Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #301
Motorradfahrer77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
My cases arrived last week and were installed right away. The cases arrive packed very well, installation was completed in about 2.5 hours. Great product, awesome customer service throughout my order. Could not be happier than with my choice to go with Micatech

Here's a pic from my shakedown cruise down to Key West to test out the new gear
Attached Images

Motorradfahrer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #302
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorradfahrer77 View Post
My cases arrived last week and were installed right away. The cases arrive packed very well, installation was completed in about 2.5 hours. Great product, awesome customer service throughout my order. Could not be happier than with my choice to go with Micatech

Here's a pic from my shakedown cruise down to Key West to test out the new gear
Great looking bike with a great parking spot
Thanks for sharing a photo!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #303
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

A Darker Tiger

From inmate bug67

Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #304
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Micatech Camping Table

Our friend Kevin has made a custom camping table from his Micatech Pilot Cases. Plenty of cup holders with those Roof Racks!

Have you found any alternative uses for your Micatechs? Send us an email (info@micatech.net) and we'll share the photos on the Micatech Blog.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #305
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Wink Summer Rally Special!

SUMMER RALLY SPECIAL!

$50 off side cases + $50 off top case + FREE rally delivery (normally $75) = $175 in savings!
Order your Micatech luggage in advance of the rally and we'll deliver it to you at the rally for free!
BONUS OFFER: We'll provide technical assistance and loan our tools to help you install your new Micatech luggage!

The Fine Print:

For pick up at the BMW RA Rally in Chippewa Falls, WI orders must be placed by Friday June 17th.
For pick up at the BMW MOA Rally in Bloomsburg, PA orders must be placed by Friday July 8th.

Enter the the appropriate coupon code "RA" or "MOA" to instantly save:

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are my savings if I'm ordering a set of side cases and a top case?
$100 + FREE rally delivery

What are my savings if I'm only ordering side cases?
$50 + FREE rally delivery

What are my savings if I'm only ordering a top case?
$50 + FREE rally delivery

I've never been to a rally. What's it like?
Thousands of motorcyclists from all around the country come to celebrate the motorcycle lifestyle! Start your morning with a cup of coffee before and then head out for a solo ride or join a group ride through the spectacular countryside. Head back to the rally grounds for some lunch and a stroll through "Vendor Alley" where you'll see all the latest high quality motorcycle gear and accessories from hundreds of vendors. After you've done your shopping, sit in one of the many amazing presentations before eating some delicious BBQ with your new friends. After the sun goes down, enjoy a cold beer while listening to live music. Finish off with some chit-chat around the campfire and the rest up for another fun day tomorrow! Click these links to learn more about the RA rally and the MOA rally.

Do I need to ride a BMW to attend the BMW RA and MOA rallies?
No! All bikes are welcome! Whether you ride a street bike, a dual sport, a tourer, or even a moped, you'll have fun at the rally.

Will you install the product for me?
We're a 2 person team and although we'd love to install it for you we simply won't have the time at the rally. However, since we've done hundreds of installs we know a thing or two about making it go smoothly. We'll provide you with printed installation instructions, lend you our tools and will be close by to help answer any questions you might have.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #306
cug

Oddometer: 4,182
Just checking - any news on your thinking about top loaders with Pilot mount?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #307
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Just checking - any news on your thinking about top loaders with Pilot mount?
Still in the project phase. No big news yet.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #308
cug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micatech View Post
Still in the project phase. No big news yet.
Bummer. I'm about to get panniers now and had hoped for top loaders. Okay, thinking about it.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #309
cug

Received my bags today. Going to install them over the weekend. So far the quality looks awesome, very solid, really nice powder coating. Took me a bit to actually open the case case ... was a long day I guess.

So, now tell me - these two blue sleeves ... what are they for? Beer bottle sleeves?

Oh, and they look surprisingly small. Will have to see how I fit all my crap into two 8" cases.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #310
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Received my bags today. Going to install them over the weekend. So far the quality looks awesome, very solid, really nice powder coating. Took me a bit to actually open the case case ... was a long day I guess.
Looking forward to your photos!

Quote:
So, now tell me - these two blue sleeves ... what are they for? Beer bottle sleeves?

Quote:
Oh, and they look surprisingly small. Will have to see how I fit all my crap into two 8" cases.
Take less crap
Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #311
cug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micatech View Post
Looking forward to your photos!
Will take some and post them here. Weekend ... need time ...

Quote:
Take less crap
Yeah, understood. I'm planning to. I've downsized the tent considerably for touring alone, the sleeping bag is already pretty small, need a smaller packing mattress, though. This stuff will fill a bit more than half of one pannier. Tools, cooking gear, some spares, rain gear, sandals, additional gloves will fill the rest. Leaves the second pannier for clothes and food. Should work just fine for me alone.

We'll see - and as said, I'll take photos.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #312
cug

Installed the cases on Saturday and had a chance to take some photos today. Will write more about the installation and cases when I have a bit more time.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #313
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Looking good!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #314
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Wink Micatech Pack Racks Now Available for the KLR650E and Triumph Tiger 800 & 800XC

Micatech is proud to announce that Pack Racks are now available for the Kawasaki KLR650E ('08-) and Triumph Tiger 800 & 800XC ('11-).

Last spring we offered a significant savings on V2 cases to celebrate the release of the new Triumph Tiger. The response was fantastic and many of you asked about adding a top case. At the time, we didn't have a Pack Rack, the critical connection piece to attach a Micatech Top Case to the motorcycle. However, thanks to a local Tiger rider, we got our hands on one of the new bikes and starting designing a new Pack Rack.

Motorcycle manufacturers don't always make it easy to design accessories. Fortunately, the folks and Triumph left the tail of the new Tiger accessible. After a few iterations we came to a design that's functional, durable and stylish. The Pack Rack compliments the sleek and rugged lines of the Tiger while adding a sturdy platform for extra storage capacity with a Micatech Top Case. The Top Case is back far enough to allow two-up riding and doubles as a backrest for your passenger! By the same token, we keep it as far forward as possible in order to keep the weight towards the center of the bike.

Not only did we add in plenty of places to attach bungee straps, we made them big enough for plastic tip models and ROK straps. And if you're headed out far off the beaten path, we've included an option to mount RotopaX containers for extra fuel/water storage.

In addition to the Triumph Tiger, we took a look at one of the greatest adventure bikes of all time - the Kawasaki KLR650. We have a few of the first generation (A) models around the shop but it wasn't until our friendly local KLR rider, Skip, let us borrow his new (E) model. In 2008 Kawasaki revamped their dual sport and it quickly became the bike of choice for many adventure riders. You emailed, called, and posted on our ADVrider thread that you wanted the ability to mount a Micatech Top Case onto your KLR650E. We listened and got to work.

The simple and rugged design replaces the standard KLR rear rack and adds extra tide down points, quarter-turn connectors to quickly mount a Micatech Top Case, and an option to mount Rotopax containers for extra fuel/water storage.

All Pack Racks are finished with a black colored industrial powder coat that we do right in house. Go to the Micatech Online Shop to order your Pack Rack today.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #315
suecanada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Kolpin fuel pacs

Hey Bob, looks like the Rotopax fuel packs mount about the same turn-key way that the Kolpins do so you can add Kolpins to your list of can-do's!!!! The Kolpins can also be mounted on the roof racks as the base can be wiggled in under the rack with maybe a hair of metal filed off.
suecanada is offline   Reply With Quote