Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #136
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,345

Aidan got some parts for his TY 80 today...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #137
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post

Aidan got some parts for his TY 80 today...

Keep that baby running!!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #138
Garthe

Just for the hell of it...I have to share a funny thing about that photo.

When I was the same age as my son. My dad took me on a fishing trip. He caught a good size bass. He was drunk at the time and thought it would be cool for me to hold the fish as he took the picture. I was scared to DEATH and was afraid to hold the fish. He got pissed, I got more scared, he got more pissed. Finally he took the picture. I look HORRIFIED in the picture, I still have it.

When I put down the parts on the table...I had Aidan stand were he is standing. He was soooo happy to see the new parts. Then I had a 'flash' back to the fish photo. I started laughing out loud. He says, 'whats so funny daddy'... I say 'oh nothing'. 'Here, why don't you hold up the exhaust while I take the picture'. 'Sure daddy'...

Each generation things get a little better...

Garthe screwed with this post 01-18-2011 at 11:20 PM
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #139
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,853
Love it!!!!
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #140
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,354
Good to see a smile on a kid's face!
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #141
Garthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Good to see a smile on a kid's face!
Well, your responsible for helping put it there. Thank you so much for the parts AND waiting...Everything came as promised. The parts are in great shape and just need some 'restoring'. He is going to his first Trials event in two weeks. He won't be riding and neither will I (I'm still rehabbing from a injury). BUT, I will be setting the hook for him starting to ride the TY 80. I did the same thing with BMX. We went to see the event (BMX)...he saw the kids ripping it up...he told me he had to do it. This will go the same way.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #142
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

kids & bikes

So a few weeks back I was in the garage looking for something or another with my 3-1/2 year old daughter in tow. She asked, "What's that stuff?" in reference to the pile of dirt bike parts against the wall. I told her those are parts for little dirt bikes. She asks if they are for kids. So I told her yes, and when she gets bigger maybe I'll fix one up for her and her brother to ride. She has been very exited about the idea ever since, and wants to help me fix it up!

The XR75 is the most likely candidate for this project - I guess I'll need to start gathering parts. In reality, it will be years before she'd be big enough to ride it (she's really small even for her age) and I'd probably have to get something smaller for her to start on before the XR, but the prospect of rebuilding that bike with her (and her little brother as he gets old enough) has me exited. That will be quality time!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #143
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
So a few weeks back I was in the garage looking for something or another with my 3-1/2 year old daughter in tow. She asked, "What's that stuff?" in reference to the pile of dirt bike parts against the wall. I told her those are parts for little dirt bikes. She asks if they are for kids. So I told her yes, and when she gets bigger maybe I'll fix one up for her and her brother to ride. She has been very exited about the idea ever since, and wants to help me fix it up!

The XR75 is the most likely candidate for this project - I guess I'll need to start gathering parts. In reality, it will be years before she'd be big enough to ride it (she's really small even for her age) and I'd probably have to get something smaller for her to start on before the XR, but the prospect of rebuilding that bike with her (and her little brother as he gets old enough) has me exited. That will be quality time!
She sounds like a good canditate for an Oset until she's big enough for the XR75. They are great starter bikes to learn balance and basic two wheeler riding skills. You could be building the XR in the meantime!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #144
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
She sounds like a good canditate for an Oset until she's big enough for the XR75. They are great starter bikes to learn balance and basic two wheeler riding skills. You could be building the XR in the meantime!
Thanks for the tip...I hadn't heard of those. Look like a blast for the little ones - and maybe the bigger ones too.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #145
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Pic of the NMTA TY80 League of Extraordinary Gentlemen at the NMTA Awards Ceremony today! The reward for beating the living s**t out of the TY for a full season!!

Congrats to Elwood, Fearless, MooMoo and our own Brewtus!!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #146
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

To be sure, a great time was had by all. Too bad Greg "The Hammer" Arrants was not there to share the glory with his fellow League members.

A pic of what the plaque looked like-

Each plaque had the rider's beer preference on the bottom. Lance's (the TY Champion) also had the Advil logo added.

The TY plaque along with the NMTA plaque....

The club had nothing to do with the TY plaques. We did that all on our own. We did not tell Lance, as it was a surprise to him at the banquet.

We've had a lot of fun with the little bike so far. This year will be no different!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #147
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
We've had a lot of fun with the little bike so far. This year will be no different!
Why don't you give that poor TY a break and beat up on some poor, unsuspecting Oset or something!!

NMTrailboss screwed with this post 01-22-2011 at 09:55 PM
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #148
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
Why don't you give that poor TY a break and beat up on some poor, unsuspecting Oset of something!!

Wouldn't hold up!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #149
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
Dang ... ya'll are making me want to find a TY-80 and corral a few friends into a similiar dealio.

Dooooo it!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #150
neilking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Brewtus, I need to get with you to see what shocks you use and any other mods that need to be done so hefty elderly gentlemen can ride the TY reliably. Not that you or any of the NM Team TY80 are hefty elderly gentlemen.
13 Factory Beta 250
neilking is offline   Reply With Quote