ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #61
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 875
Not so stale tag.

Glad to see you all are on the scent. I look forward to seeing who gets the thing.
Rice--
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #62
Land OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji
Perhaps if there was only one game in the state the tags wouldn't sit for so long...
Interesting theory.

Of course, it does nothing to explain why last month, when there was only one tag game in the state, a tag went unclaimed for more than a week! Or any of the other dry-ish spells in the statewide game.

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #63
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"

Oddometer: 7,960
cool

I haven't even been torturing myself with the NC tag-o-rama since being employed down here. (except for waiting for one I can grab on the way to/from home on weekends).

now I can figger out where I is down here.

Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #64
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak
cool

I haven't even been torturing myself with the NC tag-o-rama since being employed down here. (except for waiting for one I can grab on the way to/from home on weekends).

now I can figger out where I is down here.

If you don't know where you are we will try to help. Why don't you tell us what is around you (landmark features, places of business, etc.) and maybe someone can find you. Stay where you are do not wander around you will get even more lost (you might end up in the upstate with their twisty roads we will never find you).

Where abouts are you and how long are you going to be working down here? If it is near Columbia there is a dinner on Saturday the 19th at Yesterdays in 5 points at 5pm. http://www.yesterdayssc.com/ 2030 Devine St Columbia SC 29205
I have know idea who or how many will show, but you are more than welcome to join us.

caycek5 screwed with this post 06-10-2010 at 10:48 AM
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #65
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land
Interesting theory.

Of course, it does nothing to explain why last month, when there was only one tag game in the state, a tag went unclaimed for more than a week! Or any of the other dry-ish spells in the statewide game.

Chris
True, but there have also been multiple grabs in a day for the state game something that has not been seen in the regional games. So remind us how the 6 hr time limit to post a new tag has sped up the game?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #66
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
True

Quote:
but there have also been multiple grabs in a day for the state game something that has not been seen in the regional games.
Whether or not that's a good thing in these games is a debatable point, and I'll be happy to debate it with you the next time we're in a place that you can buy me a beer.

Quote:
So remind us how the 6 hr time limit to post a new tag has sped up the game?

Not sure what the six-hour rule has to do with the kalonji post that I quoted about how many games there are in the state, but 6 is less than 24, so there's the potential, at least, for the game to move along a little more quickly. That does not necessarily mean that I think that that is as better scenario.

It's been apparent to me for a long time that the state can support more than one tag game. Just go back through the statewide game thread and look at how it has often been a series of regional games centered around Greenville, Columbia and Charleston.

I've been an advocate in the statewide game from my first grab and post for moving the tag relatively big distances, BTW.

Go ride, and grab a tag or two.

Chris
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #67
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Interesting theory.

I think it was my tag that sat so long. I may have even offered to go get it myself. I guess some people just aren't up for ADVENTURES and want tags in their back yards. That's the only theory I really have to explain the necessity or desire for so many games in such a small spot. I patiently waited and lurked all winter long for the tag to move south. Other people i guess don't prescribe to that method of playing. Like any of this matters the games are here and they aren't going anywhere like it or not. I don't. I may start bitching threads for each of the TOR if Caycek doesn't beat me to it.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #68
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 875
Mind games.

Okay. Since nobody seems to be going for the tag right away, here is a little brain teaser to keep the inmates occupied until the game starts up again.

If you are riding your motorcycle at the speed of light and you turn on your headlight will you see the beam?
Rice--
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #69
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepaddy
If you are riding your motorcycle at the speed of light and you turn on your headlight will you see the beam?
Rice--
Only if you are heading towards a plane on a treadmill.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #70
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
I guess some people just aren't up for ADVENTURES and want tags in their back yards.That's the only theory I really have to explain the necessity or desire for so many games in such a small spot. I patiently waited and lurked all winter long for the tag to move south. Other people i guess don't prescribe to that method of playing.

That's some funny schtuff right there!
[Gomer Pyle voice] I laaft and laaft and laaft. [Gomer Pyle voice off]

Quote:
Like any of this matters the games are here and they aren't going anywhere like it or not. I don't.
I'm truly not trying to be a smartass with this next sentence, okay? The solution to that is to simply not play them. Nobody's forcing you to -- or are they? You don't even have to click on the threads. I don't click on the threads for lots of tag games that I'm not interested in playing.

Quote:
I may start bitching threads for each of the TOR if Caycek doesn't beat me to it.

A bitchin' thread is worthless outside of JoMomma. If you do start one in JoMomma, please copy and paste your last post into the thread. Pretty please? And please name names in it of people who, as you put it, "just aren't up for ADVENTURES." I'm curious.

Go grab a tag.

Chris
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #71
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Go grab a tag.

Chris
Just as soon as my new chain comes in. And I put it on of course. Should be here tuesday.

I have trouble not viewing the OTHER three tags as I feel they are an extension of the original. I wasn't aiming that "ADVENTURE" comment at anyone in particular esp. not you. Don't take it the wrong way. I just feel that is a general sentiment that must exist for these games to arise.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #72
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Only if you are heading towards a plane on a treadmill.
My treadmill only goes to 8. I know, I tried to find one that was black and went to 11.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #73
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
I tried to find one that was black and went to 11.
I wish I believed that were the first time you've ever said those words.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #74
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon
touché,

It was intended to be a Spinal Tap reference. I see where your mind is though.

well played.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #75
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon

Y'all crack me up.

Rice,
I, for one, could use another clue. My Google fu is weak on this one.

Chris