User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
harcus OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
New supplier for Dual Sport Farkles

The purpose of this thread is to introduce us as a new supplier of equipment for dual sport motorcycles. I know, there are many suppliers out there. We believe that we can add some new creative products that meet the need of our sport for lightweight reliability.

The products are designed & manufactured by Real Tyme Engineering (RTE) of Salt Lake City, UT, and will be marketed by Advbiker.com. The web site is in work but not quite ready so we will introduce the product in this forum. We will also announce when the web site is up & running.
In the mean time, anything I announce here is available so contact me through this site (advrider.com). Additionally, I can be reached at 801.913.4116.
At this time, the product line consists of the following items:
1.World Tour Luggage – A composite saddle bags with a robust steel tube rack support and quick release latch system.
2.Windshield – A unique dual position windshield for dual sports.
3.Crash bars – Wrap around full coverage bars.
4.Throttle lock – A new type of throttle lock for those log slab runs.
5.Skid plate – A wrap around composite protection system to save those cases.
6.Top box – A top box will be added to the luggage system.
These products have been in development for over 2 years. Product development is complete or in process for the following models.
1.KTM 950 / 990 Adventure
2.KTM 950 Super Enduro
3.Honda XR650R
4.Kawasaki KLR 650 Old model (up thru 2007)
5.Kawasaki KLR 650 New model (2008 & on)

Additional models are in work. Let us know of your needs.

In this thread we will feature the World Tour Luggage…..
1.World Tour Luggage
The luggage system consists of a large top rack and luggage support brackets securely attached to the frame with custom designed lockable luggage. We call it World Tour because that is the purpose. Go do that tour you always wanted to do without fear of searching for a repair man in Timbuktu…or wherever.

The Honda XR650R…

The KTM 950 SE…

The KTM 990 Adventure…

The old Kawasaki KLR650 (thru 2007)…

The new Kawasaki KLR650 (2008 & on)…

The saddle bags have many features that set them apart from the competition.
1.One bag fits all - Note that the same saddle bag is used on all bikes shown in the above figures. This is a key feature of the product: all bikes use the same bags. Only the rack system changes to fit the individual attach points on each frame. This means you buy only one set of bags and move them between your different bikes. You may own an XR, a KTM, a KLR....whatever. You save money & avoid packing & repacking.

2.Top rack with bag supports – The RTE luggage system is based a sturdy top rack. The rack and all support structures are made from mandrel formed .75 in (19mm) diameter steel tube that is MIG/TIG welded. All racks and brackets attach to existing structure points on the frame. On many bikes, like the XR, there are added support struts that triangulate the structure to avoid subframe issues. All steel is powder coated black for durability.

3.Stiffness (save a subframe) – Several offroad bikes like the XR or SE have very light weight subframes. Attaching even a small rack to the subframe allows you to apply more load to the subframe than it can support particularly under fatigue loads like an off road bike applies. This is virtually guaranteed to crack the subframe, the only question is how soon. The design of the RTW rack system uses fore stays that extend down and forward to existing attach points on the frame to stiffen the whole system tremendously.
Here you see the top rack and luggage attach brackets on a KTM 990 Adventure…

Here you see the system on a XR650R. Note that the XR includes LED turn signal lights that are tucked up under the rack…

4.Quick release – Each bag is attached to the support bracket with a Quick Latch. The Quick Latch is a lockable quick release latch that mates to the standard luggage loop. This means you can move the bag from the bike for transfer between bikes or to your hotel room in less than a minute.

5.Saddle bag, hard – Custom designed hard fiberglass saddle bags are available. They are manufactured of fiberglass luggage to withstand the abuse of the dual sport environment. You know what I mean. You are climbing a hill and suddenly the bike is on it’s side. On a rock.
It was selected for this application because of superior fracture resistance. Fiberglass is commonly used military armor. It works well to stop bullets and shrapnel. It work well for this because it absorbs energy so well. Graphite has a high strength but will fracture instead of absorbing the energy. Aluminum will dent and tear. Fiberglass deflects and bounces back. It is extremely difficult to propagate a crack in composite material due to the various fibers orientations and laminations.
The baseline hard bag size is 18 inches long x 15 inches high x 8 inches wide (457mm x 381mm x 203mm) with integral stiffening beads & features to save weight. This provides 35 liters of storage per bag. Additional sizes will be introduced soon. The bag weight with Quick Latch installed is 8 lbs/each. That is less than many competing bags without their attach hardware. The bag is top loading with a compression seal for the hinged top. A lockable latch restrains the top for security. No padlocks required. Lifting handles, which double as load tie down points, are provided on the top.

6.Saddle bag, soft – A soft bag option is in design. This will allow a rapid change from soft bags to hard bags. Many rides like soft bags for a one day ride but want the option for bigger, more robust hard bags for that trip to Alaska. Our system will make that possible.
Coming soon…..

7.Fuel can, hard saddle bag mounted – An approved 5 liter fuel can with rack is an available as an option for each hard saddle bag. This is peace of mind. Here in Utah, an extra 10 liters of fuel in the middle of the desert is priceless. See the gas can on the photo above.

8.Fuel can, stand alone – A Kolpin fuel can is available a with a special Quick Latch bracket for use without saddle bags or with a saddle bag on one side of the bike only.
Coming soon…..
9.Load carrying capability – Nearly all motorcycle manufactures label their product with load limits in the range of 22 lbs (10 kg). This is not the case here. We don’t know the limit. We have been developing these for several years and regularly carry 5 liters of gas on each bag (8 lbs) & plenty of tools, gear, etc. This usually amounts to about 50-60 lbs per bag. We are yet to see a failure. Here is the 990 Adventure loaded with a tent, sleeping bag, food, tools, clothes, fuel and all on a recent trip to Moab. This is the lunch break…

10.Pricing
The pricing will vary slightly by application since some have more features than others such as the lights that are installed on the XR.
Discount – We will provide a 10% discount for all Advrider members.

Contact me by PM for added info until we have the web site operational.

harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Kjharn
Hrmph?

Oddometer: 1,139
Looks like some high quality stuff! Well done
Old 12-31-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,045
Very nice looking luggage and trick mounting system.. will be looking for your website when it's online and to see your pricing structure

Thanks for the 10% ADV inmate discount, I will add you to the discount thread.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Dr650?
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
Scarred Adventurer

Oddometer: 970
Thumb

The racks look darn nice. Congrats. I'll look forward to the website.
685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,646
New products

Get the F800 on your list! Might be an idea to create a mounting system that is compatible with the SW Motech racks that a lot of people already have for their Trax, H&B, Givi and Caribou setups on the BMW.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
killurtv
free range moron

Oddometer: 632
Nice looking gear you have there, are your racks compatible with the Neduro auxiliary fuel tank?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Bike4Fun
Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley
Get the F800 on your list! Might be an idea to create a mounting system that is compatible with the SW Motech racks that a lot of people already have for their Trax, H&B, Givi and Caribou setups on the BMW.
Definitely missing the boat if you aren't working on anything for the hottest adventure bike of the decade and the bike of the year for 2009!
Bike4Fun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
harcus OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckey
Dr650?
It's on the "ToDo" list...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
harcus OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley
The F800 is on the list as well...

I'll check the SW racks too....
Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
cueball
should'a walked it first

Oddometer: 738
how about the ktm 640 & bmw r100gs?? i would really like an interchangeable luggage set-up for these two.
cueball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #12
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus
It's on the "ToDo" list...
Good. I'm currently running Dirt Bagz and they are OK - but not waterproof and hard to remove. These are the first hard bags I'd consider putting on the DR!
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,218
Do you offer just the bags without the racks?

Interested in more info on KLR windshield <07
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
harcus OP
Beastly Adventurer

Panniers of New KLR

We made the first delivery of the rack and pannier set for the new Kawasaki KLR 650 (2008 & on). This system incorporates the stock KLR turn signals and helmet lock. All metal is powder coated satin black.

Panniers (Bags)are water tight, locks on lids & Quick Latch are included.

Take a look...

What you see here is .....

- Rack & pannier support bracket set......$330
- Pannier set with Quick Latches............$550
Total............................................. .....$880

- Advrider good guy discount @ 10%.... - $88
- Estimated shipping in USA............... $80

Total on your doorstep........................ $872

Installs in 20 minutes.

Let me know if there are questions.

Jim

Current rides - '03 ST1300 74k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
Old 02-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
craftycoder
Android GPS Software

Oddometer: 2,095
G650x farkles are always in need. Parts for the 2009s with the steel subframe are few and far between.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote