Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #211
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,849
Update from my side: I now bought the Hattech Double Exhaust, according to Hattech it will get shipped next week. Unfortunately I will probably take forever to get here ... Hatt was really good and easy to deal with, totally relaxed and helpful. Will see how it looks when the exhaust gets here. I hope it's too much louder than stock.

Good think for you guys will be that you'll get lots more photos as soon as that piece arrives here.

For the others exhaust options: I think the Metal Mule might not fit, going back and forth through the photos about a thousand times and from Keihan I never heard back. Tried to contact them a few times by mail (I always have a hard time calling to Europe during business hours) and never heard anything.

Now, coming back full circle to side luggage:

1) Did you make progress on your fun bags? Fun bags with Pilot mounts?

2) Any more info about pricing for the V-Pilot?

And last but not least, have you ever considered making a 9" V2? I went through the things I'd like to pack and 8" will squeeze them, 10" will make my cute rear look fat, but 9" might just be perfect ...

That reminds me of another question I had and forgot to ask: what is the door opening size of the V2?

Thanks again!
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #212
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post

1) Did you make progress on your fun bags? Fun bags with Pilot mounts?

2) Any more info about pricing for the V-Pilot?

And last but not least, have you ever considered making a 9" V2? I went through the things I'd like to pack and 8" will squeeze them, 10" will make my cute rear look fat, but 9" might just be perfect ...

That reminds me of another question I had and forgot to ask: what is the door opening size of the V2?

Thanks again!
Cug,

We've played around with the Fun Bags a bit more. We're not not ready to go to market yet. It's a nice and simple design but is not as durable as current Micatech panniers. Not sure if we're willing to put our name on them. We'll keep you posted however.

The V-Pilots will go up on the website next week. They are priced at:
Two 8" Cases - $1,175
Two 10" Cases - $1,195
Ah yes, the Goldilocks syndrome . We have thought about a 9" V2. A few folks have also inquired. No plans yet though.

The V2 door opening dimensions are show below. These are NOT the dimensions of the V2 case. Instead, they are only the dimensions of the door opening.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #213
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFreakRob View Post
Please let me know (PM) when I can buy a rack & top case for the 800XC.
Certainly! When does your bike arrive?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #214
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micatech View Post
The V-Pilots will go up on the website next week. They are priced at:
Two 8" Cases - $1,175
Two 10" Cases - $1,195
I see. Haven't expected that they would be that much more than the V2. Just another $100 for the Pilots. Okay.

How much are custom painted doors? Like black cases, white doors?

Quote:
The V2 door opening dimensions are show below. These are NOT the dimensions of the V2 case. Instead, they are only the dimensions of the door opening.
Thanks, that helps.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #215
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
How much are custom painted doors? Like black cases, white doors?
$25/set extra to have the cases one color and the doors another color. This is for our 3 standard colors (Black, Vein, Gray). Custom colors (like white) will be extra because we don't keep the powder in stock. Give us a call and we can discuss custom colors.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #216
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Thumb Micatech Backrest - Now Available

The new Micatech "If she ain't happy, you ain't happy" Top Case Backrest adds comfort and enjoyment to your ride. For your passenger, hours in the saddle will feel like minutes. The slick design and rugged construction are made to withstand rain, mud, snow, sand, dust and dirt. Whether you're riding around town or around the world through the hottest deserts and the coldest mountain passes, the Micatech Backrest will keep your passenger comfortably enjoying the ride.

Designed specifically to fit with all Micatech Top Cases, the Backrest firmly attaches using industrial strength 3M Dual Lock™ fasteners. Easily adjust the Backrest for the perfect position. Installation takes seconds and no tools are required.

Specifications:
- Made in the USA
- Upper Size:
------ Height: 2.5"
------ Width: 10"
------ Thickness: 1"
- Lower Size:
------ Height: 6”
------ Width: 10"
------ Thickness: 2"
- Price: $99 per set.
- Color: Black with a light carbon fiber texture.
- Designed to work with all three sized Micatech top cases.
- Constructed with a sturdy HDPE plastic frame, comfortably firm foam and wrapped in weatherproof vinyl.

Production units are available now. The website will be updated shortly. In the mean time, feel free to give us a call and place your order.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #217
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:

This is really helpful info, with the true shape defined. For the overall V2 cases you say:
Case Dimensions:
L=18", W = 8" or 10", H = 15.5"

Could you give a similar true shape dimension of the full V2 case, please?

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #218
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
This is really helpful info, with the true shape defined. For the overall V2 cases you say:
Case Dimensions:
L=18", W = 8" or 10", H = 15.5"

Could you give a similar true shape dimension of the full V2 case, please?

Hey Wadester,

Ya, the website dimensions are a bit vague. We're working on a better way to present this information. In the mean time, take a look at this quick mock-up. Thanks for your interest.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #219
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Roof Rack Review

An author Web Bike World has just published a review of the Micatech Roof Racks. Have a look.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ch-roof-racks/

Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #220
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Wicked V-Pilots Now Available!

The V-Pilots are now available! Thanks to everyone who offered feedback along the way. Now you can enjoy the elegance of the rugged Pilot Mounting System with a more narrow pannier set.

Price: Includes all mounting hardware and exhaust lowering kit.
$1,175 - Two 8" cases
$1,195 - Two 10" cases
Feel free to give us a call with any questions and to place an order. Our website will be updated shortly. Until then, here's a sneak peak...

From the side

Without the cases (shows the exhaust lowering kit)

From the rear (note: photo shows an earlier prototype exhaust hanger)
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #221
cug
--

Quote:
From the side
Looks awesome. Those cases look tiny on the GS.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #222
mistercindy
In a state of equilibrium

Oddometer: 2,905
Wow... I can't believe I did it. I just drank the Micatech cool-aid. Twenty minutes ago I completed my online order for a pair of Pilots for my '05 R1200GS.

I did it because my left Vario bag was crushed when it was hit in a parking lot. Its being held on to my bike with zip-ties. My chioces were to
  1. Replace the left Vario bag for $470 new, or around $200 to $350 if I stumbled on a used one, and I've seen a few. Or,
  2. Order the Pilots, which I'd already decided on as my aluminum bag of choice.
Ultimately, I figured the Micatechs would last forever, so if and when I sell this bike (it has 84,000 miles on it), I'll just put 'em on my next GS. Another Vario would be just as susceptible to breaking as the last. So... I placed my order. And BTW, the woman who answered my questions is very confidence inspiring. Had she come across as not knowing her stuff I wouldn't have bought them.

Anyway, I'm getting the gray, as that black with silver veins just looks cool.

I also ordered the roof-racks. They just look TOO darn convenient. The woman I spoke to on the phone yesterday said that Micatech would solder them on for me (extra $50) so I included that in my online "special instructions." She said that the soldered roof-racks would be as solid and strong as the ones bolted on. I'm assuming that Micatech has tested that in some way so it doesn't worry me.

Now comes the wait............. Hope those zip-ties work for a while!

Wow! I can't believe I did it!

The following statement is true.

The above statement is false.
mistercindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #223
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Awesome! Thanks for your order! Be sure to share some photos when you have everything installed
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #224
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,768
I have a couple of questions;
First, I'd like to carry fuel and water on the back of my Pilot Cases in 1 gal Rotopax cans. Do you advise against this? Should I use a backing plate for the mounting brackets? How about the bracket extenders, that hold a second 1 gal can? (total weight for brackets and 2 gal would be about 25 lbs)

And the secone question. When ordering Roof Racks, what would look better, black like the box or grey like the doors?
I'm kinda leaning towards grey.
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #225
PARIAH
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Grey would be the way to go.