ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #796
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 877
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33 View Post
Received my SMH10 the other day...

Looks like a quality product (yet to hook it up and use it)... Customer service is great from this vendor though!

Thanks for the deal...........
It's our pleasure - we appreciate your business!

Please visit rocketmoto.com/review and rate your purchase experience. THANKS!
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your personal ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | Clearwater Lights | Sena Bluetooth
| Scala Rider
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #797
chomorro
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 3
Email sent yesterday for a dual sena package :)
chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #798
PDsgt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PDsgt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Corning, NY
Oddometer: 302
Recently purchsed your SMH-10. So far so good. My issue is that I am using Zumo 550, and i-phone 4s. I want to listen to music from my Zumo, and when I utilize the jog dial to restore music after using my phone, it seems to activate the music feature on my phone. I want to be able to return to the Zumo audio as I have XM radio active. How can I do this without kicking on the i-phone music.

Thank you for any assistance.
__________________
2013 Triumph Explorer
2012 Harley-Davidson Electraglide.
PDsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #799
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,685
Adam, have you guys figured out how to get V4 to play nicely with an iPhone and zumo 550? My zumo connects, but there's nothing there. At least it doesn't drop like it did before.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #800
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 877
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Recently purchsed your SMH-10. So far so good. My issue is that I am using Zumo 550, and i-phone 4s. I want to listen to music from my Zumo, and when I utilize the jog dial to restore music after using my phone, it seems to activate the music feature on my phone. I want to be able to return to the Zumo audio as I have XM radio active. How can I do this without kicking on the i-phone music.

Thank you for any assistance.
Tell me how you have things paired up? I would suggest in this order:

SMH10 -> Zumo 550
Zumo 550 -> iPhone.

Use the Zumo to to dial and receive calls from on the phone.

The Zumo 550 does not stream *stereo* MP3's, so the music on those will sound like a 1950's AM transistor radio. The XM radio on the 550 does not stream on Bluetooth - the audio only comes out of the audio-out socket on the cradle. You'd need a Bluetooth transmitter (dongle) to get the Zumo's XM into your headset - or use the less desirable option of plugging in the supplied audio lead from the cradle to the auxiliary socket on the SMH10 clamp.

The Zumo 665 will stream stereo XM and MP3's over Bluetooth.

Hope that helps.
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your personal ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | Clearwater Lights | Sena Bluetooth
| Scala Rider
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #801
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Adam, have you guys figured out how to get V4 to play nicely with an iPhone and zumo 550? My zumo connects, but there's nothing there. At least it doesn't drop like it did before.
Jim:

Been so slammed here, I haven't had a chance to test out the version 4 firmware, yet. Anyone have an Adam cloning machine???
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your personal ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | Clearwater Lights | Sena Bluetooth
| Scala Rider
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #802
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 877
Thumb YAHOO!! Sena SMH5's are here!

We just received our first big batch of SMH5 - the economy Bluetooth communicator from Sena. Check 'em out on RocketMoto.com!

No group buy at the moment, but your ADV inmate discount applies.
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your personal ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | Clearwater Lights | Sena Bluetooth
| Scala Rider
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #803
farcall
Bike-a-holic
 
farcall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
.... the Zumo 550 does not stream *stereo* MP3's, so the music on those will sound like a 1950's AM transistor radio. The XM radio on the 550 does not stream on Bluetooth - the audio only comes out of the audio-out socket on the cradle. You'd need a Bluetooth transmitter (dongle) to get the Zumo's XM into your headset...
Good advice Adam...

I wanted a BT dongle that could remain "in use" whilst recharging. I eventually found this one - http://www.maxit.com.hk/pdf/BLUE%20I...n%20Manual.pdf - and can confirm it works perfectly with my setup

Zumo 550 > MaxIT BT dongle > SMH10
Icom > SR10 > SMH10

I bought my BT dongle from here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MaxIT-Blue...#ht_1391wt_932
__________________
01 Africa Twin RD07A (x2)
05 HP2
09 R1200GSA
farcall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #804
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Jim:

Been so slammed here, I haven't had a chance to test out the version 4 firmware, yet. Anyone have an Adam cloning machine???
I bet youll figure it out when you have time!
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #805
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
We just received our first big batch of SMH5 - the economy Bluetooth communicator....
Could you give us a quick rundown of what's different from the 10?

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #806
PDsgt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PDsgt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Corning, NY
Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Recently purchsed your SMH-10. So far so good. My issue is that I am using Zumo 550, and i-phone 4s. I want to listen to music from my Zumo, and when I utilize the jog dial to restore music after using my phone, it seems to activate the music feature on my phone. I want to be able to return to the Zumo audio as I have XM radio active. How can I do this without kicking on the i-phone music.

Thank you for any assistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Tell me how you have things paired up? I would suggest in this order:

SMH10 -> Zumo 550
Zumo 550 -> iPhone.

Use the Zumo to to dial and receive calls from on the phone.

The Zumo 550 does not stream *stereo* MP3's, so the music on those will sound like a 1950's AM transistor radio. The XM radio on the 550 does not stream on Bluetooth - the audio only comes out of the audio-out socket on the cradle. You'd need a Bluetooth transmitter (dongle) to get the Zumo's XM into your headset - or use the less desirable option of plugging in the supplied audio lead from the cradle to the auxiliary socket on the SMH10 clamp.

The Zumo 665 will stream stereo XM and MP3's over Bluetooth.

Hope that helps.
I feel pretty stupid right now. I actually paired everything to everything. So the SMH-10 was paired to the phone and the Zumo. And the Zumo was paired to the phone and the SMH-10! Everything must have been fighting with each other internally. Also I didn't know that the Zumo wouldn't Bluetooth transmit. That's pretty lame.

Anyway, thanks Adam. You guys at Rocket-moto are awesome!!
__________________
2013 Triumph Explorer
2012 Harley-Davidson Electraglide.
PDsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #807
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer
 
Lomax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Westminster Colorado
Oddometer: 8,056
Subscribed to learn something.

I just updated to V4 today and am having no issues with my Zumo 550 sending music via Bluetooth to the Sena SMH10. I also have my old, non super neat phone paired to the SMH10 and it works fine also.

Now a really weird question. With the Zumo 500 paired to the Sena, when I change scale (zoom in or zoom out) is disconnects the paired intercom with another Sena unit. Taping the Jog Dial pairs them back up again but I find that strange ?????

Marc
__________________
06 KTM 450EXC, 84 R100RS LE, 89 XL600V, 2012 Stelvio, 2013 V7R, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 06 Ural
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/?sc=3



Lomax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #808
KiloBravo
Armchair Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Alabamistan
Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
disconnects the paired intercom with another Sena unit. Taping the Jog Dial pairs them back up again but I find that strange ?????

Marc
On intercom, before and now after the update to V4 on two units and we get a drop also.
One push does not reconnect, it may take several minuets to.
One unit is paired with an iphone the other is not.
KiloBravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #809
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The great state of confusion
Oddometer: 3,996
This may be of no value, but have you guys with the Zumo problems used Garmin's tool to confirm you have the latest firmware in your devices? I have found the "WebUpdater" does not work as well as actually logging in to the Garmin Website and letting it "find" your device that way.

I was having some screwy problems with my Garmin Nuvi, and the firmware update fixed it!
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #810
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 877
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
I feel pretty stupid right now. I actually paired everything to everything. So the SMH-10 was paired to the phone and the Zumo. And the Zumo was paired to the phone and the SMH-10! Everything must have been fighting with each other internally. Also I didn't know that the Zumo wouldn't Bluetooth transmit. That's pretty lame.

Anyway, thanks Adam. You guys at Rocket-moto are awesome!!
It's all part of enrolling in Bluetooth University . By the time you graduate you will have learned more than you ever wanted to know. Ten years from now, you'll look back and say - 'I remember when my phone, GPS and headset all used to fight each other for connections. It all works so much better now'...

Or maybe not .
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your personal ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | Clearwater Lights | Sena Bluetooth
| Scala Rider
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014