User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #31
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Other music devices

Anyone paired it with an iPod Nano or regular non-iPod/iPhone MP3 player (eg. I am using a Sandisk MP3 player)? I understand that there is a bluetooth wireless adaptor for the iPod Nano but I don't know anyone who has tried it yet. Anyone?
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #32
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 916
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustykfd
Any ideas on how to plumb my 8500 x50 into the sena...............

Is a Jambra the best option out there for this?
Rusty:

Yes the Jabra A210 will do the trick. You can also search on eBay for 'stereo bluetooth transmitter'. Two issues though - first, none of these are weather resistant, and second, it's one more device that you have to charge up.

Here's a thought, though... Place the dongle in a location on the bike that is out of the weather. Many of these have a 5 volt USB-type charger, so connect the charger to the power of the bike - possibly a cigarette lighter adapter. Run a stereo extension lead from the adapter up to the radar detector. Now it's out of the weather, and you don't have to charge it.

I'm not sure if you're handy with electronics and soldering, but for things like XM/Sirius radios, in our shop, we'll remove the guts from the cigarette lighter charger, shrink tube the circuit board and run a hard wire power lead from it with a fuse to the bike's power source. Makes for a compact, secure installation.

So - tell you what - in my spare timeI will pick up a BT dongle and will see about working out the 12 volt power thing. In the interim, you can get something like the Jabra and power from its internal battery.

Was that a long enough answer to such a short question?
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #33
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice0000
Anyone paired it with an iPod Nano or regular non-iPod/iPhone MP3 player (eg. I am using a Sandisk MP3 player)? I understand that there is a bluetooth wireless adaptor for the iPod Nano but I don't know anyone who has tried it yet. Anyone?
Roy - same deal as post, above. A Google, Amazon or eBay search will turn up a range of iPod compatible 'dock connector' BT adapters to use on a full-size iPod. For a Nano, or non-iPod, something with a 3.5mm headphone socket, the Jabra A210 or similar should to the trick.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #34
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
Any available right now?
Latest word from Sena is our orders should be flowing within just a few days. Thanks to the inmates here, and their other resellers, collectively we have inundated them with orders and it's been a challenge for them to keep up; we are in daily contact with them and have a good pulse on their supply.

Give us a call, and we'll make sure that your request is filled from our very next shipment of headsets.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #35
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,946
Is there a waiting list for the 3.5mm headset? If so, I want on it!

Jim
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #36
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
Is there a waiting list for the 3.5mm headset? If so, I want on it!

Jim
Hi Jim:

Give us a call, 1 877.LED.4BIKES (533.4245). We'll add you to the list of desirous inmates.

The latest detail we have on the 3.5mm socket (earbud compatible) version will be later this month. Could be sooner... or not . We will update when we have more solid info.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #37
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
Hi Jim:

Give us a call, 1 877.LED.4BIKES (533.4245). We'll add you to the list of desirous inmates.

The latest detail we have on the 3.5mm socket (earbud compatible) version will be later this month. Could be sooner... or not . We will update when we have more solid info.
I just tried. Solid 5 min of multiple menus and no person. Can't deal.. Can you just put my name down? Jim williams

thanks
Jim
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 05-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #38
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
I just tried. Solid 5 min of multiple menus and no person. Can't deal.. Can you just put my name down? Jim williams

thanks
Jim
Done.

Will check into possible phone system issues on our side - thanks for the heads-up. We apologize for the inconvenience.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 AM   #39
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
Done.

Will check into possible phone system issues on our side - thanks for the heads-up. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks. The hit 1 for this, hit 2 for that thing just gets annoying..
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #40
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
Put me down for one as well and update this thread when available please.

I'm Rob N. from Virginia.

My bel sti driver radar detector has some sort of weird mono plug. does it just need an adapter to make it work with a BT dongle?
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #41
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Looks like my kit is on the postal truck and ready to be delivered to my home some time today.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #42
netinfiniti
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Thumb A1 Customer Service - props to Adam !!!

To everyone on the fence:

I hope I never have to use their customer service, post-purchase - but Adam is a pleasure to deal with and gives me great confidence that they will make things right in case I have issues!
netinfiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #43
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Well, the installation was anti-climactic. If you've ever put speakers into a helmet before you'll finish in five to ten minutes. If you're totally new at it, you might need to fiddle with the speakers a bit for position.

There was sufficient charge in the things to determine that the sound quality is excellent and the volume goes quite high with beautiful clarity. I'm looking forward to trying them on the road.

I'm trying now to decide if I want to VOX-enable the things. I'm very used to VOX, having used an autocomm for several years with my pillion. But I rather like the 'beep, we're talking' default, too.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #44
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,223
I will be interested to hear what you think of the audio quality in comparison to your Autocomm. That is what I am using now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
Well, the installation was anti-climactic. If you've ever put speakers into a helmet before you'll finish in five to ten minutes. If you're totally new at it, you might need to fiddle with the speakers a bit for position.

There was sufficient charge in the things to determine that the sound quality is excellent and the volume goes quite high with beautiful clarity. I'm looking forward to trying them on the road.

I'm trying now to decide if I want to VOX-enable the things. I'm very used to VOX, having used an autocomm for several years with my pillion. But I rather like the 'beep, we're talking' default, too.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #45
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Sena / Autocom speaker comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen
I will be interested to hear what you think of the audio quality in comparison to your Autocomm. That is what I am using now....
David - allow me to draw some comparisons for you. We install, sell and service Autocom and Starcom1, as well; we're very familiar with these systems.

Audio 'quality' is very subjective. What sounds great to one person, may not appeal to another, at all. That said, here's my take.

The Sena speakers are a snap to install, are much thinner than Autocom's and easier to position in a helmet's ear pocket. The sound is much different, though. The Autocom speakers do not have the the dynamic range of the Sena's, mostly on the high end. The Sena speakers are 'bright' and I believe they're well suited to digital program material like CD's and MP3's which are often compressed and flat sounding. The bass response is good, but much better if the speakers are very close, but not right up against your ears. For a few dollars, we can supply Autocom foam speaker spacers if the helmet has deep ear pockets, to get the speakers closer to your ear canals.

If you're accustomedto the Autocom's sidetone (hear your voice in your speakers) feature, and like it, the Sena may take a bit of getting used to, as there's no sidetone.

Microphone - you do not need to have the mic touching your lips, like you do with Autocom. in fact, the audio is better if the mic is maybe an inch (25mm) away from your mouth.

You will have no issues with sufficient speaker volume - even with earplugs. These things can run quite L*O*U*D.

I hope this insight is useful to you.
| Hi-Power LED Lights