Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #61
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Okay. I'm hearing that the new colour scheme is what it's going to look like and there probably aren't any other colour options.

That's a bummer. Part of what I've always liked about Klim is the subtlety of their stuff. Guess it couldn't have lasted forever.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #62
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
That's a bummer. Part of what I've always liked about Klim is the subtlety of their stuff. Guess it couldn't have lasted forever.
I have no confirmation of this, but I wonder if the colour change was to distinguish it from the Adventure Rally suit.

With the black and dark grey, it's colour scheme may have been too close to the Adventure. Changing it to the light grey sets it apart.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #63
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,278
I think KLIM just has bunch of silver material laying around. I know most of my buddies are sick of black gear. We are not Harley riders afterall. I like the new colour scheme myself.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #64
af300e
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Can the guys that have worn both the adventure rally pants and the traverse pants tell me, are they similar in weight and flexibility? Would the rally pants be good wet weather trail pants or are they too heavy and restrictive? I have a valdez jacket (love it) and now need a good pair of wet weather pants to suit.
Thanks.
af300e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #65
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,263
emailed KLIM and asked if they would consider making their Traverse or any other man's jacket in woman's sizing. I do not not like the Allure jacket and I often just do not like women designated jackets. Just my thoughts....I want to be bale to wear what you guys wear but in a different sizing.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #66
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by af300e
Can the guys that have worn both the adventure rally pants and the traverse pants tell me, are they similar in weight and flexibility? Would the rally pants be good wet weather trail pants or are they too heavy and restrictive? I have a valdez jacket (love it) and now need a good pair of wet weather pants to suit.
Thanks.
Osteo's the only one who's worn both as the Traverse isn't currently available. Shipping is expected to be the middle of September.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #67
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,621
Shouldn't this really be in Vendors....
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #68
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 3,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by af300e
Thanks.
I saw the Klim reps at the BMW MOA event in Redmond Oregon last month and got to check out both suits.

The Adventure Pants are about three times as stiff as the Traverse pants:

The main material of the Adventure pant is a 3 layer Gore-Tex Armacore (kevlar) Pro shell material with a Superfabric abrasion zone on the knees, and 3mm leather on the inside of the leg.

The main material of the Traverse pant is a 2 layer Gore-Tex material that is approximately 200 denier, the abrasion zones are a 840 denier Cordura, and the inner leg has a 2mm leather.

When compared to the Valdez jacket, I think the Traverse pants would be more similar in terms of weight.

Hope this helps.
Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #69
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor
I saw the Klim reps at the BMW MOA event in Redmond Oregon last month and got to check out both suits.

The Adventure Pants are about three times as stiff as the Traverse pants:

The main material of the Adventure pant is a 3 layer Gore-Tex Armacore (kevlar) Pro shell material with a Superfabric abrasion zone on the knees, and 3mm leather on the inside of the leg.

The main material of the Traverse pant is a 2 layer Gore-Tex material that is approximately 200 denier, the abrasion zones are a 840 denier Cordura, and the inner leg has a 2mm leather.

When compared to the Valdez jacket, I think the Traverse pants would be more similar in terms of weight.

Hope this helps.
Q~
The Valdez seems quite a bit heavier.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #70
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,587
I've worn (not ridden in) both (the proto of the traverse though). The adv felt a lot heavier weight. IMO it's overengineered and is meant for rally racers, not everyday joes. The traverse is more for us mortals. Either would be a fine choice.

Also I should add, it's not the color scheme that bugs md about the traverse production model... It's the pattern.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #71
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,640
I haven't worn the Traverse obviously (Osteo can comment), but I can tell you that I use my Adventure Rally pants for nasty, wet-weather singletrack trailriding, and they are fantastic. I find them at least, if not more comfortable than my Dakars, and they are much tougher obviously.

Lately I've just been running the D30 pads and it's a good setup. I can move well on the bike, the vents work great in the heat, and the pants are very comfy off the bike also.

It might be overkill, but hopefully they last for a good long time. I have one season on a pair of Dakars and they're already chewed up in a number of places (keep in mind I don't street ride on them - woods/trails only). I would feel a bit verklempt if I paid good $$ for a set of the Traverse pants and shredded/holed them on the second ride of the season, thus negating their waterproofness. I don't worry nearly as much about the Adv Rally pants. I don't think they're overengineered - hopefully just engineered to _last_.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #72
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Also I should add, it's not the color scheme that bugs me about the traverse production model... It's the pattern.

For me, it's the combination.

Keep the same pattern, but make it darker. Or... Make the lighter sections smaller and more symmetrical.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #73
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Shouldn't this really be in Vendors....

It's on the line. As long as those in the know are providing information, and not a sales pitch, I think the inmates benefit. When that line is crossed is obviously a discretionary call...

Full Disclosure: I just got a Traverse jacket proto in my grubby little mitts to try out (not from anyone involved in this thread, BTW). I'll share some thoughts when I've put it through the wringer.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #74
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
It's on the line. As long as those in the know are providing information, and not a sales pitch, I think the inmates benefit. When that line is crossed is obviously a discretionary call...

Full Disclosure: I just got a Traverse jacket proto in my grubby little mitts to try out (not from anyone involved in this thread, BTW). I'll share some thoughts when I've put it through the wringer.
Gotcha.

No sales pitch from me. What I'm posting is simply info relayed from whom I've ordered my Traverse Suit.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #75
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,610
Anybody have one yet? Impressions.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote