Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #106
simonpig
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,014
+1 Cop was pu**y. Not qualified to wear a uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonebag
That Cop was a frightened baby...and he only shot the guy cause he had the audacity to show a little horsepower on their takeoff...only reason..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #107
PerfectStranger
Systema Encéphale

Oddometer: 366
I think that the cop from this story is asking for a retrial. Maybe he wants a jury of cops.

Was talking to a friend who lives in Toledo (my old hometown) and he mentioned something about it.
PerfectStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #108
GreenGene
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectStranger
I think that the cop from this story is asking for a retrial. Maybe he wants a jury of cops.

Was talking to a friend who lives in Toledo (my old hometown) and he mentioned something about it.
Correct. I'm just south of Toledo... I've been watching this story unfold from the beginning. The Toledo Blade reported yesterday that the officer is seeking a new trial. I'm hoping the judge denies the request.
GreenGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #109
PerfectStranger
Systema Encéphale

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xskydiver
And a jury of one's peers SHOULD mean that a cop would be judged by cops.
I'm thinking that you probably should not be an officer of the law. Maybe an officer of the court would better suit you. It's not an 'us vs. them' thing. You're still just one of us lowly citizens, no matter what you whisper to each other in your circle jerks.

Officers like you are the reason that myself and others have no trust in the police. I harbor no ill will towards police, but I sure don't trust them.
PerfectStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #110
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xskydiver
According to FBI statistics approximately 150 cops are killed each year in the U.S. How many convenience store clerks are?

I hate it when people make statements with no basis. And a jury of one's peers SHOULD mean that a cop would be judged by cops. Unless you have worn a gun to work and sworn an oath to protect you have no basis of knowledge to judge someone who has.
By that very same reasoning...
Anyone who goes to trial should be judged by their peers as well = people who have been convicted or charged with a crime.
Imagine how that would turn out.

I was put through the system in my Youth and convicted for something I didn't do. (11-23 months sentance) It's a long story but the truth came out later and since I can't afford a GREAT LAWYER to undo the past, I'm still fucked to this day.
My idea of "reasonable doubt" is the fact that I wasn't there to see the crime committed and I operate under the assumption that those in "enforcement" WILL send anyone through the system to get a conviction to further their careers.

Convictions and arrest rates = good job performance and grounds for promotions and raises.
Tell me that's not incentive enough for those in Law enforcement to Lie through their Teeth.
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #111
PT Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
A few years ago the chief of our small town force spoke at a meeting I attended about the police deaths in the country in the past year. She passed out a brochure that detailed each one. About half were bull shit.

Yes, nothing is more tragic than a law enforcement officer gunned down because they wear the badge, whether it is death or serious permanent injury.

The other half were bozos wearing a badge that died either because of their own stupidity or people who had just bad luck. Car wreck while driving to or from work. Tragic for the family, but no different than you or me. Accidentally shot himself at the pistol range. No different than a roofer who falls off a roof. Two motorcycle officers riding side-by-side in the lane who crash each other. Etc., etc.

Eleven years, less time off for good behavior, is way too short for this badge wearing fool.
PT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #112
Kingsqueak
Wannabe

Oddometer: 820
Generically I don't like cops. I avoid them at all costs, it's easier that way.

On my bike it's even worse. I haven't had a ticket in 20yrs for a moving violation but have never been stopped more frequently than since I started riding. 99% of the time it's the "I couldn't see your inspection sticker" nonsense. Of course they couldn't, it's the size of a postage stamp and used to be on the fork legs....

I also carried for a living as a guard on a military post for about five years. I have a lot of perspective on use of force and have had my share of experiences.

This video though...I don't know.

"Poor young man" doesn't apply at all. Watching the video, they said something to each other at the stop sign and lit up like the tree at a raceway. Looked like they looked back and saw the car and said 'let's go' to me. I don't know, the clip started there so I didn't see what was going on beforehand.

I also have no idea if the plates were run, if these guys were known at all, if the colors the guy was wearing were known locally. Lots of information missing. I couldn't read the colors on his vest in the clip either.

So you have two guys, see a cop and blast off. On the cop's mind is what are they running from. The guys are masquerading like 'bikers'. Guess what? Whether you like cops or not, bikers will shoot a cop on sight given the chance to make their rockers. Talking affiliated bikers here...so in my eyes the weekend badass crowd that wants to dress up like them...they get what they get on some levels.

Now, maybe they weren't affiliated, maybe they were...we can't tell from the clip. Cop likely couldn't either.

With that on my own mind, I still don't think I would have shot the guy. The reach was indeed suspicious, but nothing came of it. I would have waited until I saw something or a more definitive movement was made. He pulled the trigger way early. He also broke cover of the vehicle, breaking all rules of a felony stop procedure. It's supposed to be handled by the PA horn behind cover and instructing the stopee all the way until they are lying prone on the ground. It never even got that far.

Then again...I've had the trigger halfway through a pull as the closest I've come. Guy had a knife pulled and I had nobody within 20mins of me at the time. I can tell you this. The adrenaline is so high, my ears were ringing and time just plain stopped. I was on autopilot and the guy was very very lucky to have dropped it when he did and not moved any further towards me.

I shot at least a hundred rounds a week as a range master with full access to the armory and range. A lot of guys never practice like that. Add the tension of a situation and you can have 'accidents'.

Murder...I don't know. Manslaughter, something like that, it's very very close. I don't feel like he did this in a "Hey, I want to shoot this guy" way.

It wasn't a job I wanted after I got a snoot full of the system and those attracted to it around here and most that actually do it aren't to be trusted either ;-).
Kingsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #113
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,897
You're insane. Masquarading as bikers. LOL. That's everybody on a American Twin. Imagine he actually had a gun and was trying to shoot somebody directly behind him while he's sitting on a moto. That's what I thought. Totally absurd. I only hope he gets the pedo treatment in prison.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #114
Geoff Hayes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Eh?

First off everyone who defended this Leo is a twisted piece of shit. Cops deal with armed people everyday. Here in missouri it requires no liscencing what so ever to keep a loaded pistol in your vehicle and a good percentage of people do. It's just buisness for these guys. Standard protocol is not to disable the "suspect" by paralizing him. Secondly, my line of work puts me on contact with cops on a dayly basis. I'm a gunsmith and we service many large law enforcement departments. I have many friends who are cops, we laugh, joke, and text each other dirty pics. They are good friends. But here is the FACT about being a cop. NO ONE does it to protect and serve!!!! They do it because they 1: like the power, 2: got their ass kicked and girlfriend stolen in highschool, or 3: have a short penis and need to prove their manlyness in other ways. Seriously, I'm not trying to bad mouth cops! My cousin, boss, wife's cousin, and a very good friend of mine are all cops. This is just how they are! And every night when they lay down In bed they think about shooting evil doers and making the evening news. Then they rub their short dicks until sleep comes. Just saying.

Oh yeah, and as far as the "biker" thing goes. I'm a "biker" one of my bikes was build in japan and the other was loveingly assembled in Germany. I don't wear leather I wear cordura and I ride because it makes me happy not because I think it's cool. I don't think I should be shot in the back for this.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #115
GreenGene
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Sentenced today

From today's (06/21/2010) Toledo Blade article...

In a lengthy statement made before his sentencing, White defended his actions saying he acted in the way he was trained to do. He said he was "at a loss" to understand how a police officer was indicted on criminal charges "because of a split-second decision."
"On May 23, 2009, I performed and fulfilled the duties required by my oath of office as an Ohio peace officer for the Village of Ottawa Hills," he said. "…I recognize that Mr. McCloskey's injuries are unfortunate but I did what I was required to do, by law and by my oath of office."

White did not offer an apology during his statement and shook his head while Judge Cook explained that he should have taken the time to better assess the situation.

Following sentencing, White posted a $100,000 bond and was released from custody Monday afternoon pending his appeal of the case. Assistant prosecutors opposed the bond.
Judge Gary Cook sentenced White to seven years in prison for the felonious assault charge plus an additional mandatory three years for the gun specification.

The judge acknowledged White's past in law enforcement and the difficult job of police officers. But he said that White did not take the time to assess the situation so that he understood what he was encountering.
GreenGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #116
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

10 years doesn't seem like much compared to a lifetime in a chair.

But I'll call this a victory. I hope word of his crime gets out quick in prison.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #117
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene

In a lengthy statement made before his sentencing, White defended his actions saying he acted in the way he was trained to do. He said he was "at a loss" to understand how a police officer was indicted on criminal charges "because of a split-second decision."
"On May 23, 2009, I performed and fulfilled the duties required by my oath of office as an Ohio peace officer for the Village of Ottawa Hills," he said. "…I recognize that Mr. McCloskey's injuries are unfortunate but I did what I was required to do, by law and by my oath of office."

White did not offer an apology during his statement and shook his head while Judge Cook explained that he should have taken the time to better assess the situation.

wtf?!? The video's out there for all to see. If he's maintaining he was perfectly correct then he either needs either psychiatric help or a couple of extra years tacked on for being a complete dick. Is it protocol to also stand around gabbing about what to do with your partner while a paralysed man is trapped under a running bike?
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #118
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Shoot first, assess the situation later.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #119
Goran69
MNE

Oddometer: 834
Thing is that if this is correct procedure as he said and something he is trained to do.....I'd rather stay in Europe...seems to me LEOs are trained differently here
Goran69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #120
Beach40
Banned

Oddometer: 2,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene

Following sentencing, White posted a $100,000 bond and was released from custody Monday afternoon pending his appeal of the case. Assistant prosecutors opposed the bond.
Judge Gary Cook sentenced White to seven years in prison for the felonious assault charge plus an additional mandatory three years for the gun specification.

The judge acknowledged White's past in law enforcement and the difficult job of police officers. But he said that White did not take the time to assess the situation so that he understood what he was encountering.
This asshole is just a thug on the other side of the badge. The fact that he thinks he did nothing wrong proves that. If he was on the receiving end, somehow I think he would be singing a different tune.

Anyone have any word on how Mike is doing?
Beach40 is offline   Reply With Quote