Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #751
marco polo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Expected Availability New Sena SM10 Bluetooth Stereo Audio Adapter?

For Adam at RocketMoto: I see at WebBikeWorld that Sena introduced a new SM10 Bluetooth Stereo Audio Adapter at the recent dealer Expo (see link below). I have two SMH10 intercoms (ride/passenger) and recently bought a Garmin Montana GPS, which is not Bluetooth-capable, but does have a 3.5mm audio out from the mount. I'd think that this new SM10 would be exactly what I'd need to get GPS voice prompts into my helmet.

Do you have any idea when it might be available to you for sale to customers? BTW, I'm not interested in the SR10 because I have no interest in bike-to-bike capability.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...oms/sena-sm10/
marco polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #752
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroho View Post
Got my Sena's a few days ago. Thanks Adam! Rocket Moto was pleasant to deal with, efficient and delivery was prompt. I'll be ordering from you again.
Thanks for the business !
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #753
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco polo View Post
For Adam at RocketMoto: I see at WebBikeWorld that Sena introduced a new SM10 Bluetooth Stereo Audio Adapter at the recent dealer Expo (see link below). I have two SMH10 intercoms (ride/passenger) and recently bought a Garmin Montana GPS, which is not Bluetooth-capable, but does have a 3.5mm audio out from the mount. I'd think that this new SM10 would be exactly what I'd need to get GPS voice prompts into my helmet.

Do you have any idea when it might be available to you for sale to customers? BTW, I'm not interested in the SR10 because I have no interest in bike-to-bike capability.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...oms/sena-sm10/
We saw the prototype at the Dealer's Expo in Indy a couple of weeks ago. The SM10 has two stereo inputs with as we understand it, one with priority over the other - ie. a GPS will mute a music source.

I hedge to state expected availability, but I wouldn't anticipate these to be in dealer's stock anytime before mid-April. Often new product releases run (sometimes substantially) behind for one reason or another. We'll post here and on Facebook just as soon as we know when they'll be coming in.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

RocketMoto screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 03:48 PM
Old 03-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #754
pej7445
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
I picked up a set of these from RocketMoto - Great service, as expected from a fellow NH resident!

I've been working on various configurations of these and here's where I'm hitting a couple of obstacles.

1. I have a Zumo 550 and I'd like it to become the "hub" for my cell phone and the headset. I can pair the phone to it and the headset but I cannot maintain a solid bluetooth connection to it if the intercom gets used. So if I'm riding alone this setup works ok, but with a passenger it doesn't seem to work out.

2. If I pair my phone direclty to the SMH10 I can switch between the intercom and the phone audio and back and forth. No issues.

3. What's with the clicking noises? Any fix yet?

Any suggestions for me with these 3 devices (4 if you count the 2nd headset)?

Thanks!
Phil
UPDATE -

First of all, the Sena SMH10's are amazing. I've been riding nearly everyday for the past 4 months and use the headset all the time. This is a great product!

I ditched the Zumo 550 in favor of using my HTC Evo Shift mounted via a TechMount and a Ram-HOL-PD3U This setup is working like a charm for me on my 08 Yamaha FJR. I was able to sell the Zumo for $475, I really can't believe they sell for that much!

The headset is remarkable. The charge lasts for a VERY LONG TIME! The sound quality in my Shoei RF1000 is excellent. People don't even know I'm on a bike when speaking to them on the phone.

There is no more "clicking noise" since the last FW update and selling the Zumo.

Hoping that this Inmate Special is still going on so some of my fellow riding buddies can pick up a pair.
pej7445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #755
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,987
Question for Adam. I've got a couple of the smh10's and mounts for them on three helmets. Two are the standard mounts and on my Nolan flip face I have the mount that has the mic on a cord so you can mount it in a better position. In that helmet there was a perfect spot just under the cheek pad to put it.

The question is, I just bought a Shoei Neotec modular and it doesn't look like there is going to be enough space for the same mounting. So I'm wondering if you have sold anybody a mount for the Neotec and which mount was it? I just need to figure out which to order.

thanks.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #756
tencrore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
SMH10 Ordered!

Thanks RocketMoto for the opportunity to purchase the intercom and Thanks Adam for the prompt replies to my questions!

Looking forward to using it! Will be ordering the dual set once my riding buddies see the light.

Kumar
tencrore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #757
Suter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
PM sent
Suter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #758
trizzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Thanks RocketMoto for the deal and quick shipping! Arrived in 2 days from order to my place in KY. Really appreciate your help on sorting out the extra mount issue for a modular helmet, and the friendliness of the lady I spoke with on the phone.

Whats the scoop on the 4.0 firmware? When is it going to drop? Should be any day now right???
trizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #759
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
Question for Adam. I've got a couple of the smh10's and mounts for them on three helmets. Two are the standard mounts and on my Nolan flip face I have the mount that has the mic on a cord so you can mount it in a better position. In that helmet there was a perfect spot just under the cheek pad to put it.

The question is, I just bought a Shoei Neotec modular and it doesn't look like there is going to be enough space for the same mounting. So I'm wondering if you have sold anybody a mount for the Neotec and which mount was it? I just need to figure out which to order.

thanks.
WB:

I took a brief look at the Neotec at the recent dealer's show. The construction is similar to the Schuberth C3, but the neck roll is three pieces.

You can use any of the clamp kits with the 'metal finger' as you did on the Nolan, but it's probably easier to use the adhesive mounting plate that was included with the headset kit originally. If you don't have those pieces still, call us and we'll send you one. The A0302 and A0304 clamps are best for modular helmets because they have a boom mic that is not attached to the clamp. This is the same that you used on your Nolan.

I would suggest picking up a 3M Adhesion Promoter pad, though. This will insure a proper bond between the hi-bond tape and the helmet surface. We have 'em, or you may be able to find one at a local auto body supply store. They're used for stick-on autobody trim.

Hope that helps.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #760
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
WB:

I took a brief look at the Neotec at the recent dealer's show. The construction is similar to the Schuberth C3, but the neck roll is three pieces.

You can use any of the clamp kits with the 'metal finger' as you did on the Nolan, but it's probably easier to use the adhesive mounting plate that was included with the headset kit originally. If you don't have those pieces still, call us and we'll send you one. The A0302 and A0304 clamps are best for modular helmets because they have a boom mic that is not attached to the clamp. This is the same that you used on your Nolan.

I would suggest picking up a 3M Adhesion Promoter pad, though. This will insure a proper bond between the hi-bond tape and the helmet surface. We have 'em, or you may be able to find one at a local auto body supply store. They're used for stick-on autobody trim.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #761
tdogmason
Custom ID Tags

Oddometer: 13
Pmed Information.....
tdogmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #762
ipaqpoweruser
Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer: 82
pm sent

Jl
ipaqpoweruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #763
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaqpoweruser View Post
Jl
We think we responded to everyone. If not let us know...

Tnx!
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #764
Suter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Got my dual set yesterday.

Great price and fast shipping. Thanks guys!

Updated the firmware to v3.3. Still need to mount it in the helmets. Any info when v4.0 is going to be released?
Suter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #765
625SXC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Getting ready to order a set.. GREAT PRICE! Thanks

Considering getting an extra mount and I was curious if anybody is using the "NON" boom mic model? My mouth is pretty close to the chin guard on my RF1000 Shoei.
2006 KTM 200 XC-W
2003 KTM 200SX/EXC hybrid
625SXC is offline   Reply With Quote