Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #526
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderind View Post
That is the 2007 Honda CB750 Nighthawk - reintroduced in Japan in 2007. think it is fuel injected

one of those bikes which will never see our shores

Why would any sane manufacturer choose not to serve in the hottest motorcycle market?
You need to read up on your misconceptions about the US motorcycle market. It's not very hot, actually it is not even lukewarm, unfortunately.
Go to webbikeworld com and search motorcycle sales. One of the problems here in the US is that motorcycles are still considered a "toy" and not a viable means of transportation, another is that the manufacturers are still using macho images to sell a two wheeler as if you become something special by riding a bike. It's sort of a '70ties marketing campaign which doesn't bring a lot of new riders into the ranks.
I, for one, am still pissed that I can move home to Denmark, a country consisting of 5.5 million people and buy a CB1300sa tomorrow, but I can't get it in a country of 300 million because Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki says it's too expensive to bring them here So, there's no room in the container you ship the other bikes in to cram in a tiny winy little CB for me and me friends over here? Riiight!
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #527
1200B
Ride everywhere...

Oddometer: 282
Ducati Diavel, rode the $20,000 carbon version the other day and it was amazing!
I think I would go with the $17,000 Diamond Black version tho...
But I still kinda want a white Aprilia RSV4...maybe the Diavel would be more practical as an every day bike.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #528
wanderind
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Agreed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
You need to read up on your misconceptions about the US motorcycle market. It's not very hot, actually it is not even lukewarm, unfortunately.
Go to webbikeworld com and search motorcycle sales. One of the problems here in the US is that motorcycles are still considered a "toy" and not a viable means of transportation, another is that the manufacturers are still using macho images to sell a two wheeler as if you become something special by riding a bike. It's sort of a '70ties marketing campaign which doesn't bring a lot of new riders into the ranks.
I, for one, am still pissed that I can move home to Denmark, a country consisting of 5.5 million people and buy a CB1300sa tomorrow, but I can't get it in a country of 300 million because Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki says it's too expensive to bring them here So, there's no room in the container you ship the other bikes in to cram in a tiny winy little CB for me and me friends over here? Riiight!
wanderind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #529
Censport
Vendor

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
And yet, Ducati has found it feasible to send us umpteen variations of the Monster. Part of it is so many people here are afraid to ride bikes because their neighbors all have SUVs, so they feel they have to have an SUV to be safe too.

I'll be in Japan next year, so I suppose I'll have to try shipping a bike or two back for my personal collection.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #530
nukemm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
I've been in the market for an inexpensive highway mileage bike and have been lusting after an older (1980's) Honda Goldwing. There are several in the San Diego area for cheap... I just hope that there are some when I get back from Hawaii next month.
nukemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #531
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemm View Post
I've been in the market for an inexpensive highway mileage bike and have been lusting after an older (1980's) Honda Goldwing. There are several in the San Diego area for cheap... I just hope that there are some when I get back from Hawaii next month.
There always are - jaxed is your friend.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 AM   #532
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censport View Post
And yet, Ducati has found it feasible to send us umpteen variations of the Monster. Part of it is so many people here are afraid to ride bikes because their neighbors all have SUVs, so they feel they have to have an SUV to be safe too.

I'll be in Japan next year, so I suppose I'll have to try shipping a bike or two back for my personal collection.
Room in your carry-on for little old me?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 AM   #533
AccordionThief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Something like Wee or Versys with design and engine by Aprilia.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #534
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

This would work for me too.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #535
PizzaHog
Thought Criminal

Oddometer: 2,775
Quote:

This would work for me too.
*sigh* Another non-US bike, I assume?
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #536
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaHog View Post
*sigh* Another non-US bike, I assume?
Yup, and this is the 2011 model
Old 08-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #537
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
Yup, and this is the 2011 model
And probably it's last year..
Can't do much with exhaust regulations on a (big) air cooled bike..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #538
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
And probably it's last year..
Can't do much with exhaust regulations on a (big) air cooled bike..
You're probably right, which is why it's so wrong we don't get a chance to put 'em in our garages over here. Seems like Suzuki stopped making the GSX1400 in 2008 and that was/is a beautiful retro, but so is the Kawasaki...oh, the cruelty!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #539
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
You're probably right, which is why it's so wrong we don't get a chance to put 'em in our garages over here. Seems like Suzuki stopped making the GSX1400 in 2008 and that was/is a beautiful retro, but so is the Kawasaki...oh, the cruelty!
I know a guy who went from the GSX1400 to the naked Bandit 1250 and other
then looks, he says he never looked back.. he likes the bandit's engine better,
but he had to upgrade the suspension.

At least there's something similar on the market at all times, if not the exact
same bikes.

The CB1300 is still sold here, but no one seems to care since it costs 30-40%
more then the mentioned Bandit 1250.

I guess we gotta move our attention to the modern classics like the
Bonnie, W800 etc.. the modern muscle-nakeds don't do it for me (think
BKing).

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #540
madisonreid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,703
My new K75 .......still waiting

Before

madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote