ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #241
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,079
I can remember when NMTA would have trials on National weekends. Glad that part of our club changed. Nothing like losing in your class because you compete at the nationals!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #242
Bent_boot42
Adventurer
 
Bent_boot42's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
you scored it right.

that is within rules as we've known them for a while, 2 feet down is still a "2" moving or not. Now technically any rearward movement is a 5, but unless you go more than an inch or two, most judges give that to you, not all, but most. this is because it is a "friendly & Amature sport" almost all ran by volunteers, of clubs, here in usa. Sometimes, a pro rider might not get so "lenient judging" by pro judges (which there are none).

if there is big money, like nascar or motcross, then the rules get tightened big time, when it is amature, how many times you recall getting flagged in junior high football for spiking the football, in YMCA football (volunteer everything)?
That is how I understood it as well.

Just to continue with that topic a bit .... I was also told that if you have both feet off the pegs you MUST have both hands on the grips or you get a '5'. .... If in the video above the rider had (for example) used one hand to wipe sweat out of his eyes while having both feet on the ground then he would have deserved a '5'.

correct?
Bent_boot42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #243
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"
 
Brake's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Aurora, CO.
Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent_boot42 View Post
That is how I understood it as well.

Just to continue with that topic a bit .... I was also told that if you have both feet off the pegs you MUST have both hands on the grips or you get a '5'. .... If in the video above the rider had (for example) used one hand to wipe sweat out of his eyes while having both feet on the ground then he would have deserved a '5'.

correct?
That's correct. I remember my very first trials; i attempted to hop a rock, failed miserably, and rolled backwards quite a bit. So I stood there, with both feet down, and raised my hand to ask the checker-"Is that a 5?"...... He said-"It is now!!"
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #244
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"
 
Brake's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Aurora, CO.
Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I can remember when NMTA would have trials on National weekends. Glad that part of our club changed. Nothing like losing in your class because you compete at the nationals!
Points don't count for anything at this event and the classes only go to advanced. No expert or pro. Kind of a exhibition event
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #245
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,079
That is good. When I looked at it, it showed series 6. If you look at the page it looks like it was omitted as a series event. Very confusing. I`ll bitch at Stan Hensley next week just for something to do! ( Just enough to keep him off step while clerking the national sections)
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #246
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"
 
Brake's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Aurora, CO.
Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
That is good. When I looked at it, it showed series 6. If you look at the page it looks like it was omitted as a series event. Very confusing. I`ll bitch at Stan Hensley next week just for something to do! ( Just enough to keep him off step while clerking the national sections)
Yeah definetly confusing. We normally have 10 series' a year. This year, 11 with this "exhibition" one. Not sure how NMTA does it; but RMTA only takes your top 6 scores(i believe) to determine class winners for the year

Brake screwed with this post 07-26-2013 at 03:52 PM
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #247
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"
 
Brake's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Aurora, CO.
Oddometer: 478
If you're wondering what proper hill climbing technique looks like; THEN LOOK NO FURTHER!!(seconds before flying off into the bushes on the right. Took some work to get the bike outta there)

Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #248
dodgerdodger
Acountabilabuddy
 
dodgerdodger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rocky Mountain HIGH
Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake View Post
If you're wondering what proper hill climbing technique looks like; THEN LOOK NO FURTHER!!(seconds before flying off into the bushes on the right. Took some work to get the bike outta there)

That was awesome........another rider ended up off the edge with him, just after him.

I 5'd that section first time through cause I did the hill climb instead of exiting at the bottom (which is where amatures where supposed to exit).......I entered way to easy of a class, but just didn't know cause I'd never been to a trials meet before. Hey what can I say, I wanted to do the hill climb.........
__________________
[I][B]2000 XR650R
[COLOR=Blue]2001 WR426
2003 WR250F (Wifeys...)
2009 YZ250F
2012 1/2 sherco 3.0 Cabestany
dodgerdodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #249
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"
 
Brake's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Aurora, CO.
Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdodger View Post
That was awesome........another rider ended up off the edge with him, just after him.

I 5'd that section first time through cause I did the hill climb instead of exiting at the bottom (which is where amatures where supposed to exit).......I entered way to easy of a class, but just didn't know cause I'd never been to a trials meet before. Hey what can I say, I wanted to do the hill climb.........
First off: That picture is of me.... Second: I would "NEVER" bash another rider(which it kind of sounds like you are doing); that i didn't know.......Third: If it's too easy then move up(you didn't have to stay in amature)......Fourth: Trials people are awesome; let's try to keep it that way and in this forum!!!

Brake screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 03:30 PM
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #250
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,289


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake View Post
First off: That picture is of me....
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #251
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"
 
Brake's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Aurora, CO.
Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
...I've got nothing

Brake screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 04:23 PM
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #252
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake View Post
...I've got nothing
Don't take that crap from him Blake.





__________________
NMTrailboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #253
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,289
See ya in a few days Blake!

We can talk crap about Curtis for two days until he gets up there.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #254
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
We can talk crap about Curtis for two days until he gets up there.


__________________
NMTrailboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #255
dodgerdodger
Acountabilabuddy
 
dodgerdodger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rocky Mountain HIGH
Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake View Post
First off: That picture is of me.... Second: I would "NEVER" bash another rider(which it kind of sounds like you are doing); that i didn't know.......Third: If it's too easy then move up(you didn't have to stay in amature)......Fourth: Trials people are awesome; let's try to keep it that way and in this forum!!!
Huh, wait, what???? Where was I bashing anyone, let alone you?? Can anyone explain how I was bashing Brake, or belittling him in my post???

Brake, I believe you are reading way more into my benign post than you should. If you think I was bashing you, your completely off base. I have riden with a bunch of different trials guys that were at that meet, and eveyone is super cool. I wouldn't bash anyone, for any reason..........were all brothers having fun on two wheels.

And BTW, I wasn't allowed to move up once I was through the first round. Yeah, I could have had Bill come with me and push the issue, but I was there simply for fun. I didn't care that the amature sections were too easy for me, it's was still super fun and I just want to see what a trials event was all about.

Less coffee man, less coffee.................

Peace
__________________
[I][B]2000 XR650R
[COLOR=Blue]2001 WR426
2003 WR250F (Wifeys...)
2009 YZ250F
2012 1/2 sherco 3.0 Cabestany
dodgerdodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014