BMW-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #77
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
JR:

The firmware is not end-user upgradable on the Sena SMH10. If there's an issue during the warranty period, that a firmware update would address, Sena will replace the unit with the updated version. Of course, we will work with you should there be any concerns.

iPhone 3Gs (sw version 3.1.2)... We have them here, and have paired-up the Sena using the A2DP profile.
Thanks Adam!
I'm really close to pulling trigger, gotta call buddy to see if he wants a set also!

Jim
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #78
KiwiBri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Nuvi 765 should be no issue, but my wife just happens to have a 765 and I will test it tomorrow, and let you know. Stay tuned.
Any news on this? I have a 765T and have it working with my Chatterbox xbi2 and iphone. The GPS-->Chatterbox works well but when I try to use the GPS/Chatterbox/iphone together.. with the intention of the GPS controlling phone calls and music it doesnt quite work. Garmin have told me the 765T should work the same as the ZUMO 660 series - they support webpages also say it should work but I cant get it to keep the connection. I think the problem here is with the 765T when it acts as the main "hub"

When connecting to the phone or gos separately my headset had no problem.

Now, I am looking at the Sena SMH10 - and I like what I have heard and see. The controls look like they will work easily with gloves on.

I'll probably order a set
KiwiBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #79
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwGSXF
Any news on this? I have a 765T and have it working with my Chatterbox xbi2 and iphone. The GPS-->Chatterbox works well but when I try to use the GPS/Chatterbox/iphone together.. with the intention of the GPS controlling phone calls and music it doesnt quite work. Garmin have told me the 765T should work the same as the ZUMO 660 series - they support webpages also say it should work but I cant get it to keep the connection. I think the problem here is with the 765T when it acts as the main "hub"

When connecting to the phone or gos separately my headset had no problem.

Now, I am looking at the Sena SMH10 - and I like what I have heard and see. The controls look like they will work easily with gloves on.

I'll probably order a set
Thought I had answered this, but that must have been in a PM to another inmate...

We did get both to pair up. IPhone 3Gs to Sena using the A2DP profile for phone calls and iPod music. Then paired the Nuvi 765 to the iPhone using the hands-free profile, using the Nuvi as a 'gateway device' for making the and receiving phone calls.

We also paired the Nuvi 765 to the Sena independently of the iPhone pairing, since it supports a connection to a 'headset' and a 'phone'.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:00 AM   #80
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
OK, I was away for a few days at the Eastern Rendezvous, and so have not posted here yet. Here are some impressions:

First, the problem I'm having with bluetooth music breaking up: Sena replied to my support request by RMAing my units and sending new ones out last week. For all I know they'll be at my house when I finally get there some time today. They've also been very communicative and helpful, which is all good in my book.

Second, audio comms: My bike is small and a bit loud on the highway, and the Sena headset suffers a bit here when compared to the very clear noise cancellation of my old Autocom unit. I absolutely love the convenience and ease of the Sena units, though, so it's a bit of a toss-up.

Battery life has been excellent, easily making it through long days on the road.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #81
airheadpenguin
Danger to himself

Oddometer: 99
Let me know if the RMA'd ones are any better. I'm going to be seatless at some point so I can go without for a bit.
airheadpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #82
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
OK, I was away for a few days at the Eastern Rendezvous, and so have not posted here yet. Here are some impressions:

First, the problem I'm having with bluetooth music breaking up: Sena replied to my support request by RMAing my units and sending new ones out last week. For all I know they'll be at my house when I finally get there some time today. They've also been very communicative and helpful, which is all good in my book.

Second, audio comms: My bike is small and a bit loud on the highway, and the Sena headset suffers a bit here when compared to the very clear noise cancellation of my old Autocom unit. I absolutely love the convenience and ease of the Sena units, though, so it's a bit of a toss-up.

Battery life has been excellent, easily making it through long days on the road.
JD - Do let us know if the issue is resolved with a replacement unit. We want to be sure that you (and everyone) is taken care of. Of course, we can also help you with an exchange (once our inventory gets up to snuff, anyway).

As you may (or may not) know we are very experienced with Autocom and Starcom1, and specialize in all manner of some pretty sophisticated installations. Autocom, is in our opinion, the very best in terms of noise cancellation, so long as the Autocom hub is setup correctly. Bluetooth offers a significant convenience factor and cost advantage over a wired system. A wired system offers versatility in terms of the number and variety of devices that can be connected, whereas Bluetooth can be very easy or frustrating, depending on whether the devices that you want to connect (pair) are compatible with each other.

That said, if there are any issues or concerns, please do let us know, and we will help you to get answers or work towards a resolution, if we aren't able to resolve it for you.

Thanks!
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 AM   #83
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Adam,

Now that I'm up to it I've sent an email to you detailing the communications between Sena and me. I'm sure it will be worked out on one side or the other, and I can't certainly can't fault them for their response time to this.

I'm not convinced that it's not a phone issue, but at least the additional headset will give me an opportunity to test it.

I agree with your assessment of bluetooth vs. wired technologies. If real-time communication is absolutely critical, Autocom is the way to go. If you can deal with the occasional bit of interference and waiting a moment for connections to be established, and your riding environment is quiet enough, the Sena headset is a great and very convenient option.

JD
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #84
BadRap
2 wheels today

Oddometer: 7
order up!
BadRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 AM   #85
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Thumb

Now for an update.

Sena customer service very quickly shipped me a package consisting of two entirely new headsets.

I pulled one out, and the first thing I checked was the version number on the label. There was none.

I thought that was odd, but I also figured that meant it was at least somehow different from my first set. So I paired it with my phone, or tried to. I think my phone was confused by the new device with the same name, so I deleted it and was able to pair them up just fine. I put on my helmet and started the music, so far so good.

Then I paused the music, and pressed the big button to talk to someone else. Of course, I hadn't paired the damn thing with another headset, so it didn't really do much, but when I started the music again it sounded perfect!

I *had* to be sure. I pulled out the other headset and paired them together. I also paired the second one to my wife's phone. All the testing went well, with sound resuming correctly every time no matter what I did.

Then I tried getting music on my wife's new headset, and it didn't work! However, the problem was easily fixed by taking her phone back to the main screen, and off the bluetooth menu I had used to pair it up. Apparently that particular phone will only respond to the remote control from the home screen or the music app, crisis averted.

I'm quite happy with this setup now, even listening through earplugs. If and when I add to a bigger, quieter bike to the stable I can only imagine it will be even better.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #86
iamthedruman
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Stereo bluetooth transmitter recommendations?

Hi Adam,

I've got a pair of Senas on the way and I want to connect the primary to my Zumo 550. Any suggestions for a good Bluetooth transmitter? Are they all about the same? Anything worth knowing about'em?

Cheers!
iamthedruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #87
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthedruman
Hi Adam,

I've got a pair of Senas on the way and I want to connect the primary to my Zumo 550. Any suggestions for a good Bluetooth transmitter? Are they all about the same? Anything worth knowing about'em?

Cheers!
Your Zumo 550 is Bluetooth enabled. Pairing to the Sena is a snap. Call us and we can take you thru the procedure if you hit a sang.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #88
iamthedruman
n00b

Oddometer: 6
My bad, I meant a stereo bluetooth transmitter in order to get stereo MP3s.
iamthedruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #89
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Your Zumo 550 is Bluetooth enabled. Pairing to the Sena is a snap. Call us and we can take you thru the procedure if you hit a sang.
There are lots of these around...

Take a look on eBay for the Jabra A210S (be sure to get the "S" stereo version). You can typically pick one of these up for short money. Honestly, nearly any A2DP 'dongle' will do what you want. The only downside is having to recharge yet another battery.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #90
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
Now for an update.

Sena customer service very quickly shipped me a package consisting of two entirely new headsets.

[[snip]]

I'm quite happy with this setup now, even listening through earplugs. If and when I add to a bigger, quieter bike to the stable I can only imagine it will be even better.
Thanks, JD. Good to hear that the issue is resolved. Now get out there and RIDE!
| Hi-Power LED Lights