ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #91
sparkletoes
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
There are lots of these around...

Take a look on eBay for the Jabra A210S (be sure to get the "S" stereo version). You can typically pick one of these up for short money. Honestly, nearly any A2DP 'dongle' will do what you want. The only downside is having to recharge yet another battery.
Careful here - I think the Jabra A210S has a 2.5mm lead, which will not be compatible with the 3.5mm Audio Out from the Zumo 550, although an 2.5-3.5mm converter could be used, but that would be clunky on the side of the Zumo cradle. Jabra's older A120 had a 3.5mm jack, if you can find one.

As a temporary measure, I have bought the Sony TMR-BT10 for £4.99 (!), even though it has a useless charging base, but fine for day use. Comes with a 3.5mm jack. Stop gap measure until Sena bring out their own Bluetooth Audio Gateway, which hopefully will have a bike charging option and is weatherproof.

Hope this helps.
sparkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #92
Serp
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Serp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 252
Adam - I just sent you an email via advrider requesting a price for a dual kit shipped to Canada.
Thanks.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #93
Country Doc
Wanderer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: somwhere north of Kingston, Ontario
Oddometer: 2,660
Received my dual kit from Rocketmoto about a week ago, finally got around to installing them today. I installed one set on my five year old's MX helmet and one in my Arai Quantum.

Installation was dead easy as was pairing. Intercoms paired together right away, iPhone 3GS paired right away to my comm, iPod Touch paired to the boy's comm so he can listen to stories/watch movies/etc while hanging out in the sidecar.

Went for a test ride just now and it all worked well. It's easy for him to make calls and hang up, with the big jog dial button that he can operate with his small hand. Very cool. He had plenty of volume as he was behind a windshield.

I found I needed to run it pretty close to max volume to hear him easily, but there is a good amount of wind noise/turbulence that comes off the K100RS screen on the bike. Anyway, at 65mph, we could still carry on a conversation no problem, even though I had to have the volume up.

Didn't try music or cell phone yet while riding, just comm-to-comm, and for that purpose, I'd call it an unqualified success.

I listened to music over bluetooth from the iPhone while sitting inside, and it sounded ok. A bit thin, no real bass. When I cranked up the volume, it began to distort and break up - I wouldn't choose it specifically for music - but dialogue/podcasts/voice is excellent. The audio, while a bit thin, is very clear and detailed, which is nice.

So my only minor niggle is for a touch more volume (which I found a bit surprising, given the reviews that state how LOUD they are - I didn't find that to be true), other than that, these things are great, and the fact that they're easy to use for a five-year old speaks to how user-friendly they are.

Thanks Rocketmoto,

dc

Country Doc screwed with this post 05-23-2010 at 03:25 PM
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #94
G-Wing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
G-Wing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego del Sul
Oddometer: 195
Question Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
The earbud and fixed mic clamp unit headset kits, as well as accessory clamp units are *supposed to be* available in *about* three weeks. I'm not sure if that really means three weeks, or three months. I'll let everyone know when we hear more.
Any update on the 3.5mm Audio Jack Microphone Clamp Unit (Part # SMH-A0303)? I used J&M components for years but after using Big Ears I just don't want a speaker system. Thanks in advance for your help Adam
__________________
06-wr450f -bigga 'n betta
06-950 Adventure - PURE EXHILARATION!
“Life is a verb, not a noun.” ~Charlotte Perkins Gilman
"Excellent, there was a big one coming up ‘Cheap petrol in hell’, that really got me pondering, until I got a little closer and realised the ‘S’ had dropped off the sign advertising the Shell servo in Norseman. Shame really, it was a thought-provoking slogan." - Katie em

G-Wing screwed with this post 05-24-2010 at 10:47 AM
G-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #95
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Wing
Any update on the 3.5mm Audio Jack Microphone Clamp Unit (Part # SMH-A0303)? I used J&M components for years but after using Big Ears I just don't want a speaker system. Thanks in advance for your help Adam
Figure a month, plus or minus on the earbud clamp units. I'm hoping for minus, but...
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your *personal* ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #96
spenserj87
Adventurer
 
spenserj87's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Suburban SacTown
Oddometer: 45
Zumo & BB 8900 setup

Quote:
Yours:
Yours:
Power off Blackberry
Pair the Zumo to Sena using the MP3, GPS, Phone option on the Zumo - that will utilize the Sena's headset profile
Turn on the BlackBerry
Pair the BB to the Zumo. This will use the Zumo's phone/hands-free profile. You will be able to dial out and accept calls from the Zumo's screen, with the audio in the headset.
I've been trying to figure out the best way of paring the Sena with my Zumo 550 and my Blackberry 8900. I want the above setup where I can use the Zumo for calls, but I'd rather be able to listen to music using A2DP from the blackberry. If I set up the bb for A2DP music, I can't listen to the Zumo voice directions or use the Zumo for calls. If I setup through the Zumo, I can't listen to music from the bb.

It would also be nice to have full voice control of the BB, but see caller ID on the Zumo - I'm assuming I can't have both.
__________________
That which you manifest is before you - Enzo.
spenserj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #97
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenserj87
I've been trying to figure out the best way of paring the Sena with my Zumo 550 and my Blackberry 8900. I want the above setup where I can use the Zumo for calls, but I'd rather be able to listen to music using A2DP from the blackberry. If I set up the bb for A2DP music, I can't listen to the Zumo voice directions or use the Zumo for calls. If I setup through the Zumo, I can't listen to music from the bb.

It would also be nice to have full voice control of the BB, but see caller ID on the Zumo - I'm assuming I can't have both.
So - the Sena has *one* headset profile - meaning you can pair to *one* device at a time, as a headset. If you connect as a headset to the Zumo, you can't pair to the BlackBerry as a headset at the same time. This is a limitation of Bluetooth technology - all BT technology, today, and not just with the Sena.

If you were to pair your phone to the Zumo and the headset to the Zumo, the Zumo acts a a 'gateway' between the phone and headset - relaying voice for phone calls. But - as you know the Zumo 550 does not play stereo music.

Honestly, this is where wired systems like Autocom and Starcom1 have their advantages over Bluetooth. Connect it all - play in stereo, 2-way radio, etc. Bluetooth headsets like the Sena are really terrific, but the technology does have some limitations.
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your *personal* ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:55 AM   #98
JDLuke
Ravening for delight
 
JDLuke's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
So - the Sena has *one* headset profile - meaning you can pair to *one* device at a time, as a headset. If you connect as a headset to the Zumo, you can't pair to the BlackBerry as a headset at the same time. This is a limitation of Bluetooth technology - all BT technology, today, and not just with the Sena.

If you were to pair your phone to the Zumo and the headset to the Zumo, the Zumo acts a a 'gateway' between the phone and headset - relaying voice for phone calls. But - as you know the Zumo 550 does not play stereo music.

Honestly, this is where wired systems like Autocom and Starcom1 have their advantages over Bluetooth. Connect it all - play in stereo, 2-way radio, etc. Bluetooth headsets like the Sena are really terrific, but the technology does have some limitations.
It sounds like there's a niche in the market for a switching bluetooth hub, something that could integrate signals from multiple devices and pair to the headset as a single unit.
__________________
Why did I drink all of the ingredients for vomit?
"Used to be Man vs. Nature.. then Man vs. Space.. then Man vs. the Moon. Now it's Man vs. Food" - Dalar
"you cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into." - Jonathan Swift
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #99
sparkletoes
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
It sounds like there's a niche in the market for a switching bluetooth hub, something that could integrate signals from multiple devices and pair to the headset as a single unit.
I've been informed by Sang-Jin at the Paris Sena HQ that they are working on one, though not for the immediate future. I've had many emails with him, outlining the need for a Bluetooth Audio Gateway, and he is aware of the gap in the market. Requested some sort of in-use chargeable hub with the ability to do exactly what JDLuke has suggested. Sang-Jin is thoroughly on-board, but for now they are concentrating on making sure the SMH10 gets out there to customers and that they are happy.

In the meantime, as a cheap stop gap, I am using a Sony TMRBT10 (£4.99 on eBay), which holds its charge pretty well, and outputs Zumo550 stereo music to headset. Sony is not a touring option, as its charger is woeful and needs a mains plug to charge. But it'll do for the meantime. WiRevo D1000 from Benchmark Helmets will do the same thing, and has USB charging, but is considerably more expensive, though better audio quality (I have read).

Hope this helps.
sparkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #100
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The great state of confusion
Oddometer: 4,117
I spaced out and missed the group-buy, I didn't read about the closing date (either that or it wasn't posed when I found the thread and started reading)...

Anyway, so as to have something to cry in my beer about ... what was the group buy price?
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #101
Duster929
New Member!
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Toronna, Canada
Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
So - the Sena has *one* headset profile - meaning you can pair to *one* device at a time, as a headset. If you connect as a headset to the Zumo, you can't pair to the BlackBerry as a headset at the same time. This is a limitation of Bluetooth technology - all BT technology, today, and not just with the Sena.

If you were to pair your phone to the Zumo and the headset to the Zumo, the Zumo acts a a 'gateway' between the phone and headset - relaying voice for phone calls. But - as you know the Zumo 550 does not play stereo music.

Honestly, this is where wired systems like Autocom and Starcom1 have their advantages over Bluetooth. Connect it all - play in stereo, 2-way radio, etc. Bluetooth headsets like the Sena are really terrific, but the technology does have some limitations.
Wait a sec, I thought this was covered, either in this thread, or the other big Sena thread. Can't you pair the BB's two different profiles to different devices? For example, can't you pair the headset profile to the Zumo, and the AVCP (or whatever the acronym is) for music to the Sena?

Or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. I actually use the exact same equipment as the poster above (Zumo and BB8900), so I'm curious to see if this can be made to work.

--- D
__________________

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #102
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster929
Wait a sec, I thought this was covered, either in this thread, or the other big Sena thread. Can't you pair the BB's two different profiles to different devices? For example, can't you pair the headset profile to the Zumo, and the AVCP (or whatever the acronym is) for music to the Sena?

Or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. I actually use the exact same equipment as the poster above (Zumo and BB8900), so I'm curious to see if this can be made to work.

--- D
Duster --

Good question - the answer is... it depends; some phones will, and some not. The A2DP streaming music profile wants to pair to a 'headset'. The 'phone' also wants to pair to a headset (or hands-free - essentially a headset with some additional capabilities like phone book, dialpad, etc). Depending on the phone, you may be to pair to only one headset or hands-free at a time. You may be able to make phone calls over the A2DP profile and when using the phone, the music will mute and will resume when the phone call is completed.

I haven't tried the BlackBerry Curve with a Sena headset so I can't say for sure.
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your *personal* ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #103
SoCalJeff
In the wind
 
SoCalJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA
Oddometer: 211
Thumb

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. I Installed them in minutes and they work great!! Sound quality is exceptional especially with my iPod via Bluetooth.

They were backordered for a few weeks but RocketMoto called me right away and kept me informed of the situation all the way through!!

Thanks for the great deal and service!!!
__________________
___________________
2012 R1200GS Adventure
http://www.advlife.us
SoCalJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #104
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles
 
RocketMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: New Haamsha, USA
Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJeff
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. I Installed them in minutes and they work great!! Sound quality is exceptional especially with my iPod via Bluetooth.

They were backordered for a few weeks but RocketMoto called me right away and kept me informed of the situation all the way through!!

Thanks for the great deal and service!!!
Thanks, Jeff! Glad you like 'em - and we do apologize for the wait. If we had 'em we could sell a thousand of these. Heck - it was tough enough to get the first hundred and get them all shipped .

More coming end of next week, folks. Get 'em while the gettin's good!
__________________
=Adam=
Like us on Facebook -- Follow us on Twitter
PM us for your *personal* ADVRider discount code to use at RocketMoto.com
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design


RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #105
mtncrawler
Beastly Adventurer
 
mtncrawler's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Oddometer: 1,046
Hey Adam - Got your PM response a week or so back. Thanks!

Just talked with your partner in crime Dave and placed my order

Waiting patiently for the card to get zapped!

Mike
__________________
2009 BMW R1200 GSA..
2007 BMW 650 XChallenge..
2004 BMW R1150 GSA (Gone.. )
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014