Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #61
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj
by scoring the other classes?????
This was my first one so I did not score. Watching some of the folks scoring both days, I still had some to learn. I would have been pissing some riders of. I noticed some scorers being pretty lax where I would have counted something.

I will score on my next one!
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:17 AM   #62
Bendejo
Movin' on up

Oddometer: 4,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvestal
I will score on my next one!
I talked to Jody about scoring. She said for total n00bs like us, she would send us out with an experienced scoring team to learn.
Bendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #63
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj
by scoring the other classes?????
I thought it was required?
I rode one even in Pueblo with RMTA and it was definitely required when I rode for years in NETA.
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #64
Moto Beak
Professional Amateur

Oddometer: 201
Round 5 at Turkey Rock was fun. It was a nice preview of the terrain for the nationals next month. It will be unreal with all the big rock faces. I guess most of the ADV trials riders were goofing around somewhere near Buena Vista or something, but Shercoman and I upheld ADV honor by him winning his class and me collecting another third place in mine. It was good to meet you Mark. We'll have to get out for some trials practice some time.
Moto Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #65
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Beak
Round 5 at Turkey Rock was fun. It was a nice preview of the terrain for the nationals next month. It will be unreal with all the big rock faces. I guess most of the ADV trials riders were goofing around somewhere near Buena Vista or something, but Shercoman and I upheld ADV honor by him winning his class and me collecting another third place in mine. It was good to meet you Mark. We'll have to get out for some trials practice some time.
Hey Moto Beak and Shercoman! Where you guys live? I sold my brother my older gasgas a year ago or so, but he hasnt made the conversion from MX riding, yet, been too busy to ride more or less, but there is hope.

Anyhow, He's up by Longmont/berthud race track area. Dad & I wish and hope to make an RMTA meet this year from kansas, drag him out and meet people. you know, get him started. would like to get him started asap. if you guys are anywhere near him, get me your emails via PM, if I make it out there maybe we can meet sat or something and I dunno, drink a cold one?
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #66
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 26,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Beak
Nice!

We were out playing near BV but the trialers definitely got a good work out.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #67
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Moto Beak
It was great to meet you too.
I would like to get together for some preactice. All of my riding buddies ride fast bikes and I cannot get them to try Trials.
Bummer!
Anyway,let's see if we can put together a little practice group.
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #68
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"

Oddometer: 496
Keep us posted if you guys are getting together for a parctice group. I may be interested if i don't anything going on.........
Brake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #69
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"

Anyone got any better directions to the next event at Pilot Peak South. I was looking at the email from the RMTA and it isn't very clear about where this place really is at (Main roads,etc)....Coming from Denver Got my mom in town that weekend and she would love to see why people ride bikes w/o seats .......I can't explain it to her so i will try to show her

THX
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #70
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake
Anyone got any better directions to the next event at Pilot Peak South. I was looking at the email from the RMTA and it isn't very clear about where this place really is at (Main roads,etc)....Coming from Denver Got my mom in town that weekend and she would love to see why people ride bikes w/o seats .......I can't explain it to her so i will try to show her

THX
if you goto website, they posted the GPS on the map...
put it in google maps, zoom out a little... and yeah I started a thread about bad maps on here a while back, and RMTA is a posterchild for "Pirate Maps" that nobody outside the gang of misfits are meant to discover the treasure...

N39 05.703 W105 23.317

Sting32 screwed with this post 06-25-2010 at 07:50 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #71
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,864
I just got my Dirt Rider mag in the mail and the featured photo (about 5 pages in) is Colorado's Kieth Wineland doing a huge step-up!

The caption also says how trials is postioned for a big surge in popularity.

Good job CO!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #72
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy
I just got my Dirt Rider mag in the mail and the featured photo (about 5 pages in) is Colorado's Kieth Wineland doing a huge step-up!

The caption also says how trials is postioned for a big surge in popularity.

Good job CO!
That's awesome!!! I have been saying that in 5-10 years the "COOL" kids with the trials bikes; will just be regular people. It's slowly making it's way to the states.......

When Ben and i went to get our OHV registration, AT THE MOTORCYCLE SHOP, the lady said "what's a trials bike?" REALLY!!!..... But i had never heard of one till last fall and now i own one and have been bitten big time.............. It'll happen
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #73
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake
That's awesome!!! I have been saying that in 5-10 years the "COOL" kids with the trials bikes; will just be regular people. It's slowly making it's way to the states.......

When Ben and i went to get our OHV registration, AT THE MOTORCYCLE SHOP, the lady said "what's a trials bike?" REALLY!!!..... But i had never heard of one till last fall and now i own one and have been bitten big time.............. It'll happen

I know the first time I rode one, I was hooked immediately. It's very addictive! Can't imagine not having a trialer now.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #74
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,763
Yes, the Dark Side.....
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #75
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus