User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #796
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,629
Talking

Stopped off on the other side of Snoqualmie Pass, in Enum Claw (or sumptin' like that...)

There's still snow up in them thar' hills - but then, it was pretty nice at elevation - time for the halters and shorts, yeah...

NO! I did NOT take any pictures, what kinda' guy you think I am, anyways?!
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #797
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

This 'un here was on the other side of the valley from the drop.
ranch - you know where I'm talkin' 'bout. :willis
Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #798
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,839

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #799
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

...after a long and arduous journey, REWARD!

Not to nit-pick, but it's kinda' "in my lane" so I'll just say, packing and preservation: fail
Good effort though... please don't be mad.
The plastic bag was a good barrier material, but the inner wrap - the cloth bag... it trapped condensation generated IN the plastic bag and held it close to Sr. Nutsy.

I hate to say it - but I had to, umm, well, Sr. Nutsy no longer has a sack.

...ya' don't think THAT's why he's into my biers, doya?!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #800
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Once we got into camp for the night (Lake Chelan SP - nice little spot) and I got some grub, Sr. Dusty was in need of some maintenance - all that time in the cold cold ground [/tasmanian devil] - he needed to get HOT HOT HOT!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #801
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Cool2

Next morning, we packed up and headed outa' town - there were two Bald Eagles circling over the lake - oh, and I almost forgot - after the grab, as I was motoring North on the 155, I was lucky enough to see a momma' black bear & cub "coming through the wire" along the side of the road. Did. Not. Stop.

She looked up as I came over the top of a hill and gave me that "Aroouh?" look - she was half-way through it - cub already on my side, about 30 yards off the road. THAT's the sorta' picture I would love to have, but will just have to settle for memory. :sigh

OH yeah - and that 155 was an AWESOME road, thanks! I musta' cruised up-n-down that thing a couple times looking for the 'squatch - missed him the first time because I was headed south... maybe a little fast, too.
Don't say you wouldna!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #802
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Senor Lusty was feelin' kinda' hungry... so was I - that 3.5 oz tin of kippers and bag-o-chips wasn't very filling for dinner... so we stopped off in Leavenworth, Washington (NOT Kansas... ) for breakfast.

Hey - Germany is nine hours ahead of us, it was, like, 7:30 pm or sumptin' Duetsches Time!

Lusty made a new friend or two... guess he LIKES metal folk. Maybe I can find the tinman...
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #803
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

After havin' indulged for brunch, we had to burn off some time... so we did what EVERYbody does in Leavenworth - visited the stores!
The Hat store (or some such...) is where you find people spending good money on silly (and cheap - but who am I to say) but not inexpensive party hats.

Sr. Crusty liked this one - but they didn't have one in his size

:phew
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #804
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,684
WOW....a full report to say the least!!! Well done sir!!

(oh, and I love yer sled!!)

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #805
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

dammit - fuzzy pictures and now I can't even FIND one! Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it.

There was also a store - "Jubilee Fair Trade" that we visited.
Now, I was thinkin' it'd be some kinda' barter, and was wondering what I could get for old Senior Busty... but no it wasn't that kinda' trade.

(not the hat)
http://www.jubileeglobalgifts.com/fairtrade.html

The gal behind the counter was passionate about their cause, and took the time to explain lotsa' stuff to this old-timer - didn't walk out with anything, as it wasn't really ~my thing~ that they sell up there, but I dig the message. Check it out. ...or don't - it's cool.

Filled the tank and burned the ~180 miles home, downloaded the bags and then took the little bike (DR 200 YaY ) for another ~100 miles, but that's another story.

THE PLAN: Sr. Nutshell will get a little buff while he's visiting... think "Wizard of Oz - Tin man, Lion, Scarecrow and Dorothy at the Salon"
Then, maybe, in a week or two... THE DROP.

Oh - quitcher' whinin' - he's movin' ain't he?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #806
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
WOW....a full report to say the least!!! Well done sir!!

(oh, and I love yer sled!!)
Thanks Pat - not sure on your choice of words though...
Der Biermanns Schlitten is my sled - an R100RT w/Ural Sidecar... it's the "heavy hauler" of the fleet. "Francis" there is swift and sure of foot... the long-haul rides generally go to him. Frank hadn't had a workout since December, while the Schlitten and the new-to-me little bike have been at least gettin' day-rides... man I love that old bike. Hell, they're ALL fun!

One last shot for the day:

Just so's y'all know who to chuck rocks at...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #807
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post
Thanks Pat

"Francis" there is swift and sure of foot... the long-haul rides generally go to him. Frank hadn't had a workout since December, while the Schlitten and the new-to-me little bike have been at least gettin' day-rides... man I love that old bike. Hell, they're ALL fun!
Tony...2 quick corrections fer yas...

1st......it's PATRICK
(Please & Thankyou!! )

and second...

this is the 'real' Frank, as in Frankenstein!!.....

but hey....it's all good!! keep up the good work son!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #808
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
good job Tony
Old 04-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #809
4jranch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
[QUOTE=tony the tiger;18528056]...Not to nit-pick, but it's kinda' "in my lane" so I'll just say, packing and preservation: fail
Good effort though... please don't be mad.
The plastic bag was a good barrier material, but the inner wrap - the cloth bag... it trapped condensation generated IN the plastic bag and held it close to Sr. Nutsy.[QUOTE]

I beg to differ.
1st, when we had Sr. Nutsy he still had a nut sack that was with him when we met.
2nd, when we dropped him we had no idea it would be for 7 months.
3rd, he was found exactly were he was dropped, inspire of the snow, ice and frigid comments.

Glad you picked him up and he is finally on the move again.
As far as the 2 week delay before the next drop, I doubt any will get too concerned.
Thanks for taking the heat off us, although we are from Texas and can take the it.
4jranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #810
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,344
Tony the Tiger, does not matter how long it take to make the drop. Just keep the pics of Mr. Nutsy's adventures coming.