Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #301
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post

we won two of the three starts and would have gone three for three but the other 100 made a mess of it and rather then hit them I let them in at the committee boat. I almost gave our captain a heart attack in the process.

Virago won our class for the week and we came out second which we're very pleased with. Here's a great shot of the two of us out front. While we were second on handicap we were first boat for boat in two of the three races.
winning starts is OK.....
winning the regatta tho....

just sayin'

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #302
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
winning starts is OK.....
winning the regatta tho....

just sayin'

I remember when anything other than victory was unacceptable and would ruin the week. Thankfully I grew out of that and into driving 90 footers while living large on OPM
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #303
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,145
Quote:
I remember when anything other than victory was unacceptable and would ruin the week. Thankfully I grew out of that and into driving 90 footers while living large on OPM
I have to gain some small measure of satisfaction from busting your balls 'cause you were there and I was here & now you're on your way to Daytona.....

damn it's gonna suck to be C2 at the first BRC eh?

I like my latte w/ regular milk, no sugar, easy on the foam.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #304
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
I have to gain some small measure of satisfaction from busting your balls 'cause you were there and I was here & now you're on your way to Daytona.....

damn it's gonna suck to be C2 at the first BRC eh?

I like my latte w/ regular milk, no sugar, easy on the foam.

As you wish, sir!

Thank you, may I have another!?

At least I'll be low man on a totem of two,vs the next few days when I'm on the bottom of a pile that looks to be about 30 deep. Had a big day with an arrival just as they were winding down. Nothing like being introduced to a dozen or so new faces will still trying to shake off road buzz.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #305
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,714
Took my kids out for 24 hours...

Mt. Vernon...

It was a good day, they did well, the boat performed flawlessly (especially the mid-80's Johnson 9.9 with year-old gas).
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #306
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Hey Daddy!

You rock!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #307
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,935

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #308
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
That's a whole lot of money right there...
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #309
nomiles
Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer: 3,988
Very bad weekend for the San Francisco Bay sailing community. Much badness during The Crewed Faralones Race, a boat hit by a wave and on the rocks. One man dead, one in the hospital with a broken leg and three are still missing, three more are OK.

The first Mayday was at 1500 yesterday Sat 4/14 and 3 crew are still missing. the water temp at the sea buoy outside is 52f degrees now.

Just one of many articles: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...3L4D.DTL&tsp=1

Updated: 04/16/2012 05:22:18 AM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO—The search for four yacht crew members thrown from their boat during a weekend race off Northern California was indefinitely suspended, with the Coast Guard saying the "window of survivability" had passed.

The four were part of an eight-member crew racing around the Farallon Islands Saturday when their sailboat was hit by powerful waves that forced it onto rocks.

The body of one crew member was pulled from the water hours after the accident. The three remaining crew members were rescued.

Coast Guard Petty Officer Caleb Critchfield said the search was reluctantly halted at sundown Sunday and there were no plans to resume it, after aircraft and boats searched the ocean around the islands, about 27 miles from San Francisco, for more than 30 hours.

"There's a window of survivability and we searched well beyond that window," he told The Associated Press.

nomiles screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 06:23 AM
nomiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #310
68deluxe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiles View Post
Very bad weekend for the San Francisco Bay sailing community. Much badness during The Crewed Faralones Race, a boat hit by a wave and on the rocks. One man dead, one in the hospital with a broken leg and three are still missing, three more are OK.

The first Mayday was at 1500 yesterday Sat 4/14 and 3 crew are still missing. the water temp at the sea buoy outside is 52f degrees now.

Just one of many articles: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...3L4D.DTL&tsp=1

SAN FRANCISCOThe search for four yacht crew members thrown from their boat during a weekend race off Northern California was indefinitely suspended, with the Coast Guard saying the "window of survivability" had passed.

The four were part of an eight-member crew racing around the Farallon Islands Saturday when their sailboat was hit by powerful waves that forced it onto rocks.

The body of one crew member was pulled from the water hours after the accident. The three remaining crew members were rescued.

Coast Guard Petty Officer Caleb Critchfield said the search was reluctantly halted at sundown Sunday and there were no plans to resume it, after aircraft and boats searched the ocean around the islands, about 27 miles from San Francisco, for more than 30 hours.

"There's a window of survivability and we searched well beyond that window," he told The Associated Press.
Holy crap. That is horrible. My prayers are with the families of the crew members.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #311
nomiles
Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68deluxe View Post
Holy crap. That is horrible. My prayers are with the families of the crew members.
Anatomy of a Farallon Islands yachting tragedy

The Low Speed Chase lies on its side on the rocks of the Farallon Islands off the coast of San Francisco on April 14. In the worst yacht racing accident in Northern California in three decades, five sailing crew members were killed when the boat crashed onto the rocks during a race around the islands.
Photo: Brant Ward San Francisco Chronicle
Old 04-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #312
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

First person account of Low Speed Chase tragedy.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #313
John Smallberries
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Hey OP

I have a Hobie Tandem Island Adventure and love it. I am looking forward to sailing again soon on Lake Huron.

Did you ever get one?
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #314
Bongolia
stop acting

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiles View Post

SAN FRANCISCOThe search for four yacht crew members thrown from their boat during a weekend race off Northern California was indefinitely suspended, with the Coast Guard saying the "window of survivability" had passed.

Beware the lee shores...

That Island shore looks hard. My condolences to the bereaved.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #315
Bongolia
stop acting

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Must have been a hell of a wave.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: