User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
Renegade_Azzy OP
Kamen Rider

Oddometer: 542
Renting an electric bike

So, Im curious. Is there anywhere to rent a bike powered by the transfer of electrons, or is it purely a buyer market. Im being sent to vacation with the family in Florida this winter, and not allowed to take the bike (which I figured would be a nice way to spend 2 days of the vacation.. but I digress).

Saw rental places in Orlando that have (not really) all sorts of bikes (I can play Pirate!) to rent, but didnt see an eBike out there.

Any contacts?

(maybe I should just ditch the plane ticket and ride anyhow)
Old 10-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
kvango
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Electrons not ready . . .

Probably "not ready for prime time" - rental bikes are going to get a little abused, and need range, fast turn-around/repair/refuel.

I see the big rental place will give you a GS1200 ($179) unless you are getting out of Florida (or going to a forest area) stick with a Harley (Cheaper at a Harley dealer). Roads are basically flat and straight. If you are staying along the beach . . . rent a scooter (ATGATT = shorts and sandals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_Azzy View Post
. . . .vacation with the family in Florida . . .
Saw rental places in Orlando that have (not really) all sorts of bikes (I can play Pirate!) to rent, but didnt see an eBike out there.

(maybe I should just ditch the plane ticket and ride anyhow)
kvango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #3
Renegade_Azzy OP
Kamen Rider

Oddometer: 542
My plan was to go for a "quick ride to the store" in Key West. I found a place that rents Triumphs, and has a 1200 scrambler for a decent price, but limited mileage. it would only be a 1 day thing.. my budget barely allows for the trip, even with the in laws paying for it (their time share).

This is all planning that things start turning around and looking up before then.