User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
wavzesos OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Looking for great place to stop in Wisconsin

I'm ridding through Wisconsin in two weeks, want to know if someone has a great place to drop by and cool down.
wavzesos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Lots of people go to the "DElls" for the water parks- they are nice but tourist traps: a great place to cool down. I would head to western wisconsin all along the great river road (35) up to alma lake pepin area if I were stickin to tarmac for the most part. Lots of nice places in the state, personally not a city boy but madison is an intersting city, always events and hotties runnin around to look at, also a liberal town with a lot of gay shit (not the happy gay either) goin on, but it is what it is and to each their own.
I would (this is me speaking and my personal opinion) stay away from Milwaukee, typical dirty big city in my opinion and a lot of crap happens there it seems. BUTTTT it does have the harley museum which is supposed to be awsome and a great way to spend your spare money for a day.
Also if you are intersted in weird metal type structures there is a place called Delanies (spelling ?), believe it is on hwy 12 north of madison a ways, intersting place to see what a welder can do with every one elses scrap.
Feel free to pm me for more info.
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Zerk
DILLIGAF

Oddometer: 3,204
The muesum, is interesting. I do agree, other then that I wouldn't be all that interested in Milwaukee. Dells doesn't interest me much either.

The Missisippi is nice ride. Lots of great roads in northern WI, just pick one.

foreign lands and alien birds, hear stories that no ones heard-D.A.D.

Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.
Zerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
mike1952
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
Devils Lake State Park is a good stop. Interesting quartzite cliffs surround the lake.
mike1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
BenBlohoweak
BenBlo

Oddometer: 30
Madison and Surrounding area

If you go by the Madison/south centralish area, Devil's Lake and Dr. Evermore's sculpture garden are really quite alright. Parfrey's Glen @ Devils Lake State Park is quite above par for stuff you usually see in Wisconsin -- i highly recommend it.

Take Highway 69 from Madison west side suburbs south to New Glarus and Monroe -- The roads are really beautiful (this area is called "little Switzerland") and you can stop for a Brewery Tour @ New Glarus Brewery and get some Limburger cheese from Monroe!

I also second a route along the mississippi - the "driftless"/unglaciated part of Wisconsin is spectacular, as far as i'm concerned. If you want to see some good driftless scenery, check out the kickapoo river area, or zig zag between highways 151 and 14, while going west.
BenBlohoweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
dfishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Pissed

Stop by HD headquarters & kick Wandell in the nuts for screwing Buell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,694
I'd say stop in and see #18, but you said "cool off"...so that is a no-go
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
killfile
49/50

Oddometer: 353
I would say you should definitely check out Milwaukee for the Calatrava addition to the Milwaukee Art Museum and you should eat at the FUEL cafe:
http://www.fuelcafe.com/
818 E. Center Street, Milwaukee

killfile screwed with this post 06-07-2010 at 01:12 PM
killfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #9
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,369
Hang out with Max in Madison
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
kbear
Mudbiker

Oddometer: 123
One of the most beautiful and clean lakes in Wisconsin is Lake Owen near the town of Cable. Spent a lot of quality family time there.
kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Hoopjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
There is much to see in WI in nearly every part of the state. The most populous part of the state will be SE WI, which takes in Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, etc. Cities rarely are ideal destinations for motorcycles.
The HD Museum in Milwaukee is IMHO, very much over rated. All of these cities do have beautiful lakefronts.

The cities along Lake Michigan north of Milwauke are beautiful.
And of course, Door County is a wonderful place to visit and ride through. Lots of scenic vistas & harbors. Yes, its touristy. But in somewhat of a good way.

Northern WI near the Eagle River/Minoqua area has a plethora of crystal clear lakes in a forested setting. The riding here is gorgeous.

Western Wi, especially along the Mississippi, is probably the best scenery to be found in the state. There are rolling hills & bluffs and the scenery is nothing less than spectacular. If you make it to LaCrosse, be sure to visit Grand dads Bluff. On a clear day, you'll be able to see WI/MN/Iowa.

I have only scratched the surface of good destinations in WI. there are 1000's.
Hoopjohn is offline   Reply With Quote