User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #181
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 927
Earbud Clamp Units

We have actually received the new clamp units, and have contacted everyone we had listed as wanting them. If did want one, and haven't heard from us, it's because we don't have contact information for you and don't know where to find you, or we just lost you in the maddening rush of people clammoring for earbuds..

Anyway, if you wanted earbuds & haven't heard from us, give a buzz and we'll take care of you.

=Dave=
(the quieter 1/2 of RocketMoto)
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #182
jimbop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Ear bud Clamp and Sena's great Customer Service

About 2 months ago I puchased a Sena System from Rocket Moto. Firstly Rocket Moto was great to deal with and delivered on every promise. After using my Sena system for a few rides I found that th espeakers just couldn't deliver the sound quality that I needed. I was used to riding with Shure 210's hard wired to my iphone. So to make a long story short I cut my speakers off and installed a jack so that I could plug in my Shure 210s. Well things didn't work like I expected and the first time I got a phone call I almost lost my hearing.. So I contacted Sena and started going back and forth with e-mails trying to get things to work. After a week their Tech guy informed mr that because of my feedback and time spent helping them understand Motorcyclist's needs, they were going to send me their brand new, just being released earbud clamp which they felt would make up for my feeble attemps at making my own solution.
Well i got them last week and I have to say they rock. Now I can use premium noise cancelling headphones/earbuds that produce great sound and block out all unwanted noise while allowing you to talk to your buddy and talk on your phone. The phone ring is still a wee bit loud but so far it's the best solution I have found.

So hats off to Sena and Rocket Motto. I'm a happy rider that rider that gets to listen to friends, phones and fantastic tunes.
jimbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #183
murlaw703
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wicked Been using them for about a month now...a few notes

I have had several different brands and the Sena SMH10 rocks. The only problem I have had, which may help some fellow riders is this:
When paired to my Garmin 660(phone paired to 660 also) the media player would drop out after a phone call or several repetitive Nav instructions. I had the same problem with the Ipod on a bluetooth adapter.
I researched the phone and like the Garmin, it too had A2DP and AVRCP profiles. With the phone buried deeply in my riding vest, the above mentioned problem happened. So, I figured that maybe the phone was not releasing its hold on the Garmin. I moved the phone to an outside lower pocket where the phone poked out a little bit and the problems have all disappeared.
Has anyone else had this problem ? If so and the phone is in your jeans, etc., try letting it "air out" a bit. Hope this helps. Just be careful what airs out !
Tom - Vegas
murlaw703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #184
M.Mars
híppos leukós

Oddometer: 202
any more of these sitting around ... 260 for a dual is a steal !!!
M.Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #185
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Mars
any more of these sitting around ... 260 for a dual is a steal !!!
Plenty.. give us a buzz.. Clamps in stock, too..

=Dave=
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #186
antonv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Hey Dave,

I purchased a single unit from the group buy. Very happy with your service & shipping, as well as the SENA unit. I think one of my speakers could be broken. About 50 % of the time, I hear a slight chattering (like 2 pieces of metal vibrating against eachother) from my left speaker. Should I contact SENA, or handle it through you guys?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #187
obadiah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Weekend Report

Well, installed my team set in the parking lot after charging the night before. Worked like a dream. We put almost 1200 miles up and down HWY 1 and the 5 and 20 over this long weekend. Instantly recogized with both my Bold 9650 and her Droid X. Spent more time tightening the screws than setting anything up. Battery lasted longer than we did, and we had a 9 hour day with constant use. This is money well spent and I'm sure the trip would not have been possible (she would not have had much fun). I am a believer! Quality was great, little degredation until 70+ then you just needed to shout over the wind. These would be incredible if there was an Aeroflow on my bike. Best thing? I just flipped her commentary off in the twisties!

Obadiah
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #188
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonv
Hey Dave,

I purchased a single unit from the group buy. Very happy with your service & shipping, as well as the SENA unit. I think one of my speakers could be broken. About 50 % of the time, I hear a slight chattering (like 2 pieces of metal vibrating against eachother) from my left speaker. Should I contact SENA, or handle it through you guys?
antonv, Sena has been handling the warranty issues lately, which works much better for the customer, since you get faster response if you need something replaced.. Give Sena a buzz, or email Dan Kim ( dkim@sena.com ) He's really good at diagnosing the issue and getting you the right part for resolution.. Keep me in the loop, so I can repond or intercede if I need to. Call the 877-533-4245 number if you need to talk to one of us.

=Dave=
| Hi-Power LED Lights

RocketMoto screwed with this post 09-17-2010 at 09:20 AM
Old 09-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #189
tankhead
Path less traveled

Oddometer: 172
Since my Zumo 450 is a non-Bluetooth device could I plug the MP3 cord that they provide into the Garmin Zumo for driving directions and music stored on the Zumo? I really only need the Sena for communication between me and my pillion. Again I just need a communication device for talking to my wife and gps directions from my non bluetooth ZUMO gps. Tanks
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #190
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankhead
Since my Zumo 450 is a non-Bluetooth device could I plug the MP3 cord that they provide into the Garmin Zumo for driving directions and music stored on the Zumo? I really only need the Sena for communication between me and my pillion. Again I just need a communication device for talking to my wife and gps directions from my non bluetooth ZUMO gps. Tanks
Hey Tankhead:

You can certainly use the included audio lead and the audio input socket on the Sena headset with your Zumo 450.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 09-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #191
johnparjr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
My units are on their way and I should have asked when I talked to you but how water resistant are the units I ride all year long so not being able to use them If it rains might be a problem.
johnparjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #192
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnparjr
My units are on their way and I should have asked when I talked to you but how water resistant are the units I ride all year long so not being able to use them If it rains might be a problem.
No problem riding with the Sena's in the rain - these are designed for bike use in all sorts of weather. Now, I wouldn't suggest scuba diving with them...
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 09-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #193
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,582
I got back a couple of weeks ago from a month on the road to Alaska. The 1st 9 days my 16yo daughter & I were competitors in the Alcan5000 road rally. The Sena SMH10's worked great. The voice transmission was very clear & plenty loud even w/ earplugs. Her voice was as sweet as ever. Like music to a dad's ears.

Only after a very long day (600+ miles) and my daughter running her mp3 player did they get crackly. As I recall, it was a 15+ hour day.

My wife could clearly hear me during cell phone calls even when we were buzzing down the road at 70+.

Great product. I'd buy them again.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #194
johnparjr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
No problem riding with the Sena's in the rain - these are designed for bike use in all sorts of weather. Now, I wouldn't suggest scuba diving with them...
Some of the downpours I've ridden in I could have used a wetsuit. I get worried when things say water resistant not waterproof as I had a chatterbox say the same thing and crapped out in a downpour.
johnparjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #195
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,582
We used ours in the rain (admittedly not a frog straggler) and did not have a problem.

Each unit does have two rubber flaps (one for the charge cord & one for the 3.5mm jack) that need to be securely closed, but they're easy to do and seem pretty secure.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote