Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #211
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget
Ok, cool. I can transfer money from my PP acct to my bank acct. It is just that PP is like free money. Free as in my wife does not track that.

Is the pricing the same as your first post? I have not scrolled through all 14 pages. And how much extra for the earbud clamp?
Hey - if the PayPal $$ are free - maybe you don't really want the ADVRider special price, afterall?

Yes - the pricing is the same as posted on the first page. Earbud clamps are $39.95, and there are two versions, one with a boom mic and a second type with two mics - a boom that is on a lead that can be placed separate from the clamp and a thin chinbar mic. Same price for either version.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #212
60mg
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
Thought I had answered this, but that must have been in a PM to another inmate...

We did get both to pair up. IPhone 3Gs to Sena using the A2DP profile for phone calls and iPod music. Then paired the Nuvi 765 to the iPhone using the hands-free profile, using the Nuvi as a 'gateway device' for making the and receiving phone calls.

We also paired the Nuvi 765 to the Sena independently of the iPhone pairing, since it supports a connection to a 'headset' and a 'phone'.
I did that and here is the result: if Sena is connected to iPhone i can take phone calls and listen to the music but GPS (Nuvi 765t) is out of limits; if Sena is connected to GPS, I get music playback and route guidance from it but all the phone calls are limited to the GPS unit. I looked into changing output option on GPS to Bluetooth but it is not there, it's the the only thing that's missing to have complete functionality on the units. Any suggestions?
60mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #213
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,677
dual kit price still the same? and is the only way to get the clamp kit w/ wired mic by purchasing it separate? i mean can you specify which mic you want or are you stuck paying extra? kind of a budget buster right now if i do since i'd have to buy two.
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #214
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzok
dual kit price still the same? and is the only way to get the clamp kit w/ wired mic by purchasing it separate? i mean can you specify which mic you want or are you stuck paying extra? kind of a budget buster right now if i do since i'd have to buy two.
Price is still the same. The earbud clamps are offered from Sena only as accessories. The reasoning is that with four clamp units, and single or dual kits, there would be just too many options for dealers to stock - and we'd never have the right one's on-hand.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #215
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60mg
I did that and here is the result: if Sena is connected to iPhone i can take phone calls and listen to the music but GPS (Nuvi 765t) is out of limits; if Sena is connected to GPS, I get music playback and route guidance from it but all the phone calls are limited to the GPS unit. I looked into changing output option on GPS to Bluetooth but it is not there, it's the the only thing that's missing to have complete functionality on the units. Any suggestions?
Give me a few days - I need to snag a Nuvi 765 again - it's been a while since I tried it.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 10-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #216
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
Hi Mr Rocket.
I've been reading this thread, and looking at your Sena links. Can you confirm that I have this right:
If I get the earbud clamp, with the detachable boom, the sequence is, that I put my earbuds in (my ears), plug the male end into the female end of the coiled lead supplied with the clamp, then put the helmet on; did I get that right?

Would you recommend the detachable boom for mounting in a BMW System 5 (flip up) helmet? Without trying it, I think that the fixed boom may end up on the outside whenever I lower the chinbar.

Also, can you advise, if I go the earbud route, I will need a bluetooth MPS player, as I have now used up the 3.5mm socket on the clamp?

Regards
Tim in Oz
Backonthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #217
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Price is still the same. The earbud clamps are offered from Sena only as accessories. The reasoning is that with four clamp units, and single or dual kits, there would be just too many options for dealers to stock - and we'd never have the right one's on-hand.
i kind of understand.
one more question. i have a single A2DP MP3 player, can it pair to both rider's and pillion's SMH10 so we can listen to the music at the same time?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #218
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
i kind of understand.
one more question. i have a single A2DP MP3 player, can it pair to both rider's and pillion's SMH10 so we can listen to the music at the same time?
Bluetooth is a point-to-point technology. In other words - one device connected to one other device at a time. That said, your A2DP music source will only pair with one headset at a time. Your passenger can either pair a second A2DP music player or use the 3.5mm input socket to connect their own music source.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #219
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Bluetooth is a point-to-point technology. In other words - one device connected to one other device at a time. That said, your A2DP music source will only pair with one headset at a time. Your passenger can either pair a second A2DP music player or use the 3.5mm input socket to connect their own music source.
so, the head set that i pair the MP3 player to can't send the music to the other head set?

Dorzok screwed with this post 10-13-2010 at 11:28 AM
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #220
johnparjr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Adam do you guys have more of the sticky mounts for the headsets as I have multiple helmets and would like a few for them

John
johnparjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #221
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnparjr
Adam do you guys have more of the sticky mounts for the headsets as I have multiple helmets and would like a few for them

John
We do. Give us a call and and we can zip some out to you.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #222
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
so, the head set that i pair the MP3 player to can't send the music to the other head set?
That is correct. The Scala G4 has a 'repeater' function that re-transmits the music to a second headset. The Sena does not offer this capability, at this time.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #223
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
Another satisfied customer

I had a nice chat with Adam last night (at 12.30 am Australian Time!) after I left a phone message asking for a return call.
Ordered my SMH10 without a problem
I was dealt with in a most friendly and courteous manner, and Adam impressed as knowing his product, knowing about the incitricies of international despatch, and also came across as a keen bike rider.
Isn't it fantastic to deal with pleasant and competent people?
Thanks to all at Rocket Moto.

Tim in South Oz
Backonthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #224
DayTrippin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I have a few questions about:

SMH-A0302 Helmet Clamp Kit - Attachable Boom Microphone & Wired Microphone

MH-A0304 Helmet Clamp Kit - For Earbuds with Attachable Boom Microphone & Wired Microphone

Am I correct in that they both come with an interchangeable boom mic and flat mic? For example I can switch between whichever works best in my helmet. So the only difference is whether I'd want to use earbuds (A304) or the stock Sena spearkers (A302).

Which brings me to my next question. Is there any option available nor or maybe in the near future that would give me the choice of using the stock Sena speaker or ear buds in the same unit?

My problem is one bike I have is fairly noisy so I usually ride with ear plugs if going on a long trip. The others are much quieter and I usually don't wear earbuds. In general I can't tolerate earbuds more than about 4 hours until it feels like the worm from a tequila bottle is trying to bore its way into my brain!

So any options for an easy way to switch between the two? I typically wear the same helmet all the time and on a long trip switching out helmets isn't going to be an option and I'd really hate to have to switch out accessory units just to ditch the earbuds for a while.
DayTrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #225
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
New problem with mine and am wondering if anyone has a similar issue??

If my iPhone is engaged in any way ie: a call, music etc. I get a loud obnoxious buzzing noise. As soon as the music stops, or call ends it goes away. This does not happen with my zumo. Only when the iPhone is paired direct to Sena. Also, if I do not pair iPhone to Sena, but instead to a BT adaptor, it makes the noise sometimes, but not as loud! I'd say maybe, half the time opposed to always when the iPhone is paired direct.

Ideas?
Did you ever fine a resolution to this?

Just got my double set today and right out of the box I am having the same trouble with my phone(s) on both units. Wired the sound is fine. Via bluetooth there is a buzzing sound during audio playback. Very prevalent if you leave the mp3 playing and turn the volume down on the headset. If you pause the player the buzzing goes away after about 2 seconds. Comes right back on if the phone makes any sounds, rings, alerts or music. Tried 4 phones (Android Evo 4g, Epic 4g and the WinMo Touch Pro2 and HTC Hd2) and had exactly the same results. Even tried pairing the phones as just audio players but got the same results. Phone was right next to the unit and all testing was done indoors. Hopefully someone has run in to this and found a cure without having to ship them back?

Thanks