Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #256
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Oddometer: 233
Sunday

R Charger and Sawdoc,

A few choices to meet on Sunday.

Meet us 10 ish just before the ride really begins at the intersection of Hwy 3 and the 630 at Andersonville.
From here we will be starting on some dirt rds. close by and leading to some nice two track and some more two track that should take us into McAdam by noon.

Or meet us in McAdam at the Rail Bldg at noon ish.

From here we will be going up the 630 towards Cantebury a few kms then on to Forest City.

This is more exploratory off the 630. At worst I would say washed out two track. Been some ways but snow kept me from going further.

After our stop in Forest City return on some and some not of the same route to the 630 and loop around Fifth Lake and down the Rail line to McAdam.

From McAdam head just east a few kms on a dirt rd and head up to Pokiak so you guys making the trip could head off from there and we'll return on some dirt rds and the 630 and maybe stop at Spednic Lk Prov Pk. to ponder our day and show a few a gem of a place to camp.

Then it's get home.

The day should be doable on big or small bikes. Good gravel rds, two track, and more maybe tighter two track.

I do expect things to be pretty casual however I also do expect to come across a few interesting situations. Nothing done at risk and not looking for a muddy day. A nice cruise through some really really nice country.

We will be in contact before to verify everything.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #257
pyro_
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
So i am going out to Halifax at the end of june for work and going to ride out on the bike. Only have to be in halifax for one day and the rest of the week is going to be vacation. Any roads in NB or NS that i should make sure i go and check out? Already planing on doing the cabot trail but open to anything else you might have to check out.
pyro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #258
tmills
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
There is the mini Cabot Trail out through Cape George in Antigonish County. The #7 hwy through Sheet Harbour, Sherbrooke to Antigonish. Lots of little back roads. I have some time off the end of June I could hook up for a ride if you'd like some company and of course the Cabot Trail is awesome.

Sent from my SGH-I957M using Tapatalk 2
tmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #259
pyro_
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the recomendations will check them out. Cape george is a nice route, did it when driving around in the car last time i was out there in april deff going to have to consider doing it on the bike.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #260
Red KLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro_ View Post
So i am going out to Halifax at the end of june for work and going to ride out on the bike. Only have to be in halifax for one day and the rest of the week is going to be vacation. Any roads in NB or NS that i should make sure i go and check out? Already planing on doing the cabot trail but open to anything else you might have to check out.
After passing Amherst NS take Rte 302 to Maccan and then Rte 242 to Joggins and then Rte 209 around to Advocate Harbour and Parrsboro then Rte 2 to Masstown where you must stop at the Masstown Market ------- good food , you can then get back on main highway .
BTW , a good restaurant in Advocate Harbour is the Wild Caraway
Another option would be to take Rte 6 out of Amherst to follow the coast of Northumberland Strait to Tatamagouche , then Rte 311 south to Truro .
Have a good trip .
Red KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #261
pyro_
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks will check it out
Old 05-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #262
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Sunday June 3rd ride general info.

Just a little info for those coming out for the ride Sunday around the McAdam area.

First leg from St. Stephen to Forest City and return to Mcadam is approx. 180kms. Half way we could stop in McAdam. There is a good sub shop, grocery store, gas and such. A good idea to take some food along there will be no MacDonald's or Timmy's available. From McAdam via Forest city back to McAdam is approx. 120kms.

After our first leg we will be going through McAdam again but on the rail line this time so you can stock up on gas or whatever again for this next leg up to Pokiak and return on the 630 to St. Stephen it is approx. 185kms

Even though we will be in McAdam a few times we will be coming from different directions each time. It's in a good spot for our loops for supplies and the best part is it will all be different each time we go to McAdam. There's even a place for a beer or two if your heart desires.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #263
brecchi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
I'm about to take a 3 week trip from NYC to Montreal for the F1 race and then a loop around the Maritimes via the Trans Lab Hwy. Maybe I'll run into some of you guys along the way. Can't wait to see your part of the continent.
brecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #264
r-charger
2009 KLR650 farkled

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundy Rider View Post
R Charger and Sawdoc,

A few choices to meet on Sunday.

Meet us 10 ish just before the ride really begins at the intersection of Hwy 3 and the 630 at Andersonville.
From here we will be starting on some dirt rds. close by and leading to some nice two track and some more two track that should take us into McAdam by noon.

Or meet us in McAdam at the Rail Bldg at noon ish.

From here we will be going up the 630 towards Cantebury a few kms then on to Forest City.

This is more exploratory off the 630. At worst I would say washed out two track. Been some ways but snow kept me from going further.

After our stop in Forest City return on some and some not of the same route to the 630 and loop around Fifth Lake and down the Rail line to McAdam.

From McAdam head just east a few kms on a dirt rd and head up to Pokiak so you guys making the trip could head off from there and we'll return on some dirt rds and the 630 and maybe stop at Spednic Lk Prov Pk. to ponder our day and show a few a gem of a place to camp.

Then it's get home.

The day should be doable on big or small bikes. Good gravel rds, two track, and more maybe tighter two track.

I do expect things to be pretty casual however I also do expect to come across a few interesting situations. Nothing done at risk and not looking for a muddy day. A nice cruise through some really really nice country.

We will be in contact before to verify everything.
Me, Sawdoc, Nag'em and possibly 1 or 2 others will be meeting at the Mactaquac Esso on Sunday morning at 8:50 then bootin' it for the #3/360 Andersonville spot for 10ish. Wait for us there if we're not there already. Let's confirm Saturday night if the weather looks crappy to make sure it's still a go. The route looks good.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #265
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-charger View Post
Me, Sawdoc, Nag'em and possibly 1 or 2 others will be meeting at the Mactaquac Esso on Sunday morning at 8:50 then bootin' it for the #3/360 Andersonville spot for 10ish. Wait for us there if we're not there already. Let's confirm Saturday night if the weather looks crappy to make sure it's still a go. The route looks good.
could a cancel notice be done by 7pm AT SAt. before I leave, I'm assuming at this point I will be in the rain on the way to St Stephen....forcast is not good for Maine, I don't mind riding over in the rain if the ride goes on Sunday
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #266
r-charger
2009 KLR650 farkled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
could a cancel notice be done by 7pm AT SAt. before I leave, I'm assuming at this point I will be in the rain on the way to St Stephen....forcast is not good for Maine, I don't mind riding over in the rain if the ride goes on Sunday
The forcast is looking better & better . I was just trying to ensure if either the people from the north or the south don't go, we have a commitment cutoff time so the other people aren't waiting in the rain for people not showing up (lol).
Dave, if you're travelling on Saturday - it looks like great weather!!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #267
MP5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Screw the rain!! Wer're gonna be wet anyway...puddles tend to do that! Especially the big ones....hehehe
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #268
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-charger View Post
The forcast is looking better & better . I was just trying to ensure if either the people from the north or the south don't go, we have a commitment cutoff time so the other people aren't waiting in the rain for people not showing up (lol).
Dave, if you're travelling on Saturday - it looks like great weather!!
what site to you check for weather? last yr I was using accuweather for NB info
the Me forcast has weather moving west to east so Sunday should get better as it goes....
if nothing else I will be over to share what I know of 60csx with Mark. got a little notebook computer as a companion to the gps...
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #269
r-charger
2009 KLR650 farkled

Quote:
what site to you check for weather? last yr I was using accuweather for NB info
the Me forcast has weather moving west to east so Sunday should get better as it goes....
if nothing else I will be over to share what I know of 60csx with Mark. got a little notebook computer as a companion to the gps...
I average Accuweather, Environment Canada, and the weather network. All are saying 14-15 C, periods of rain up to 5 mm. They're starting to agree. Yesterday morning one of the sites was forecasting 25mm. I'm ok with rain, but that would have been just crappy! I think MP5 has the right attitude! but didn't you teach me to go around the puddles Dan??
Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #270
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Sunday Ride June 3

Quote:
No problem Dave. You can send me a message anytime through the day. I will be looking for you. We will be going out as long as long as it isn't raining like crazy. It is supposed to be better in the afternoon as far as rain goes but a bit chilly for this time of year. Perfect! not much dust and won't be sweating like a mad man trying to stay out of Dan's roost on the Super Enduro if he's man enough to take it in the woods. Ya I know Dan I keep saying I need a tire for the 950adv. and will be taking the klr. I have to rattle your chain somehow.

If the weather is that bad Sat. night and don't want to travel in the rain maybe you could meet us Sunday in Vanceboro around noon on the Canadian side of the Border.

We will be in contact tomorrow. Your more then welcome to come up early in the day if the weather is better for you.