ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #1051
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldhippie View Post
Amazing how ya'll here rave about how sportys are the only harleys that handle and are set up like standards then go gaga over a red metalflake 21" front sporty with forwards, solo, apes, peanut tank and whitewalls.
Never got chopping/cruiserizing a sporty??????
Just because the 72 isn't for me doesn't mean I can't honestly look at it for what it is and say "nice bike!"
People who can't do that are generally dicks who think there's only one beer I should drink, one bike I should ride, or one brand of clothing I should wear. I try to not be a dick.

And, the world of motorcycling is a lot more fun when you lighten up and kiss off all these dumb "rules" that seem to crop up around brand loyalty and riding style in this hobby.

I like what I want and I ride what I can afford. I don't need anyone's permission or forgiveness for that.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #1052
teddy750
Adventurer
 
teddy750's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: THESSALONIKI GREECE
Oddometer: 53
especially with an ass like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy750 View Post
looks like that 75 to 85 hp the right suspension and brakes no change in dimensions or cc. i know honda can do it
or loks like that
Attached Images
 
teddy750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #1053
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,323
Nice reply. Just because Harleys use stone age technology and are mostly ridden by doo-rag wearing cavemen doesn't mean that we can't appreciate one that is done up properly!!!
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #1054
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,766
Today, I want a 1200 roadster.


Mid controls. Good brakes. Torquey engine. Looks great. Gets decent mileage. Can be bought for a fair price and in unmolested condition still. I'd fit some leather city bags and a flyscreen and commute on it, grinning like a mule eating briars the whole time probably.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #1055
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer
 
woodnbow's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Western Slope (By God!) of Colorado
Oddometer: 1,292
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Just because the 72 isn't for me doesn't mean I can't honestly look at it for what it is and say "nice bike!"
People who can't do that are generally dicks who think there's only one beer I should drink, one bike I should ride, or one brand of clothing I should wear. I try to not be a dick.

And, the world of motorcycling is a lot more fun when you lighten up and kiss off all these dumb "rules" that seem to crop up around brand loyalty and riding style in this hobby.

I like what I want and I ride what I can afford. I don't need anyone's permission or forgiveness for that.
Well said... Don't hate them because they're beautiful!!!
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #1056
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer
 
woodnbow's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Western Slope (By God!) of Colorado
Oddometer: 1,292
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
Nice reply. Just because Harleys use stone age technology and are mostly ridden by doo-rag wearing cavemen doesn't mean that we can't appreciate one that is done up properly!!!
I ride a Harley, my shirt sleeves measure two inches longer than my inseam so I predate Neandertals by a looong time and I resent the hell out of your implication...
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #1057
40cu.in.of.furey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
40cu.in.of.furey's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Milton, Wisconsin
Oddometer: 224
I to would love to get a 883 or 1200R I really like the 2in1 exhaust that came on the early 2000's but it would be nice to have a rubber mounted engine which came later I believe. Carburated would also be nice!



Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Today, I want a 1200 roadster.


Mid controls. Good brakes. Torquey engine. Looks great. Gets decent mileage. Can be bought for a fair price and in unmolested condition still. I'd fit some leather city bags and a flyscreen and commute on it, grinning like a mule eating briars the whole time probably.
__________________
07 DR650SE w/ FCR MX carb
01 Honda VFR800FI
73 Honda SL125
40cu.in.of.furey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #1058
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,524
I want this and hopefully it will finally get here next week!?!

__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #1059
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cu.in.of.furey View Post
I to would love to get a 883 or 1200R I really like the 2in1 exhaust that came on the early 2000's but it would be nice to have a rubber mounted engine which came later I believe. Carburated would also be nice!

'04' '05' '06' Carburated Rubber Mounted.
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #1060
crazyjeeper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
crazyjeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 379
First gen Triumph Tiger 'steamer'.




Dirt cheap, looks awesome, 855 triple engine, what's not to like?
__________________
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere, 1997 Honda XR650L, 1985 Honda XR350R, 1976 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
crazyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #1061
malott442
Loud, yet refreshing
 
malott442's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Odenville, AL
Oddometer: 611

KTM super enduro. Crack with a kill switch.

Umm. Hell yes, please?!
malott442 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #1062
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
wannaklr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Back In Iowa. Quad Cities to be exactish..
Oddometer: 7,234
Crap!!! All of them!!
__________________
Back in Iowa!
I like my music like I like my women. Loud, angry and with bagpipes!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #1063
jamz
Samsquanch
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Southern Maine - Boston
Oddometer: 129
This was me for the past few weeks, as I had some money...




Today I found one, so I got my fix for now. :)
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #1064
sargev55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: charlotte, nc, usa
Oddometer: 496
triumph scrambler with some basic upgrades, or cbr 250r. totally opposite bikes lol.
__________________
2005 Harley 1200 Roadster. 72whp/76tq
1995 eclipse gs-t. 342whp/310tq
1999 ford exploder...who cares.
Bladez Moby-S goped thingy. 35cc of whoop ass!
sargev55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #1065
IRideASlowBike
Beastly Adventurer
 
IRideASlowBike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargev55 View Post
triumph scrambler

Me too!
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014