RIDER APPROVED"!

I don't mind buying a few stickers at all, it supports this web page.
And how I would like to know a fellow good-eats-lover-ADV-rider has put his/her stamp of approval on the place!

Lets get dirty and greasy and eat!!!!!!!! by god
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #109
devrodirt
devro

Godda add another:
Big Daddy's BBQ.
About 1/2 way between Rusellville and London - on 64, north side of road inside Dareell's On the Hill gas station.

I'm a BBQ fan, big time! This is some of the best!!!!

Weird place for good BBQ, that's for sure.

Cute girls bring you your bag of slop too!!!! BONUS points!

BBQ 9.5
No beer = 9.0

Call it in the town of London because London is not on the roster.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #110
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,273
Can't believe Burge's in Lewisville isn't listed yet. Granted, not the best place for riding to, but the food is so worth it. I've done day trips from Dallas just to go eat there. The best smoked meat I've had ANYWHERE. The smoked turkey po boy is the bomb! The smoked ham and BBQ chicken dinners are awesome! https://www.smokedturkeys.com/menus.cfm OK, so I did grow up eating there, in fact we used to live next door for a couple years, but it doesn't change the fact that it's great!

Food 9.5, ride 5
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #111
stevejonesmo
Rookie old fart

Oddometer: 93
Wow, Yall are a tough audience! You got about 70 great ride to eat places in this thread, and only 4 of them are in RideToEat.com.

If you've been to any of these great places, why not stop by and add them to the site. It's painless.

There are gems like this thread all over the many riding forums around the web... RideToEat.com is a great way to bring the data out into the open with maps and directions and reviews and ratings all built in. I hope a few of you make the time to help out.
Steve Jones, St. Louis, MO, IBA Mile Eater #25444
King of the Ferries
"Ride To Eat" data Czar
Prince of Times
Tent Space Map Dude
stevejonesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #112
DarrenM1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
Can't believe Burge's in Lewisville isn't listed yet. Granted, not the best place for riding to, but the food is so worth it. I've done day trips from Dallas just to go eat there. The best smoked meat I've had ANYWHERE. The smoked turkey po boy is the bomb! The smoked ham and BBQ chicken dinners are awesome! https://www.smokedturkeys.com/menus.cfm OK, so I did grow up eating there, in fact we used to live next door for a couple years, but it doesn't change the fact that it's great!

Food 9.5, ride 5
Thanks for mentioning Burge's... +1. Here's a pic from a burger run earlier this summer.

BMW R1200 GS Adventure
Yamaha WR250R
Harley Davidson Softail Springer CVO (gone but not forgotten)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504540
DarrenM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:58 AM   #113
devrodirt
devro

WOW. Never even ever heard of Lewisville, Ar.
But I lookled it up and it's there! Just west of Texarcana on 82.
Hope I some day get down that way to get a burger.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #114
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,844
DJ's in Bismarck. It's not far from Ross, especially if you go in at the gate on the 3 lane part of 7.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #115
stevejonesmo
Rookie old fart

King of the Ferries
"Ride To Eat" data Czar
Prince of Times
Tent Space Map Dude
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #116
kjazz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Kelt's Pub in Altus

I searched this thread but got no indication anyone had paid notice of Kelt's in Altus.

It's an Irish bar with really good food. Word has it when the location crew chose Altus as the location for filming "The Simple Life" with Paris Hilton, it was because of this bar. They need a really cool place for their crew to hang out.

Anyway, it's good stuff. And so are the wineries in the area, particularly the German restaurant at the Wiederkehr Winery.
kjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #117
stevejonesmo
Rookie old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjazz
I searched this thread but got no indication anyone had paid notice of Kelt's in Altus.
Can you go to http://ridetoeat.com/rte/add/ and add it? Even if you don't know anything but the name and the city, if you can add your ratings and comments I'll fill in the rest.
King of the Ferries
"Ride To Eat" data Czar
Prince of Times
Tent Space Map Dude
Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 AM   #118
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
I know the intent was Paris, AR but for whatever reason it didn't work out and Altus was close enough to visit Paris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjazz

It's an Irish bar with really good food. Word has it when the location crew chose Altus as the location for filming "The Simple Life" with Paris Hilton, it was because of this bar. They need a really cool place for their crew to hang out.

Anyway, it's good stuff. And so are the wineries in the area, particularly the German restaurant at the Wiederkehr Winery.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #119
soonerfan85
Boomer Sooner Baby!

Oddometer: 31
I've had good BBQ in Texas, Memphis, NC, but Backyard BBQ in Magnolia, AR smokes some of the best BBQ I've ever eaten. Their pies and onion rings are homemade and are A+ too. They're not inexpensive, but the food is so good and portions large enough you won't mind. I'd give them a 10 out of 10. Only neg. is they're always busy and charge 3% extra for using a credit card. Better than Rivertown BBQ.

Flying Burger in Magnolia is another great eatery. I'd give them a 9. Fresh ground hamburger makes delicious burgers. They also have grilled talapia, catfish, crab legs. Pretty much something for everyone and it's all good. The only thing I don't care for is the cornmeal based batter they use on the fried shrimp. No problem, as it's only a 30 minute drive down to Hollis' in Spearsville, LA for the worlds best fried shrimp and oysters. Better bugers than CJ's and Wataburger in Russellville.

Too bad there aren't any fun roads to ride down this way.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #120
TRZ Charlie OP
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,165
Dang those ribs sound good!
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote