ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #2746
frogy
Studly Adventurer
 
frogy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Ballwin,MO
Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivers View Post
Me too!

Me 3,now excuse me while I take a cold shower
__________________
2002 R1150RT, 1985 Naked K100RT
frogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #2747
canoli
human
 
canoli's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Not from round these parts.
Oddometer: 1,642
One of these three because...

1) The Soft Tail Slim. Only Harley I ever liked.


2) Bonnie. Best street bike I ever rode.


3) CRF 230. Saw one at the shop today while getting new tires put on my DR and it looked like it would be a lot of fun to thrash around on the dunes.
canoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #2748
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,615
Nice bike, but they really need to trim that front fender down!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoli View Post

__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #2749
skysailor
Rat Rider
 
skysailor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Kenora, Canada
Oddometer: 3,477
I find this an interesting thread. Most "want" bikes that are, for the most part, at least semi attainable. I don't see any real "dreams" of Brough Superiors, or Vincent Black Shadows etc. Makes my mad desire to own an R1200R look pretty reasonable.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #2750
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 241
Ducati Hyperstrada. I didn't even know this bike existed until I saw it at the NYC Motorcycle Show. Felt amazingly comfortable, with a great seat and perfect ergonomics for me. Liquid cooled 823cc L-Twin (of course) with110 hp and 65 ft-lbs, perfect usable power. All top spec electronics, and the semi-soft bags are included stock.



Not normally one to lust after fancy Euro bikes, but this one bit me pretty hard. The 18,000 mile valve adjustment doesn't hurt anything either!
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #2751
Randy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Newnan, GA USA
Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
Ducati Hyperstrada. I didn't even know this bike existed until I saw it at the NYC Motorcycle Show. Felt amazingly comfortable, with a great seat and perfect ergonomics for me. Liquid cooled 823cc L-Twin (of course) with110 hp and 65 ft-lbs, perfect usable power. All top spec electronics, and the semi-soft bags are included stock.



Not normally one to lust after fancy Euro bikes, but this one bit me pretty hard. The 18,000 mile valve adjustment doesn't hurt anything either!
Oh GEEESH! I JUST got a new bike! Why'd you have to go and show me that thing??

__________________
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #2752
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Oh GEEESH! I JUST got a new bike! Why'd you have to go and show me that thing??


I guess it's too late to return it?

That Duc is BEAUTIFUL.
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #2753
Randy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Newnan, GA USA
Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
I guess it's too late to return it?

That Duc is BEAUTIFUL.
Yeah well, the soon to be Mrs. Randy did buy my new one as a gift... Of course a few months earlier she had asked me, if I could have any bike what it would be.... Then as luck would have it we wondered into a H-D shop and I spotted the 48... The rest, as we say, is history. Not that I'm complainin' at all! But, I am a Duc aficionado. Just hadn't stumbled upon this bike before now. I guess I better avoid this thread for a while, huh?
'
__________________
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #2754
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
Ducati Hyperstrada. I didn't even know this bike existed until I saw it at the NYC Motorcycle Show. Felt amazingly comfortable, with a great seat and perfect ergonomics for me. Liquid cooled 823cc L-Twin (of course) with110 hp and 65 ft-lbs, perfect usable power. All top spec electronics, and the semi-soft bags are included stock.



Not normally one to lust after fancy Euro bikes, but this one bit me pretty hard. The 18,000 mile valve adjustment doesn't hurt anything either!
+1

I'm sure it won't sell as much as they hope it would, but it seems to be
the most sensible Ducati out there at the moment, and this coming from
a guy who'd probably buy only the 1000 Sport Classic (touring version).

This seems like a great bike (and what some NC700X owners wish they
had).
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #2755
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
+1

I'm sure it won't sell as much as they hope it would, but it seems to be
the most sensible Ducati out there at the moment, and this coming from
a guy who'd probably buy only the 1000 Sport Classic (touring version).
Sensible Ducati? I never thought I'd see those words next to each other, but you're right. I'm eagerly awaiting spring time so I can con my local dealer into letting me test ride one .
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #2756
fireflyr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fireflyr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Keene, California
Oddometer: 454


Ever come to the realization that there is something fundamentally wrong with your brain? I have decided to embrace it rather than fight it.
__________________
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, #347
2004 XR400R Dual Sport, Baja Designs kit
2005 TTR 125 (son's)
1967 & 1971 Honda Trail 90s
fireflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #2757
9990
Adventurer
 
9990's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Behind a desk, itching to ride
Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
Ducati Hyperstrada. I didn't even know this bike existed until I saw it at the NYC Motorcycle Show. Felt amazingly comfortable, with a great seat and perfect ergonomics for me. Liquid cooled 823cc L-Twin (of course) with110 hp and 65 ft-lbs, perfect usable power. All top spec electronics, and the semi-soft bags are included stock.



Not normally one to lust after fancy Euro bikes, but this one bit me pretty hard. The 18,000 mile valve adjustment doesn't hurt anything either!
Interesting. I went to the same show, saw the same bike. While I appreciate it, it doesn't speak to me. Also didn't fit me very well when I sat on it.

Now the Monster 1100 EVO that was nearby at the same Ducati booth, that's another story... It already has me figuring out how to put a 3rd bike in the garage...
__________________
current: Triumph Bonneville
previous: HD Street Glide, Triumph Sprint RS 955i, Triumph Tiger 800, Triumph Speedmaster
9990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #2758
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9990 View Post
Interesting. I went to the same show, saw the same bike. While I appreciate it, it doesn't speak to me. Also didn't fit me very well when I sat on it.

Now the Monster 1100 EVO that was nearby at the same Ducati booth, that's another story... It already has me figuring out how to put a 3rd bike in the garage...
That EVO is a really nice bike. A real looker, and has the pedigree to back it up. But I don't think its the one for me. Didn't feel connected to the bike when I sat on it.

Thankfully with so many great motorcycles today we have some choice, what is one riders ideal bike, certainly isn't all riders.
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #2759
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Worcester, Mass
Oddometer: 268
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
That EVO is a really nice bike. A real looker, and has the pedigree to back it up. But I don't think its the one for me. Didn't feel connected to the bike when I sat on it.

Thankfully with so many great motorcycles today we have some choice, what is one riders ideal bike, certainly isn't all riders.
I sat on it as well. Classic Monster ergos, which I know all too well, as I own an '06 S2R 800, in Red & White.

That bike is too pretty to trade in...
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #2760
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
I sat on it as well. Classic Monster ergos, which I know all too well, as I own an '06 S2R 800, in Red & White.

That bike is too pretty to trade in...
You're right.
Don't trade it in.

Give it to me, and buy the new 1100 without the trade-in.


But I'll have to see a picture first!
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014