ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #466
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,243
Two all posting Advrs. Thank you.

Just made a small burnout in the shed. The pushrod which i had hacked a bit is working fine.

Exhaust today and well soon see some action.

ps: Gregor, update your Garage journal, im waiting for an huge update on your garage.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #467
Blue&Yellow
but orange inside...

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Two all posting Advrs. Thank you.

Just made a small burnout in the shed. The pushrod which i had hacked a bit is working fine.

Exhaust today and well soon see some action.

ps: Gregor, update your Garage journal, im waiting for an huge update on your garage.
You did a burnout in the shed without exhaust? You really are a crazy guy lol! Must have been LOUD even with ear protection on!
Blue&Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #468
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Yellow View Post
You did a burnout in the shed without exhaust? You really are a crazy guy lol! Must have been LOUD even with ear protection on!
Judging from his smile, I don't think he even noticed from laughing and whooping!

Awesome mikael, thats a feeling that few get to experience and the only way to get it is to earn it. Great job, super happy for you.

Can't believe you didn't record the burnout

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #469
liferider
Never It's enough

Oddometer: 648
Locul, thank YOU for keep our fantasy (real for you) going and alive...

More than one of us, I know, would love to have your combination of skills, time and infraestructure to undertake this kind of project.
liferider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #470
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
What a great sound!
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #471
licascurtu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
That is so so awesome dude...so happy for you.....riding from north to south america and back at the moment but reading this makes me exited to go back home and have a little project on my 990 adventure
Ride on
licascurtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #472
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
This has been quite the project so far Mikael, very cool that you got it running!!

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #473
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Thank you for the nice replys. Im working hard to make this a 100% runner and lots of small stuff to work out et.

Exhaust done...

Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #474
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
Nice pipes!! Looks like those tubes came right of a 12liter 8 cyllinder truck!!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #475
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Ive reached as far as possible before a complete runner.

This week have been ups and downs. All im pretty skilled in now.
Bike did run as shown in the video and ran semi ok. I looked forward to the exhaust so i could finish up the noisy part and get on with some testing. Remember the bike is needed to run the 8th April...
Im not sure its going to be like that.
Yesterday the bike wouldnt start at all, i could get a puff from the exhaust. Nothing else. hmmm
I found out after extensive cranking that the front header wasnt warm at all. AHaa. Took out the plug and tested it. It showed an weak flash but should be ok. It was black and wet, gas is surely passing bye. I looked for another plug and the 530 had similar type(LKAR9IB9). Well on with that and showed good signs. Slow starter but it started up after som cranking(4-6 spins).
I had it to the Tuneecu and Bazzaz to read some data. The bike did idle fine, maybe to the weak side(1500rpm). If i hit the gas a bit it would go dead after letting go of the gas.
After all i thought it ran somewhat ok and made my self ready for the virgin ride.
Bike started ok and i drove down the street. From my earlyer LC8 I could tell that it was running partially on 1 cylinder. God be damned. That was untill the second came on and the frontend went for the sky. Holy batman therere some beans in this "LC8". The smile quickly went away as the bike got on 1 cylinder again and came to dead halt. Feck me. Got back to the shed and dumped it for the night.
Today i tested the sparks(both) and they fired fine. With a charged battery i started testing again.
It runs ok though it go up and down in idle. 2100 - 1400 - 2100 rpm.
It shows an Map sensor pipe 1 and 2 fault.

hmm...
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #476
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Yep exhaust is 2" al the way, i will upload some photos from my phone.
My Map fault may come from the discarded box where the map sensors may have had another pressure, though they should be able to read the new environmet. Before start and attached to the Tuneecu they both show 1013 hpa(normal barometric pressure in Denmark).
Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #477
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
Surrounding pressure is not important. For these map. They are sealed up. Sound like its way rich. Ditch that bazzas till all runs well with stock fuelers man. I have no direction I would start with all the extra calculations going on.. what map values are you getting when running and are you sure the front map sensor is connected to the front cyllinder?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #478
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Wel its sorted.

Bike is official assembled and runs great. What was wrong. Well I got 3 Map sensors on the bike, probably stnadard knowhow for the most but it puzzled me a bit. 2 Map sensor on the manifold (cyl 1 and 2) and one to measure if im on top of the world or at sea level. That would be the normal setup. Problem is that my "setup" of the wiring would be an other outlay than the RC8R. All the Map sensor fit each other. Well my 1 cyl was the ambient air sensor and ambient air senor was the 2 cyl... That defines a rouh idle.
I rode the bike 30km yesterday in a blistering sun. Wow. Takes some time to get used to this size again. 2 year since ive ridden this bike. Brakes became better and better. One thing i had forgotten was how strong this bike engine brake. Wow i had some lockups in the roundabouts. The other thing is the plushness from the 320mm Pyndon suspension setup. I look forward to be pushing it.

...oh the engine, rough runner below 3000 RPM. No way near the new ride-by-wire Adventure. but above 3700 it gets rideable and at 4500 weve got the cruise spot. Gearing is an tad longish but as an gravel/road/touring behemoth it should be doable. 5000 rpm and above it is so fast.

I know i have been a douche since no pictures is posted but i will hopeful take an ride today and take some outdoors shot, even some videos.

We had one problem yesterday with the rectifier/regulator that wouldnt feed the battery, but we think we sourced it to some bad wiring. Test will be today. Other than that it need some attention to the details to make me 100% satisfied.

Pics from the last days of building exhaust, fitting brake etc.

Ohhh and i went to the local Rukka dealer for some testing....expensive.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:30 AM   #479
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

arhhh just been on the bike regarding the faulty charging. I think the regulator is shot, but will have to research how to test it.

out
Old 04-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #480
samslow
always learning

Oddometer: 174
This is looking awesome! great work there. it'll be a beast when its done

Are you keeping it on the duke wheels or having 19/21 setup as well?
samslow is offline   Reply With Quote