ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #61
Django
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Too late. The forum auto email already sent the link to those subscribe to thread.

I'd like to start participating in the upstate TAG game. Without a web capable phone to claim the tag though, is it worth me trying to get out there and back to post the picture? Someone will surely beat me to this one. That is what is called being "Bruced", right?
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #62
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,739
Thanks I hadn't checked my mail just the site.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #63
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django
Too late. The forum auto email already sent the link to those subscribe to thread.

I'd like to start participating in the upstate TAG game. Without a web capable phone to claim the tag though, is it worth me trying to get out there and back to post the picture? Someone will surely beat me to this one. That is what is called being "Bruced", right?
Go for it. I don't have web services on my phone either. Most folks are tied up today and tomorrow with the holiday so take a chance and go get it.

For me, it's about the ride to a tag, getting the tag is just a bonus.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #64
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django

Django, I have to go to the tag, get the photo and ride back to my house to post, but I have been able to get several long distance tags so you should be able to as well. Usually I get up very early and leave the house at dawn or earlier. That way I get back before most of the players have had their breakfst I got the Oconee Nuclear Station tag (SC Tagorama) that way and that one took 8 hours in the saddle. Good luck. Rice--
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #65
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I can't post remotely either. I got bruced twice before getting my first tag. For the first one, I got up at dawn for a 4 hour round trip and got bruced by 15 min by someone posting remotely. That kinda sucked. What I do now is limit my attempts to tags that are within an hour and I take a long lunch on a work day. I don't think I'd try on a weekend unless it's a particularly interesting tag.

The creation of the upstate tag is a boon for guys like you and me. The pace should be considerably slower and that will give us a better chance. Not to mention that the drive should be much more interesting for those times that we do get bruced
PropellerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #66
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
Yea, go get the tag. I'm the type of guy that if I know someone is going out the door to go get it, even if I'm closer to the tag, I will sit tight. Shoot, I passed a guy that just grabbed a tag (without a email capable phone) and told him I'd give him an hour to post his grab before I did.

In my case today, I decided to ride up to the mountains for some good ole gravel roads, what a blast!
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #67
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Grab

Old Pickens Church
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #68
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

New Tag

Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #69
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
You guys are braver than I am riding in the mountains through thunderstorms. I've tried it a couple of times and I didn't really enjoy the experience. Doesn't help that I don't really have decent rain gear I guess. New tag is 30 min from my work too but they're calling for thunderstorms til Friday
PropellerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #70
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead
You guys are braver than I am riding in the mountains through thunderstorms. I've tried it a couple of times and I didn't really enjoy the experience. Doesn't help that I don't really have decent rain gear I guess. New tag is 30 min from my work too but they're calling for thunderstorms til Friday
I left Greenville at about 4:30 on Sunday and got home at around 7:00. Not a single drop of rain fell on me.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #71
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,820
Grab

Slabtown Cafe in the Slabtown community. The cafe is at the intersection of SC 88 and Three and Twenty Road.

Chris

Land screwed with this post 06-02-2010 at 04:14 PM
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #72
Land
Wanderer

New tag

This little community is known for its two-lap Christmas parade.

Go get it.

Chris
Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #73
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,739
This one is a little closer, keep it coming....
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #74
Land
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur
Whoever came up with this game is a fuggin' genius!

And, yes, this is my first post.......
Blur, welcome to the game. This is one of four such games in the state.

Now, fill out your profile and go grab some tags.

Chris
Old 06-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #75
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

I know this one, but I have to be at work at 11am.