Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #3016
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperGirl View Post
I'm in love. Is it in the us?
I'm not absolutely sure, I think so but even if it is it'd be a little hard to get. They don't have much of a dealer network, I read somewhere that they just came back after filling for bankruptcy a few years ago. I hope they do import it tho cause I love the look of the bike and that it'll do street and light offroad well. All the reviews I've seen for it are good.

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #3017
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinace1 View Post
I'm not absolutely sure, I think so but even if it is it'd be a little hard to get. They don't have much of a dealer network, I read somewhere that they just came back after filling for bankruptcy a few years ago. I hope they do import it tho cause I love the look of the bike and that it'll do street and light offroad well. All the reviews I've seen for it are good.
To my knowledge, none of the Moto Morini's have made it to the USA in the past 10 years. If I'm wrong, please correct me, and let me know where the importer is located.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #3018
panhead_dan
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 713
What bike do you want today?

I want a 2010 Buell XB12XT with low miles.
I would swap out the T parts for the X parts on my '06 and have two rare bikes. I would have an '06 XT and a '10X. Then I would sell the '06.
panhead_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #3019
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,993
want!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #3020
Thatch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon12 View Post
To my knowledge, none of the Moto Morini's have made it to the USA in the past 10 years. If I'm wrong, please correct me, and let me know where the importer is located.
This is correct. Morini hasn't sold any of it's 1200 line in the US. They haven't had any bikes in the US since their 350 and 500 cc bikes (which I think ended sales in the US in the early 80's but I'm not sure). They are producing bikes again however, selling directly to the public from the factory. They have service agreements with a network of shops around Europe now. Not optimal, but a logical first step to bringing the brand back. I'm sure they are working towards retail sales again but there has been no word on when and how that will play out.

As for US sales, I know that before the bankruptcy they had plans on returning to the states. However, with the companies troubles and the current economy (the worlds and Italy's) I suspect that has been put on the back burner if not shelved completely, but that's is just speculation on my part.

I too coveted a Morini for several years that's why when I moved to Germany about two years ago I started looking. I wanted to buy from the factory sell off but it wasn't a good time for me. I ended up stumbling onto probably a better deal though when I bought this 2010 scrambler with damn near all the options.

couldn't be happier with the bike. It is a true scrambler with serious street abilities and more than competent off-road (it did win the street class of the Erzberg rodeo). I really hope that they make it to the states. Regardless I'll be bringing mine back in a couple years.

And to tie this back to the thread.... This is the bike I want today... I just want the damn snow to go away so I can get it out of the garage.
Thatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #3021
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatch View Post
This is correct. Morini hasn't sold any of it's 1200 line in the US. They haven't had any bikes in the US since their 350 and 500 cc bikes (which I think ended sales in the US in the early 80's but I'm not sure). They are producing bikes again however, selling directly to the public from the factory. They have service agreements with a network of shops around Europe now. Not optimal, but a logical first step to bringing the brand back. I'm sure they are working towards retail sales again but there has been no word on when and how that will play out.

As for US sales, I know that before the bankruptcy they had plans on returning to the states. However, with the companies troubles and the current economy (the worlds and Italy's) I suspect that has been put on the back burner if not shelved completely, but that's is just speculation on my part.

I too coveted a Morini for several years that's why when I moved to Germany about two years ago I started looking. I wanted to buy from the factory sell off but it wasn't a good time for me. I ended up stumbling onto probably a better deal though when I bought this 2010 scrambler with damn near all the options.

couldn't be happier with the bike. It is a true scrambler with serious street abilities and more than competent off-road (it did win the street class of the Erzberg rodeo). I really hope that they make it to the states. Regardless I'll be bringing mine back in a couple years.

And to tie this back to the thread.... This is the bike I want today... I just want the damn snow to go away so I can get it out of the garage.
Thanx for the clarification...and DANG that is one beautiful bike! Nice!

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #3022
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinace1 View Post
Thanx for the clarification...and DANG that is one beautiful bike! Nice!
+1

Is that a proprietary engine or is it sourced from another manufacturer?

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #3023
Thatch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
+1

Is that a proprietary engine or is it sourced from another manufacturer?

Thanks Randy and Flyinace

The Bialbero CorsaCorta 1187 engine is proprietary (118hp, 76 ft/lbs). In fact it's really one of the few things that Morini actually makes themselves. Nearly everything on the bike is made by one of the Italian component makers (excel rims, zard & Termignoni exhaust, Verlicchi frame, Marzocchi forks, Ohlins rear...) to Morini's specifications, which is great because the quality is all top notch and I have less concern about availability of parts. The bike has the appearance of a heavily customized bike even while stock because nearly all of the parts are branded by the various manufacturers.

The engine is pretty bomb proof and is used throughout the line. Because of the recent history of the brand I did a lot of research to try and find out any chronic issues with the engine and found very little issues with the bike as a whole. The Corsaro version pumps out 140 hp so the Scrambler variant isn't stressed at all. Plus, at about 420lbs it's the same weight or lighter than most of the 800cc dual sports (some with less than half the horsepower) so it's far from under powered for the job at hand. I've been completely impressed by this bike.

Sorry for any thread derailing I might of caused.
Thatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #3024
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,744
Back to this today..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #3025
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
What is it?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #3026
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer: 419
Pretty sure it is a Honda NC700D 'Integra'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NC700D_Integra
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #3027
Halky
Σερ

Oddometer: 60
I've always fancied the zx6 and zx10 ninjas, especially the newer models. Although I'd never own one I'd like to try 'em out.

Lovely beasties.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #3028
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,517

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #3029
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,775
Visordown posted the original R1 in a discussion about the advancement of electronics.

I'd forgotten how damn sexy they were/are.

Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #3030
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,993
inexpensive, great handling, light weight, stylish, great motor...

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote