Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #31
2 is better than 4
Calculated risk takr

Oddometer: 100
Congradulations on a rare find. I fisrt saw a quota in australia in '97 as a 1000 when I came back to states I checked and they were unheard of here. I didnt even know they brought them here for a year until 2006. I started looking for a red on then and only could find black ones though so I finaly bought my 950se. If any of you quota guys ever want to sell yours let me know Id still like to have on some day.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #32
diegogarr
d

Oddometer: 31
oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 is better than 4
Congradulations on a rare find. I fisrt saw a quota in australia in '97 as a 1000 when I came back to states I checked and they were unheard of here. I didnt even know they brought them here for a year until 2006. I started looking for a red on then and only could find black ones though so I finaly bought my 950se. If any of you quota guys ever want to sell yours let me know Id still like to have on some day.

Funny, I lived in Darlinghust.. Sydney.. for a year and a half in the early 90's/latest 80's.. That was the first time I saw a Guzzi.. fell in love with it..
The sound got to me..... anyway this Quota is my first Guzzi and my 1st dual sport.. I realize I'm going an unusual route.. What ever!! love my quota.. It was the first one I ever saw and heard of.. after I rode it I had to have it...
I'm just learning about it now.. This bike is tons of fun..

Also whenever I pass someone on a beemeer.. I end up getting followed for miles.. This has happened a few times....
diegogarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #33
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegogarr
I have ridden in rain, sand, slight mud and once in a freak snow storm.. My back stayed dry.. no back spackle.... Although I've never ridden this bike with Pillion.. Now that we have a kid my wife wont ride with me any more.. Hopefully that'll change soon enough..

Man that's a nice looking Quota!!! Mine was originally red as well..
I love the black bits on yours.. That's the coolest looking red one Ive ever seen... nice screen too..

By the way.. Where is "down Here"??

Just take your fender off.. If anything Aesthetically it looks cool as hell..
Thanks you are too kind...I just wish I had all the nice performance bits you have on yours...really !!!...slowly though...since I live down here in Costarica ... I try to depend on the local industry and what's available in this little country.. but yes the screen I have it done down here ...and it came out alright I guess...and the price was really right too

Yes I want to take the fender out .....where did you attach the turn signals?
by the way...
I was in australia in 1991 ...especially in Byron Bay ...old italian bikes where no out of the ordinary thing around.....
In Italy you don't see that many.....
and I am italian
I crossed oz on a gs 1000 .......suzuki that is........ that same year
s10rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #34
diegogarr
d

more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10rat
Thanks you are too kind...I just wish I had all the nice performance bits you have on yours...really !!!...slowly though...since I live down here in Costarica ... I try to depend on the local industry and what's available in this little country.. but yes the screen I have it done down here ...and it came out alright I guess...and the price was really right too

Yes I want to take the fender out .....where did you attach the turn signals?
by the way...
I was in australia in 1991 ...especially in Byron Bay ...old italian bikes where no out of the ordinary thing around.....
In Italy you don't see that many.....
and I am italian
I crossed oz on a gs 1000 .......suzuki that is........ that same year

Wow, Costa Rica!!
Must be gorgeous riding there!!
At least I know the weather is better than here in New York right now..

Here are more pics of my bike just before I bought it..
Some are newer than others, as you can tell.. these are all from the previous owner..

The turn signals attach to the rear bag racks..

http://www.dataorientedventures.com/...UOTA/Pictures/

diegogarr screwed with this post 01-29-2009 at 07:34 PM
Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #35
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

nice close ups...
thanx a lot!..
what's with the buchanan rim and offset spokes ...where can I eventually get one?
and what size tire accomodates.?
Costarica is a small country and roads are small...and far too many cars lately....not too many big bikes unfortunately
and only one quota ..Dat for sure! ; ))
Old 01-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #36
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

messing some more with the paint job ...and plate to frame attachment
Old 01-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #37
Rossco
Cpt. Blue Coat

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegogarr
Funny, I lived in Darlinghust.. Sydney.. for a year and a half in the early 90's/latest 80's.. That was the first time I saw a Guzzi.. fell in love with it..
The sound got to me..... anyway this Quota is my first Guzzi and my 1st dual sport.. I realize I'm going an unusual route.. What ever!! love my quota.. It was the first one I ever saw and heard of.. after I rode it I had to have it...
I'm just learning about it now.. This bike is tons of fun..

Also whenever I pass someone on a beemeer.. I end up getting followed for miles.. This has happened a few times....
This might have been the quota you noticed in sydney (my old bike). Still in the family as I sold it to my brother. 90,000km and going strong!

Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely
salt water has the same affect
Rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #38
diegogarr
d

quota down under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco
This might have been the quota you noticed in sydney (my old bike). Still in the family as I sold it to my brother. 90,000km and going strong!

Actually, the guzzi I 1st saw in Sydney was an 89 1000s.. I was there in 1989 to 90.. the owner just shipped it in. all was stock but the pipes..
Sounded amazing!

To be honest, my quota is the first one I've ever seen or heard of.. I was looking to buy an R1100gs.. I'm just thankful I ran into this one 1st..

Your old bike,,,,,
90,000KM wow!!
Nice bike!!!

All the best from Brooklyn,

Diego
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #39
diegogarr
d

Dc/ac

Quote:
messing some more with the paint job ...and plate to frame attachment

I'm not sure where to get the rim.. I bought my bike with it.. You can maybe google it though..
If you get really stuck, I can try to ask the previous owner.. just let me know.

That Paint scheme looks nice..
Black in Back!!!
kind of DC/AC

Cheers,
d

diegogarr screwed with this post 01-30-2009 at 07:24 PM
Old 03-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #40
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Since we are on the subject...
Updates on my quota
now after 2000 miles the odometer reads 36xx miles
...noticed the expected cracked rim this morning....
not too worried yet but looking for a new one soon

last week bike fell from the very vertical sidestand on a truck's bumper
screen gone in pieces (replaced already with a spare made here in Cr)...mirror glass broken piece of fairing and turn signal also damaged
....no big deal after all...but will eventually modify that sidestand pretty soon
I love the bike though
it is a lot of fun

Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #41
diegogarr
d

Racking up miles.

[QUOTE=s10rat]Since we are on the subject...
Updates on my quota
now after 2000 miles the odometer reads 36xx miles
...noticed the expected cracked rim this morning....
not too worried yet but looking for a new one soon

last week bike fell from the very vertical sidestand on a truck's bumper
screen gone in pieces (replaced already with a spare made here in Cr)...mirror glass broken piece of fairing and turn signal also damaged
....no big deal after all...but will eventually modify that sidestand pretty soon
I love the bike though
it is a lot of fun

Hey, Sorry to hear about the little spill.. The bike still looks great though. I like the paint scheme even more with the black top as well..

Wow 2000 miles! I Just rode mine on the nicer weekends which were few and far between up here.. spring is just arround the corner and I'm excited about racking up some miles..

Also, I'm going to pick up some Hepco and Becker side bags tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #42
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Diego
Good to hear from you again
Thanks for the compliments on the paintjob....I'm not really sure of it yet ...but one day all that plastic is going off...I have a feeling
...well it's dry season over here now...so 2000 miles in 2 months or so is not a lot actually....
also because I ride my supertenere' on the rough roads around here (much faster shorter and lighter)...and save the quota for the asphlalt pavements ..

Congratulations for the sidebags you getting ....post pictures please when they're fit
...I want to be the first to know when you'll be selling the bike ...with all those options I just can dream about...

s10rat screwed with this post 03-22-2009 at 02:20 PM
Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #43
diegogarr
d

Hepco & Becker Bags

Quote:
Hi Diego
Good to hear from you again
Thanks for the compliments on the paintjob....I'm not really sure of it yet ...but one day all that plastic is going off...I have a feeling
...well it's dry season over here now...so 2000 miles in 2 months or so is not a lot actually....
also because I ride my supertenere' on the rough roads around here (much faster shorter and lighter)...and save the quota for the asphlalt pavements ..

Congratulations for the sidebags you getting ....post pictures please when they're fit
...I want to be the first to know when you'll be selling the bike ...with all those options I just can dream about...
Well, here are the pics with the bags freshly installed at my brothers house at the Jersey Shore.. This is where my bike lives during the New York City winters.. I love visiting it and doing the work and maintenance in the comfort of his garage.. Gonna take it out for the season in the next couple of weeks.. She's almost ready to to go...
By the way,,"Plastic coming off"??? Interesting!!

cheers,
d

Old 04-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #44
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Diego
looks like recent quota owners like you and I are keeping the thread alive...
nice and big plastic bags by the way...
not sure they are going to help lane splitting in new york city traffic though...
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #45
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,816
O M G!!! Blue! If I ever saw that at the dealer I would have bought one. When I looked it was red or black and the red was not available. That blue one looks sweet.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is online now   Reply With Quote